Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 12:00 AM

4,944 posts, read 3,316,689 times

Advertisements

Pretty makeup at www.kikocosmetics.com/en-us/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 12:24 AM

12,777 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Before COVID started, I wore makeup all the time for yrs & tried numerous brands of all types of makeup. My skin is oily & w/ a golden undertone. My latest personal faves that I had been wearing are:

skin primer - Too Faced Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Primer Peaches and Cream Collection

foundation - Huda Beauty

face powder - Kat Von D Vegan Beauty Lock-It Powder Foundation, Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder Peaches and Cream Collection, a few other brands

highlighter (on cheekbones) - Too Faced Diamond Light Highlighter

blush - Nars, other brands

lipstick - Huda Beauty Demi Matte Cream Liquid Lipstick, other brands

mascara - Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

eyeliner - L'Oreal Lineur Intense Brush Tip

setting spray - Too Faced Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray Peaches and Cream Collection

I miss wearing my makeup, but it would really be a waste for me to wear it since COVID because I wear my big sunglasses & mask at all times when out anyway.

Old 12-25-2020, 03:09 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,847,363 times
deleted

Old 12-25-2020, 03:49 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
cosmetic recommendations

IMO...it depends on what type of product & your needs. edit: I'm always trying new.

My current favorites tho...

Thrive Causemetics Buildable Blur & Tarte Clay BB cream.

Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Rock n Shine ...super glossy & comfortable wear. BUT I change lipstick brands & shades more often than I change anything else...specially now because of Zoom & my new job. I want something that makes a statement rather than a lot of neutrals that I would wear before the pandemic for my old job.

Mascara...Too Faced & Tarte Maneater

Eyeliner....Urban Decay & Glossier

Old 12-27-2020, 06:03 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
The Lancome foundation I use is Renergie Lift. I'll be looking for a similar product once the holidays are over.

But, I have a recommendation if you like oils for your skin. Discovered this company called The Ayurveda Experience via a wonderful ayurvedic center I go to for massage and a Facebook ad. I have always loved ayurvedic oils but you simply cannot find them nowadays. This company has multiple products and I really like the ones I've tried which are the Day & Night duo (Kerasadi and Manjish Glow) and Amplified Youth Spring (3 products). The oils absorb completely into the skin, are made from natural ingredients, including herbs, smell divine, and are effective at moisturizing, softening and rejuvenating my skin.
After trying the last arrival, the Youth Spring, I ordered a facial cleanser (not an oil but coconut based) and a ghee based eye butter. I'll report back.
P.S. The packaging is beautiful as well. Those of us who've purchased agree we can't throw it away, it is that pretty.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:26 AM

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...lAjVEeoZzpiO8A

I am trying to post a picture. oy vey

Old 01-01-2021, 04:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
I have always liked Lancome cosmetics.....foundation and concealer particularly....although I don't use them daily. Of course, they are pretty pricey and I wondered if anyone here has found comparable products at a more reasonable price.
I used Lancome foundation for years (Absolue) and I don't even think they make it any more. So I've been wearing "Your Skin but Better Foundation" from IT cosmetics. So far, so good.

I bought a mini size concealer from NARS since everyone raves about them but I haven't tried it yet. It was only $10 for the small size but it will still last me a long time since I've been working from home and not wearing makeup every day.

Old 01-02-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I used Lancome foundation for years (Absolue) and I don't even think they make it any more. So I've been wearing "Your Skin but Better Foundation" from IT cosmetics. So far, so good.

I bought a mini size concealer from NARS since everyone raves about them but I haven't tried it yet. It was only $10 for the small size but it will still last me a long time since I've been working from home and not wearing makeup every day.
I use a Nars Blush (named Orgasm - haha). I thought it was expensive at $30 for a small compact and it didn't even come with a brush but it's a beautiful color, applies well, and lasts.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:31 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
I use a Nars Blush (named Orgasm - haha). I thought it was expensive at $30 for a small compact and it didn't even come with a brush but it's a beautiful color, applies well, and lasts.
Orgasm is one of their most popular products. And don't worry about it not coming with a brush. The brushes that come with blush are completely useless because they're too small to be able to blend and sheer blush out properly. You can always spot the women who use the included brush ... they have a stripe of pink on their cheeks rather than just a flush of color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty