Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 05:16 PM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
my adult daughter and i BOTH came down with the bug a couple weeks apart in october 2021. around dec/jan we began experiencing large amounts of hair loss - in brushes, combs, on clothing etc.

we are both big on eating organic, gluten free, supplementing vits, filtered water/air, organic personal products, etc.

I found cyanidin B 2 - not the vitie, could be helpful. It is very difficult to find! I found apple poly supp and have been taking it regularly. Also an item called Beau-T Hair that contains a bunch of good things. I also purchased (seeking health) hydroxy b12 folinic acid.

Hope.
The type of hair loss related to an acute illness is self correcting. It does not require any treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 06:46 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
I lost way more hair from the death of my husband than I did from Covid. On top of that it went greyer, and dry. DRY! I have never had to use conditioner in my whole life. Now I have to use this stick stuff.

But it came back nice and thick, and still grows like a bad weed. All that gray hair means I don’t highlight very much on my crown, I highlight a lot more on the sides. It all has to blend in.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:40 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,673 times
I had covid in 2020. I didn't lose any hair. I agree with others that hair loss is strongly connected to chronic stress. There are many OTC vitamin supplements you can take to help regrow hair.

Protein. Lean meat, poultry and fish, avoid fatty foods.

B vitamins help a lot or just eating oat products/oatmeal

Biotin! This is a super hair vitamin.

Viviscal helps existing hair grow longer but may not do much for thickness. With longer hair you may be able to style it in ways that can hide thin spots.

IRON. This is very important.

Collagen, prevents hair shedding so the more hair you keep... As we age we produce less collagen so a supplement can guard against things like hair loss and arthritis.

Keratin is another.

Nordic Hair Volume worked great for me until they changed the formula to one that made me sick.

Hydration is important too. Stay hydrated drinking water, or fruit juices but avoid soda.

Amla, and Indian herb high in vitamin C. You can apply the herb in paste form to the scalp.

Meditation can help relieve stress. Calming down, which is hard when you're female with hair loss, is so beneficial but challenging.

I'd try all of the above before giving up.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:42 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,406,054 times
I've been losing hair for a couple of years. Weirdly, since having covid, my hair loss has slowed.

Probably coincidence.

Old 02-10-2022, 09:24 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Women, if you are female, often experience a lot of hair loss around or after menopause. Just go look at hair on old ladies. Often very thin.

Old 03-25-2022, 03:40 PM

15 posts, read 6,837 times
I had the same problem... and I've read the article which said there’s no evidence yet that coronavirus directly causes hair loss. Instead, doctors believe that the physical and emotional stress that accompanies a case of COVID-19 can lead to a reversible hair loss condition.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:02 PM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Whatever the cause of hair loss, if it doesn't seem to be growing back you can try Rogaine. I've been losing hair for years and it is working for me and it is even working to fill in my sparse and thin eyebrows. It is a commitment because you have to keep using it but it is nice to see hair coming in.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:19 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
It's likely iron gets depleted or is no longer processed properly; that would reduce hair fullness. It's never a bad idea to check for a deficiency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty