Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 11:37 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I unfortunately live in a rental apt with elderly plumbing. No mixer taps on my bathroom sink. And no way to retrofit without replacing the sink, which the landlord is reluctant to do. You learn to cope.

I understand they are not popular in the UK due to feelings that water coming from the heater is somehow dirty (rust?).
See post # 70 here.

https://travel.stackexchange.com/que...-hot-cold-taps

A bit snazzier. Ships from the UK.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132899650085

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
There is no way I am laying in my bed without taking a shower first.
Me, too, but I prefer to soak in a hot tub. It soothes tired muscles at the end of the day.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:23 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I've always had dermatologists say people should shower less and wash their hair less.

See Fewer People. Take Fewer Showers.
Some people said they started bathing less during the pandemic. As long as no one complains, they say they plan to keep the new habit.

Doctors and health experts have said that daily showers are unnecessary, and even counterproductive. Washing with soap every day can strip the skin of its natural oils and leave it feeling dry, though doctors still recommend frequent hand-washing.
The American obsession with cleaning began around the turn of the 20th century, when people began moving into cities after the Industrial Revolution, said Dr. James Hamblin, a lecturer at Yale University and the author of “Clean: The New Science of Skin and the Beauty of Doing Less.”
https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronav...rxa-story.html
It depends on the climate and the type of skin and hair. The more humid the climate and more oily the skin and hair, the more you have to clean.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:59 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
I think people who don't wash themselves daily are just lazy. I don't think there is any other excuse for it.

I bathe twice a day, morning and night.

I wash my sheets, pillows, blankets, comforter once a week.

If you are going to bed dirty, you will have to wash your sheets more often.

I don't think people realize how many mites are in bedding.

I'm glad we're not shaking hands anymore with all of the dirty people around. I bet that was one prime vector in the spread of disease.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:38 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,416,130 times
Anyone who washes less than I do is filthy. Anyone who washes more than I do is compulsively over-hygienic.

It's like "Anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac. Anyone who drives slower than me is an idiot."

And sex, anyone who does it more than me... Oh, no need to go there.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:22 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
This thread was doomed from the start and is now closed. Offensive posts have been deleted. And how the heck did this turn into a thread about residential plumbing? That discussion belongs in the House forum.

Also note that the topic of bathing frequency has been discussed previously. Duplicate topics are not permitted.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty