Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 08:14 AM

3,381 posts, read 1,979,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I don’t like her hair. I’m not a fan of gray hair, especially if it’s long.

Now if it’s silvery white with a good haircut, that’s always just just stunning.
I agree with this. That's about the only time I think grey hair looks good. The texture of grey hair isn't usually attractive so if it's kept short there's a better chance that I'd like it. It's all very personal of course. During Covid restrictions some of my friends really enjoyed the freedom from going to the salon and found that they didn't mind the trade off.

I did my hair at home during restrictions and I continue to do some of my hair care myself but when I need a touch up for highlighting (with foil) I can't replicate what the salon can do so I gladly go in and have them do it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 08:19 AM

17,550 posts, read 39,181,819 times
She is beautiful, and I love her hair. I think it is more becoming now with it lighter. The fullness and waviness keep it from looking "witchy" IMO. I do agree that the eyebrows could use some work, those look odd.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:40 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,339,085 times
Unless you have the right short haircut, it can look very matronly if the hair is grey. Most of the older women where I live have this very masculine, super short hair that makes them look like a man from behind. No thank you.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:23 PM

118 posts, read 69,319 times
During Covid I got to see my younger neighbor with her fake boobs and false eyelashes with grey hair. Not attractive on someone who had a bad facelift and platinum blonde hair. She is to young for a facelift. I live in a cowboy community.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:18 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,938,956 times
I think she looks beautiful, and kind of wild and care-free.
People are just too accustomed to seeing hair dye, bleach, botox, silicone, fillers and whatever else fake stuff is out there these days. People have forgotten what REAL humans look like. Those who are not afraid to show their age are those who seem most secure in themselves and in the love of those who love them. That, to me, is worth far more than some shallow-minded stranger's opinion.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:12 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,184,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I always thought looking like a witch was an insult.

Witches aren't just women with hairy moles, warts, big noses, hideous hair, and a green pallor. Plenty of women enjoy the idea of being 'witchy'

Synonyms for bewitching

alluring, appealing, attractive, captivating, charismatic, charming, elfin, enchanting, engaging, entrancing, fascinating, fetching, glamorous (also glamourous), luring, magnetic, seductive
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bewitching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GlHbfxtQVg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I always think of Stevie Nicks, which is a pretty good aesthetic.
totally agree, but I thought two videos would be a bit much.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:14 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post

Witches aren't just women with hairy moles, warts, big noses, hideous hair, and a green pallor. Plenty of women enjoy the idea of being 'witchy'
I always think of Stevie Nicks, which is a pretty good aesthetic.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:41 AM

[quote=DubbleT;61600411]
Synonyms for bewitching
alluring, appealing, attractive, captivating, charismatic, charming, elfin, enchanting, engaging, entrancing, fascinating, fetching, glamorous (also glamourous), luring, magnetic, seductive
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bewitching

^^^The word "bewitching" has a different meaning than "witch." Synonyms for "witch" are crone, hag, battle-ax. Those two little letters make a big difference Merriam Webster also has the definition of "mean ugly old woman" for witch. But I get what you're saying.

Last edited by rfomd129; 08-04-2021 at 09:56 AM..

Old 08-04-2021, 10:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
I got tired of the perpetual skunk trail down the middle of my head so at age 55 I went all natural - I'd been coloring my hair for so long I didn't even know what the real color was!

I was delighted and still am. It's mostly salt on top and mostly pepper on the bottom and is a mixture of white, silver, gray, brown, blonde, and red - I love it!

I have a pink wash in it right now. I love that too. I did purple but it washes out after a few washes (so does the pink). I guess I'm easily bored.

I have short, spiky hair and it is in great condition, much better than when I was always coloring it - highlights, lowlights, products here, products there, it was a constant chore. Now I only put temporary washes in it if I get bored, otherwise I just let it be its natural color and I love it either way. I'm 59 now.

I don't care what other people think. It's my hair and my responsibility and I'll do what I want with it. My husband told me I was the first and only woman he'd ever even dated with short hair. (Mine has been short for decades.) When we'd been married about 6 years I decided to try to let it grow back out and I let it grow to my shoulders. Finally I just couldn't take it anymore and lopped it all off again. My husband said delightedly, "FINALLY I got my wife back! I mean, I didn't want to tell you what to do with your hair but I sure am glad you decided to cut it short again!"

I think Andie MacDowell looks terrific. Listen, I don't care how much money a person has, and even if they look GREAT FOR THEIR AGE, their age shows. To me, Andie MacDowell looks great for her age and I love her hair. I hope I look that good when I'm 63 or however old she is (she's older than me, I believe).

I don't have many wrinkles at all - in fact, I don't really think I have ANY wrinkles on my face. But even so, my skin has thinned and I think I look like I'm in my fifties. You know what - I could dye my hair dark brown and I'd STILL look like I am in my fifties. Don't kid yourselves, folks. We look roughly our age, regardless of whether we color our hair or not. We can look GOOD but we still look roughly our age.

Take care of your skin and your body and your hair and dress in fashion (notice I didn't say "on trend"). Stay active and healthy. Take care of your teeth too while you're at it. Smile and laugh freely. Don't worry about what other people think or SAY they think. Do you.

Kudos to Andie MacDowell.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 08-04-2021 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Misspelled MacDowell - Ooops!

Old 08-04-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I got tired of the perpetual skunk trail down the middle of my head so at age 55 I went all natural - I'd been coloring my hair for so long I didn't even know what the real color was!

I was delighted and still am. It's mostly salt on top and mostly pepper on the bottom and is a mixture of white, silver, gray, brown, blonde, and red - I love it!

I have a pink wash in it right now. I love that too. I did purple but it washes out after a few washes (so does the pink). I guess I'm easily bored.

I have short, spiky hair and it is in great condition, much better than when I was always coloring it - highlights, lowlights, products here, products there, it was a constant chore. Now I only put temporary washes in it if I get bored, otherwise I just let it be its natural color and I love it either way. I'm 59 now.

[i]B]I don't care what other people think. It's my hair and my responsibility and I'll do what I want with it.[/I[/b]] My husband told me I was the first and only woman he'd ever even dated with short hair. (Mine has been short for decades.) When we'd been married about 6 years I decided to try to let it grow back out and I let it grow to my shoulders. Finally I just couldn't take it anymore and lopped it all off again. My husband said delightedly, "FINALLY I got my wife back! I mean, I didn't want to tell you what to do with your hair but I sure am glad you decided to cut it short again!"

I think Andie McDowell looks terrific. Listen, I don't care how much money a person has, and even if they look GREAT FOR THEIR AGE, their age shows. To me, Andie McDowell looks great for her age and I love her hair. I hope I look that good when I'm 63 or however old she is (she's older than me, I believe).
As the saying goes, we all have opinions, but this is the only one that counts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty