Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 06:23 PM

61,888 posts, read 87,385,514 times

Advertisements

I don't like low rise jeans. They don't flatter my silhouette. They are uncomfortable to sit in.
I am tall, slim with long, skinny legs, and high rise pants make my legs look even longer.

Low rise jeans don't look good on everyone. In fact, unless worn correctly, they look dreadful on most people. Especially those with short legs and/or full figure.
https://looksgud.com/blog/low-rise-p...gging-dangers/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 07:26 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,402,176 times
Because they aren’t comfortable and women have learned that we don’t dress for men. Men who care if we look sexy for them are red flags. Not worth the time.

I’m not a fan of high waist either. I find mid rise to be comfortable and flattering.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:03 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,598,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Because they aren’t comfortable and women have learned that we don’t dress for men. Men who care if we look sexy for them are red flags. Not worth the time.

ITA we need to dress for ourselves 1st. It’s our style. BUT…if we are in a committed relationship or marriage, it’s healthy for intimacy to make an effort to be attractive to our men, just like they need to think about it for us. If not….that’s how ppl “let themselves go” after marriage, like it’s not important anymore. Tho it doesn’t mean wearing something you don’t like ofc. IMO it’s a red flag if either person thinks it’s “not worth their time”.

Old 10-30-2021, 11:35 AM

11,164 posts, read 9,792,935 times
Definitely agree that fashion shouldn't always dictate what you wear. Wear what looks good on you. Many women tried to wear the low rise pants and they wear them too small and the muffin top looks terrible, especially when paired with a top that's short enough to let your belly skin or back muffins peek out. Just because you can button them below your belly, doesn't mean they fit. On a slim, flat bellied, tight-butt young woman they look great. On a paunchy, middle-aged woman trying to look younger, they looked quite bad.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:14 PM

696 posts, read 705,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Are you talking about the jeans that sit at your natural waist or are you talking about the jeans that sit about 2 or 3 inches above your natural waist?

To me, the only comfortable jeans sit at my natural waist.
I’m talking about the ones higher than the natural waist. I’ll wear the ones that fall at my waist, but prefer them just a little lower (not too low, though). To be honest, I generally wear khakis or hiking pants if it’s pants weather - much more comfortable! I recently moved to Arizona, so I’ve mostly been wearing shorts (yay!). I have a couple of pair of jeans, but hardly wear them.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:30 PM

17,427 posts, read 16,597,202 times
I pretty much live in shorts, capris and jeans now depending on the weather. Even at work I wear jeans, lol.

Speaking of shorts. Low waisted short shorts are the absolute worst things ever made. Plumbers crack up top, butt cheeks hanging out the bottom. I can't believe that women bought into that trend.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:33 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,564,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
As a guy, I always thought low rise jeans looked extremely sexy on women. I always have and always will hate high rise jeans, but they seem to be the trend today. Why is that? What was wrong with low rise jeans that made them go out of style?
Too much butt cracks?

Old 10-30-2021, 03:02 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,261,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
ITA we need to dress for ourselves 1st. It’s our style. BUT…if we are in a committed relationship or marriage, it’s healthy for intimacy to make an effort to be attractive to our men, just like they need to think about it for us. If not….that’s how ppl “let themselves go” after marriage, like it’s not important anymore. Tho it doesn’t mean wearing something you don’t like ofc. IMO it’s a red flag if either person thinks it’s “not worth their time”.
Gurl. You’ve been married for like months. Get back to us in a few…

Old 10-30-2021, 07:09 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,558,664 times
IMO, unless a girl/woman is very thin, low rise jeans don't do anything for their figures. A layer of fat hangs over the top. In higher rise jeans, the fat is nicely tucked in with no bulges.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:12 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
The high-waist looks better wrapped around the rounded derriere that is popular these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty