Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 01:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

The new bags I just bought are a bit larger than my others so I found this video very useful. I ordered one of the organizers she recommended. Do you use these these handbag organizers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4d3AxW3Vw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 07:18 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
I don't. I started to once but I have large handbags and none of those were tall enough to hold the items I had in the bag well enough. And I toss things in and grab out so fast sometimes it became burdensome for me. I'm pretty picky when I buy a purse. I prefer to have a center zipper pocket if possible, at least 1 outside pocket (and one strategic one because if it's not on my body, my weapon has to be readily available on the outside of my bag) and a few other pockets inside. I also want a long, comfortable shoulder strap. My last handbag I purchased a few month back actually took me 2 yrs to find. I like slouchy leather bags and they're sometimes hard to come by these days. Hobo finally had one that fit my bill.
Since I like all the pockets, I generally have no need for the organizer.

Old 11-14-2021, 11:16 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,969,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Ok, you're going to find this strange, coming from a straight dude, but here goes...

When it comes to handbags, you must decide how high of quality you are willing to have. Obviously, higher priced bags are higher quality. Designer's will NOT put their name on shoddy materials nor workmanship.

So, since you're asking about "numerous" bags, for numerous situations, the short answer is YES!

I'm glad you brought this up now, as this is the prime time to "load up" on handbags.

Here's why: BLACK FRIDAY SALES are starting. Inventory is better now than it'll be until 2022, so you have the best choices of colors/sizes right now. This, along with multi-bag incentives, it makes sense to get a few, now.

For instance: I've discovered COACH has a decent quality product, regardless of cost. (They, being reasonable, is just icing on the cake.) No, I do NOT work for COACH, nor own their stock.

It's best to buy in multiples, as you get a price break on each unit. Sure, it may be painful at first, but once you discover the options it opens up for you, you'll really appreciate having those "extra" bags.

I always recommend a "3 bag" ensemble when buying. (This is meant to add to your existing collection.)

1. A "career" bag.

2. An "everyday" bag, and

3. A "fun" bag.

Choose the colors/styles that are most appropriate for the first 2, then , the last one, go wild. Have some FUN with it. Do something totally "not you." For instance: Ferrari red as a color. (This can be used in the Corporate world as it's seen as a "power" color, too.)

Now, you may be wondering, "How would a straight dude know any of this stuff?"

Well, I was a single parent to a little girl (sole custody), who grew up to be a wonderful person. Yes, I spoiled her. She was/is a princess. Now that she has kids of her own, I continue to spoil my grandkids too!

I was exposed to so many things that other dad's just are not privy to. Obviously, I remain very involved in her life, and the lives of her children, to this day.

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted you to have some back ground, so you didn't think there were ulterior motives.

Good luck in your "hunt" for the perfect handbag!
I almost didn't read through to the end because the post seemed so "out there." I'm really glad I finished the whole post. That's a lovely relationship you've had and have with the ladies in your life.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo Princess View Post
Olive green is only versatile in certain regions.
So you really need to watch who you copy.
Also having different colors doesn’t mean that you have a bag for every occasion.
From your list you can tell that you have no clue what’s up.
I bow to your infinite wisdom since you said you have a high IQ and supermodel good looks and perfect taste in fashion. Please enlighten us, O Wise One!

Old 11-14-2021, 04:44 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I almost didn't read through to the end because the post seemed so "out there." I'm really glad I finished the whole post. That's a lovely relationship you've had and have with the ladies in your life.
Thank you so very much. It has been a joy.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:35 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I like to have different sizes and colors so I'm prepared for any occasion. What would you consider the most versatile color to buy if you already have black, dark brown, tan and cream?

Navy

Oxblood/burgundy

Olive green

or...?

Since you already have a lot of traditional neutrals….how about going with something you love, especially if your clothing is neutral? Red & yellow are versatile & go well with neutral clothing to add a pop of color. A red handbag can be used year round too….unlike some colors even tho they are neutral.^^

Old 11-15-2021, 06:11 PM

I'm done with shopping at least for now. Got a large navy and another large burgundy bag, both gorgeous leather so should last many years. Just ordered a felt handbag insert. Great deals from Poshmark.

My next task is figuring out how to store all of them. Just ordered some cubes from Amazon because I am going to rearrange one closet for my shoes, boots, bags. I will probably give some shoes to Goodwill.

Old 11-16-2021, 04:12 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
I like to have different sizes and colors so I'm prepared for any occasion. What would you consider the most versatile color to buy if you already have black, dark brown, tan and cream?

Navy

Oxblood/burgundy

Olive green

or...?
For me, red. I've had a red backpack-style purse for years. I wear a lot of black and denim, and the pop of color makes me smile. I have a pair of red shoes for the same reason.

Old 11-16-2021, 04:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

Navy

Oxblood/burgundy

Olive green

or...?
Navy's a good go-with-almost-anything color. My current go-with-anything "neutral" is dark purple. Surprising how many color schemes it goes with.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:20 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:

Navy

Oxblood/burgundy

Olive green

or...?
I'd buy a fun color. Not a silly color. Dark red? (not oxblood) Golden Rod, (I have a small body cross bag that is like a mustard yellow) Something different!

Despite my scream name (it's after a song, not Sheena Queen of the Jungle) I wear mostly neutrals and mostly black. Never florals. Muted pastels in season. I also wear olive, tan beige, navy, white (in season)

A bag that pops can be nice against a mostly neutral wardrobe. I have a Coach bag with hot pink trim, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty