Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 09:34 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times

Advertisements

This company sounds good to me Ill pass it on to my granddaughters..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 06:40 PM

19,394 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It’s a tubing mascara. It comes off with warm water and soft washcloth, it breaks apart. So instead of a black blur in the washcloth, you have little bits.

I don’t like tubing mascara. It’s a one coat type. My lashes are thinning due to age, and one coat doesn’t cut it
That's exactly the kind of mascara I have always liked but didn't know how to describe. It's funny because I learned that term from you posting it in a past thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
Thrive only sells one mascara but it is waterproof even though it doesn't say that.

I have a terrible time with mascara. Just the way my eyes are, if I use anything not waterproof I'll get "raccoon eyes" quickly where it smudges under my eye. Thrive mascara does not come off but it also doesn't have a heavy, crusty feel like most waterproof mascaras do. I have the same problem with eyeliner but Thrive's stays on the entire day.

I always shop Sephora or Ulta but these are two makeup items I don't mind buying online.
And that's what I hate, because then, if you're not at home and using makeup remover or cleanser, or in the Thrive mascara's case, just water, you have to pull on the skin to try to remove it. It's almost impossible to get all the "schmearing" off. I'd rather it flaked off or, my preference, just roll off in those little bits that Tallysmom mentioned.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:59 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,244,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Aren't they called Thrive causemetics?
I don't know about their products but their alleged contributions are shady.
A class action filed against Thrive Causematics, Inc. alleges that the charity-linked luxury cosmetics company fails to follow through with its cornerstone promise of donating one product to a woman in need for every product purchased.

Consider it, if you are buying because you want to help...

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
That's exactly the kind of mascara I have always liked but didn't know how to describe. It's funny because I learned that term from you posting it in a past thread.

And that's what I hate, because then, if you're not at home and using makeup remover or cleanser, or in the Thrive mascara's case, just water, you have to pull on the skin to try to remove it. It's almost impossible to get all the "schmearing" off. I'd rather it flaked off or, my preference, just roll off in those little bits that Tallysmom mentioned.
Loreal makes the best tubing mascara IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/LOréal-Paris.../dp/B001IAINFU

Old 01-02-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
Is it more shimmery pr brightening? Does it blend well.
I'm not really sure what they mean about the "brightening" part. It's shimmery but not extremely, I don't think. I think you could probably keep layering to make it more noticeable.

About the blending, it glides on very easily, and it just seems like it's done. I mostly use it as a liner, so I kind of gently pat it to make sure there is no extra, but I don't think you really need to. And it's so soft, you can easily blend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
So, I've received and used both my products. Eye brightener in Muna (sp?) and buildable concealer. I actually like them both alot. Application is smooth because they are creamy. The eye brightener is very nice, too, but I may have to try another color or practice with application. It might be too subtle or dark. I can't figure out which one yet. Also, I've seen people use a white something or other on the inside corner of the eye....to also brighten up the eye.....I'd like to try something like that, too, so maybe I can find the best of both worlds with one product from Thrive.
Thanks for sharing info about the mascara. I will probably try that, too.
I got the eye brightener in both Estrella (white pearl shimmer), and Betty (sky blue shimmer), and I use them more than the Muna (mauve taupe shimmer) because they show up more. I do use them to highlight the inner corner, too.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:25 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,963,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It’s a tubing mascara. It comes off with warm water and soft washcloth, it breaks apart. So instead of a black blur in the washcloth, you have little bits.

I don’t like tubing mascara. It’s a one coat type. My lashes are thinning due to age, and one coat doesn’t cut it
That's a very important distinction (the tubing part.) I tried tubing mascara and I thought it looked awful (individual lashes were far too thick to look natural and the lashes clumped together but the worst part was taking it off. It kind of crumbles off in your hand or on your washcloth and it took forever to get it all off.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I use the eye brightener in pink in inner corners of my eye and below my eyebrows. Thinking of buying other products.
That one seemed like it would be pretty, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This.

Loreal makes the best tubing mascara IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/LOréal-Paris.../dp/B001IAINFU
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think they're cruelty-free, though, and that's important to me. I swear I'm not trying to be preachy . I just wanted to thank you without actually promoting L'Oreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty