Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 12:54 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times

Advertisements

What do you like to keep in your bag/purse at all times? Other than the obvious wallet & keys...

- 2 pens
- post-it pad
- tissue
- sugnlasses
- small mirror
- hand sanitizing gel
- cell phone
- receipts from anything bought that day, I take them out when I get home
- maybe coupons for stores I may use that week
- loud noise alert (attached to keys)
- pepper gel - not in purse, but in car that I bring when going biking

Changes since COVID:

- pair of disposable gloves - ADDITION...you never know
- sanitizing hand wipes - ADDITION
- extra masks - ADDITION

- powder & lipstick - DELETION - used to pre-COVID, but I don't wear makeup anymore these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 02:41 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I rarely carry a purse. I carry my keys, which is really just my car fob, my house key and mailbox key, a small hand sanitizer, and a little pouch to hold my lip balm, all on the same key ring. Then I also have my phone which has a sleeve on the back for my drivers license, debit card, credit card, and insurance card. That's all I really need.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:10 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
During the pandemic, I have moved to a small Baggalini crossbody bag. I carry cards, a little cash, keys, phone, and little else. I keep my sunglasses, chapstick and tissues in the car.

I updated my Baggalini a few months ago. I chose a royal blue bag and its color still gives me pleasure.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:34 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Osprey Cross-body back-pack'ish thinkee (but I need and want a new purse)

wallet
phone
car keys
mask
Moleskine notebook and pen
tape measure
lip gloss
hand cream

Old 01-06-2022, 06:17 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
During the pandemic, I have moved to a small Baggalini crossbody bag. I carry cards, a little cash, keys, phone, and little else. I keep my sunglasses, chapstick and tissues in the car.

I updated my Baggalini a few months ago. I chose a royal blue bag and its color still gives me pleasure.
I have one, not large but it's perfect, got it at Marshall's or maybe TJMaxx? It's brown and searched forever for the exact one in black but no luck.

It's not a large bag but I have in the outer compartment: my vax. card, eye drops, my little Tracfone and a travel size hand lotion. Inside, small wallet, small size hand sanitizer, a pen, tissues (allergy issues here), Blistex (HATE Chapstick), keys of course.

Old 01-06-2022, 06:39 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
What do you like to keep in your bag/purse at all times? Other than the obvious wallet & keys...

- 2 pens
- post-it pad
- tissue
- sunglasses
- small mirror
- hand sanitizing gel
- cell phone

Changes since COVID:

- extra masks - ADDITION

- powder & lipstick - DELETION - used to pre-COVID, but I don't wear makeup anymore these days
More or less the same here:

-Bolded plus keys, wallet with credit cards, drivers license, health insurance card, misc. business cards, who to contact in case of emergency, small amount of cash
-nasal spray for allergies.

I don't carry gloves or wipes or extra masks.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:44 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,540,646 times
Sunscreen, lip balm, a few masks, sunglasses, reading glasses, hand sanitizer, tissues, Vaseline, hand lotion.*

And it is all miserably crowded in there and the zipper barely closes. All of my life I have been a "small purse" person but I give up and now have two lovely Vera Bradley bags in a bigger size on the way. Hey, a sale is a sale!

*Gee, with that list, all that's missing is a condom, ha ha. (There, I said it for you.)

Last edited by Seija; 01-06-2022 at 09:52 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 11:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

- 2 pens
- post-it pad
- tissue
- sugnlasses
- small mirror
- hand sanitizing gel
- cell phone

Changes since COVID:

- extra masks - ADDITION

My list is very similar - except I'm not as vigilant with taking receipts out when I get home.You rock!

My change since COVID is a flashlight that doubles as a stun gun. In the first few months of the pandemic, I was assaulted by a COVID denier at the local supermarket (this was well before vaccines were being offered to the public). My daughter is still traumatized by the attack. I am glad I haven't had to use it since I got it, but I sure feel safer knowing I can defend myself from future assaults by some lunatic.

ETA: As a lip balm addict, I never leave home without at least one tin of Perfumeria Gal or Labello.

Last edited by DontH8Me; 01-06-2022 at 11:45 PM..

Old 01-07-2022, 06:12 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
I recently switched to a very small, stylish leather backpack ("backpack" doesn't sound like the right word to describe it though) and I feel so free! I carry very little with me. I switched from a wallet to a little zippered flat, see through case. So easy to find which ever card I need and it lessens the bulk of a wallet. Hand sanitizer is in the car but I usually have a few hand wipes with me which are very light.

I'm not usually out for hours and hours so my hair and makeup doesn't need touching up so I don't carry brushes or makeup.
My car keys are on a fob that clips to my jeans and I love not searching in a purse for them!

I realized I was carrying so many things around in my purse that I rarely used and the weight was weighing heavy on my shoulders. I'll be donating more handbags and wallets to the animal rescue I volunteer with. They have a fantastic thrift shop.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:57 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
wallet (which is bigger than many purses)
Zipper pouch for gift cards.
packet of cash for needy
nasal spray
lipstick & liner
breath spray
pens
glasses
sunglasses
hand sanitizer

candy
tissues
loose change
hairpins
nail file
retractable backscratcher
checkbook
phone (when we're out and about)
facemask
pillbox
mintbox
hand lotion
comb
gun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty