Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 07:34 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sadly, it sounds as if you're easily intimidated.

Actually, probably none of that would make a woman "ugly." She might look flamboyant, or fake, or tasteless or unsophisticated. But I doubt any pretty woman, ever, was made "ugly" by false eyelashes.
I think it was meant the other way, that ugly girls try to look prettier with the addition of 'feminine embellishments'. IMO the guys are saying take away the 'kit' and underneath is a plain or even ugly girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2022, 09:29 AM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I think it was meant the other way, that ugly girls try to look prettier with the addition of 'feminine embellishments'. IMO the guys are saying take away the 'kit' and underneath is a plain or even ugly girl.
I don't think that stuff covers actual "ugly" unless prosthetics are used. Also they often end up looking worse. It's women who look normal thinking that isn't good enough, it's insecurity and social acceptance of the plastic look.

Old 08-06-2022, 09:53 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
What is the point of this post?? I have 3 out of the 4 mentioned.

Old 08-06-2022, 10:11 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
I wouldn't let random rude men determine how I wear my hair or anything else for that matter. I would've asked them if they'd all gone to the homely guy barber, or bought their clothes at Middle-aged Dads-R-Us.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:24 PM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I wouldn't let random rude men determine how I wear my hair or anything else for that matter. I would've asked them if they'd all gone to the homely guy barber, or bought their clothes at Middle-aged Dads-R-Us.
How about those gym bros with the fake tans and hair gel, or the hipster full beards that cover up who knows what. It goes both ways.

No I wouldn't let someone's comments dictate how I styled myself. I think since social media and selfies people are too self conscious about appearance.

Old 08-06-2022, 03:02 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
If it's so ugly, then why do men go gaga over blondes, long eyelashes, plumped-up lips (I mean, men seem to think Angelina Jolie is like THE epitome of "hot" women), etc.? It's kind of like how most men claim they hate women in makeup, but then almost all of the women considered "hot" in society are wearing scads of it.

Old 08-06-2022, 03:14 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Sounds like they dont care for extra frosting, which is completely understandable. But you be you.

Old 08-06-2022, 04:21 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
If it's so ugly, then why do men go gaga over blondes, long eyelashes, plumped-up lips (I mean, men seem to think Angelina Jolie is like THE epitome of "hot" women), etc.? It's kind of like how most men claim they hate women in makeup, but then almost all of the women considered "hot" in society are wearing scads of it.
I think both men and women can fall to one extreme or the other as far as preference for makeup, etc., but I think most of us fall closer to the middle. I don't believe for a minute that 'most' men go for the extreme in glam or overly feminized look.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:10 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Did you tell those guys that only someone with a pea for a brain has nothing better to do than sit around making fun of how other people look? (then hand them a mirror & laugh as you walk away)
That would be a waste of a good mirror.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:20 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sadly, it sounds as if you're easily intimidated.

Actually, probably none of that would make a woman "ugly." She might look flamboyant, or fake, or tasteless or unsophisticated. But I doubt any pretty woman, ever, was made "ugly" by false eyelashes.
That's debatable. False eyelashes didn't used to look too bad before 10 years ago but they don't look good now. Every time I see women now with false eyelashes on they always look like they have big hairy spiders stuck under their eyelids with the spider's heavy, hairy spider legs sticking out of their eyes. Uugghhh! Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty