Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 09:09 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

When I was a size 0 I took weight gain powder to get up to a size 2. It was just too hard to find business clothes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 09:12 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I was a size 0 I took weight gain powder to get up to a size 2. It was just too hard to find business clothes.
I took "Wate On" (it also came in tablets) in high school, too; I wanted a bigger bootie to fill out my jeans, LOL. As a young adult, I would drink Nutrament, buying it by the case, when I wasn't eating enough. Crazy that I'm now carrying an extra 20 pounds I can't budge. Be careful what you wish for!

Old 10-12-2022, 02:33 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I just want to know how you did it, LOL. No weight gain at menopause? Did you take HRT? What's your diet and exercise routine? Must be a nice problem to have!
Oh my. Neither I nor my sister gained weight in menopause. What is HRT??

Old 10-12-2022, 03:26 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My Mom didn't either, she is still skinny as a rail. I pretty much stay at 125 and 5'5, BUT my metabolism IS slower, I can no longer eat everything I want.... or maybe I just have more money and can therefore buy lots of food?!

/she says while removing a batch of tomatoes confit from the oven for tomorrow night's pasta
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2022, 08:06 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
HRT = "Hormone replacement therapy"

And if you and your sister didn't gain weight in menopause, you are (at least slightly) in the minority; most women do, according to my doctor. I'm only pre-menopausal at this point, and already noticing a major difference in my metabolism! When I was younger, I could just add a longer walk and/or one dietary change and POOF - the weight would come off quite easily. Now? Literally feels like nothing helps. My sister, who's a bit older than me at 48 now, went from super skinny to about 20lbs overweight in the last few years. She also has a thyroid problem, but her doctor said both are factors.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:27 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe look online for some Asian brands with a US presence? People tend to be smaller than in North America and their clothes are sized accordingly. Or if you don't have a seamstress/tailor, find one and get everything altered.
Good idea. Companies like the one below have the majority of comments saying to buy 1-2 to even 3 sizes up as all clothing is made in Asia for a smaller figure.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/c/wome...1?prm=1.1.51.0

Both of my sisters are 5' & under 100-lbs. They used to buy Guess jeans or clothing from Express, which carried small sizes, like 0-1 jeans, but I think neither exists any longer. Ann Taylor & Francesca also carry small sizes... I think AT is going out of biz, if it hasn't already.

Check this out, as well... it's a current 2022 article.

https://www.instyle.com/news/petite-friendly-stores

Good luck. My sisters have always complained about everything being too long, in particular. One lives in SoCal, so she can buy capri pants... which cover her ankles. You might have to do a bit of creative tailoring of your clothing... learning how to cut off pant legs & sew a seam were critical for both... neither like it, but tailors are $$$ & they have to do it with every pair of pants & sometimes skirts.

BTW, one sister said that boys XL shirts fit her best & very short juniors skirts come closer to her knees.

Old 10-13-2022, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
HRT = "Hormone replacement therapy."

And if you and your sister didn't gain weight in menopause, you are (at least slightly) in the minority; most women do, according to my doctor.
Definitely in the minority... Stubborn weight gain is one the top five symptoms of menopause, along with hot flashes, vaginal dryness, loss of libido, etc. A few lucky women don't experience this or any of the signs, for that matter, or at least claim not to. I'm always curious how they manage; maybe genetics; maybe just luck.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:15 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I am a size 1 Juniors. The latest (?) tread in junior jeans and pants are hip hugger bell bottoms, and baggy (Mom jeans?). NOOOO, I don't want to go back to that. Always had to wear a belt with hip huggers. No booty. Wore Platform shoes with bell bottoms because I stepped on my pants. No thank you, to all of the above. Just give me straight leg jeans or pants.

Sure, XS leggings fit me but that is all i can wear? Missy size? I would probably have to go down to a Petite 00. Great selection, never mind expense, with that. Not getting into my 32DD bra.

Any women my size and age? What do you do?
There is a bit “trashy” cheap clothing company - teenagers love it as it is very inexpensive - so they can buy more often.

You could very easily find 00 and petite more conservative styles.

You may have to go through a lot of clothing though - they have tons of things and change it often

You actually could plug-in your size and the site would advise you if it is a good fit for you.
Plenty of clear descriptions regarding fabric content- so you could select what you prefer

They have reviews- with customer’s photos - it may help in the selection

https://us.shein.com/High-Waist-Seam...real_2030~~~~0

In small font - it says ”tell me your size” - select that.

Last edited by L00k4ward; 10-13-2022 at 08:28 AM..

Old 10-13-2022, 01:59 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Definitely in the minority... Stubborn weight gain is one the top five symptoms of menopause, along with hot flashes, vaginal dryness, loss of libido, etc. A few lucky women don't experience this or any of the signs, for that matter, or at least claim not to. I'm always curious how they manage; maybe genetics; maybe just luck.
I guess that's it then. I never experienced hot flashes or any of that other stuff. Lucky me!

Old 10-13-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I guess that's it then. I never experienced hot flashes or any of that other stuff. Lucky me!
Well, good for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty