Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 02:48 PM

22,126 posts, read 13,165,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Amazon has tons of options for XS leggings
I'm a thrifty Goodwill shopper, and all I see anymore are XS leggings! Not what I'm looking for, but they're sure out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 03:43 PM

48,590 posts, read 35,062,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm a thrifty Goodwill shopper, and all I see anymore are XS leggings! Not what I'm looking for, but they're sure out there.
But the OP doesn't want to drive and search for them. I was on Amazon for leggings. I wanted cotton ones, extra wide waist band, full length... with and without fleece. Other options I could choose? 28" inseam or 25", or 3/4 length, and like 15 colors.

The OP should be able to order what she wants, no problem.

I did the same for my MIL who was like 4' something and 85 lbs. I also scoured the Jrs. section at Ross, and found stuff she liked, and then I hit the kids section and was able to find pajamas she liked, that didn't look like kids clothes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2022, 05:06 PM

18,135 posts, read 11,790,732 times
Kohl's has a Woman Petite selection.

On the side panel selections, the sizes are smallest (4) XS - extra small.
Have you bought a size 4 xs recently?

https://www.kohls.com/catalog/womens...rowse%20refine

Old 10-25-2022, 05:08 PM

48,590 posts, read 35,062,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post

She is smaller than a size 4. Petite just generally means shorter proportions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2022, 05:32 PM

24,781 posts, read 11,170,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But the OP doesn't want to drive and search for them. I was on Amazon for leggings. I wanted cotton ones, extra wide waist band, full length... with and without fleece. Other options I could choose? 28" inseam or 25", or 3/4 length, and like 15 colors.

The OP should be able to order what she wants, no problem.

I did the same for my MIL who was like 4' something and 85 lbs. I also scoured the Jrs. section at Ross, and found stuff she liked, and then I hit the kids section and was able to find pajamas she liked, that didn't look like kids clothes.
Jo is being herself:>)

Old 10-26-2022, 12:51 PM

88,853 posts, read 85,274,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post

This brought back a memory of being in a car with a friend years ago and passing the store "Just Petites". I am six feet tall, my friend is around 5' 8". She said, "Don't you feel like just throwing a rock through the window?"

Of course we are both older and more mature now and would NEVER say such a thing these days. Petite women are people, too.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:10 PM

18,135 posts, read 11,790,732 times
Macy's online has an article on Petites. I clicked on Michael Kors's page - there are size0 XS.
Ralph Loren has a size 00P.

www.macys.com/p/being-petite/petite-size-advice/

Petite Pull-On Leggings, Created for Macy's $13.65 code "FRIEND"

http://www.macys.com/shop/product/st...digo%20Heather

I called Kohl's store to ask questions. I was asked what brand, what catalog number, etc. The woman on phone says to call the local store on the back of my Kohl's card with the item information. I didn't get anywhere.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:50 PM

10,270 posts, read 6,365,039 times
Well, I will find a way. Internet shopping is your friend. lol That wasn't available when I was young, but I lived then in very populated area with a lot of malls and stores unlike now in a semi rural area.

I remember in a mall on LI decades ago there was a store called Size 3 and UNDER. Went there a lot. Teenagers gave me strange looks as a middle aged woman. Whatever.

There is also shrink it. Wash it in hot water and hot heat. Shrink it to fit. Did that recently with some XXS tops from home shopping. Worked fine. I think these "designers" have no idea what a real XXS is. lol Bought clearance XXS pj's that were huge, but they have elastic at waist and ankles so they won't fall down or step on them. Good enough for wear to BED.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:05 PM

2,111 posts, read 1,945,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I think these "designers" have no idea what a real XXS is. lol Bought clearance XXS pj's that were huge, but they have elastic at waist and ankles so they won't fall down or step on them. Good enough for wear to BED.
I think it is size inflation at least one size up. Small size now is more like Medium size 10 years ago. I have not seen any XS pj's or sweatpants in local stores. I had to add shorter elastic waistband to my pj's and sweatpants so that they don't fall down. For pants which I could not add shorter elastic waistband, I just stitched the waistband in.

I bought some sweat pants in Girls' section but did not like the fit. The waistband fits fine but the inseam is a bit short.

I am glad that I can sew and alter my clothes. Otherwise, I would have to spend a lot of time and money to find pants which fit.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:09 PM

15,170 posts, read 27,899,776 times
I buy boy's sweatpants, they tend to be a big longer. Unfortunately, the size 10 fits best but I have to get 12 so they are long enough. I luck out every once in a while w/companies that make size 10/12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty