Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 10:57 AM

11,067 posts, read 6,881,999 times

Advertisements

I recently decided to really focus on consistently using face cream and night cream, because my skin wasn't looking all that great. Never really had use face creams especially not the expensive ones, though I now wish that I had. For the past several months I've been diligent about it. I wouldn't say that I look younger, but my skin looks better and is softer. I'll be keeping up this regime since it seems to really help. I was always kind of a soap girl, nothing special. I used B7 for a while years ago. What I've been using is L'Oreal Revitalift with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen 25 during the day, and Olay Regenerist Vitamin C + Peptide 24 at night.

I'm curious as to what others use and how it's worked for them.

BTW I use the 40% off coupons I get twice a month from CVS to purchase these products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 12:24 AM

7 posts, read 5,508 times
Currently I am using:
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Daily Hydrating Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
- OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Plus Platinum Foaming Eyelid Cleanser

Dealing with allergies lately and these two work great for me.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:14 AM

2,224 posts, read 1,327,980 times
I had tried L'Oreal Revitalift spf 25. It's too oily for me.

Just bought Olay Regenerist Vitamin C + Peptide 24 yesterday at our local Costco, on the same day your posted the above. What a coincidence!
The $11-off offer is valid till end of December.

Old 12-07-2022, 05:27 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I have been using DHC pore milk moisturizer. I have an oily T-zone, and this noticeably helps keep the oil down, while being very mild. There’s a trifecta, but I didn’t like the smell of the cleanser, so I just use the toner and moisturizer.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:44 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I'm in my mid-40s, and I still have really oily skin. A lot of the products for "aging" skin are for super dry skin, which is not my problem. In the morning I use a hyaluronic acid serum with a niacinamide serum, then a CC cream with moisturizer built in. In the evening, right now I'm using a Cosrx snail mucin serum followed by regular Cerave PM moisturizer.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:51 AM

Thanks all, good information. I'm thinking I will switch to a hyaluronic acid serum as well when the next CVS coupon arrives via text. I agree that the Revitalift is a bit oily but doesn't bother me too much. I think I'm allergic to it though, because it seems to have created dry scaly patches next to my nostrils and between my eyebrows. I have a brand new jar and I will probably gift it to someone. The Regenerist I really like, it's kind of tingly when first applied, and isn't too greasy. I used to have extremely oily skin which has worked to my advantage while aging. Now it's dry but not overly so.

Interesting about the snail mucin serum. Just one more interesting tidbit amongst many learned on C-D!! I'll check that out and the other suggestions as well.

Old 12-07-2022, 09:33 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times
I am in my seventies and used retin a way back at rx strength. I used the little make up remover cloths (different brands) when needed but not much other than that.

The one thing I regret the most is that I quit wearing foundation a few years ago and it contained a good sunscreen. I began to see changes in my skin soon after.

Old 12-07-2022, 02:20 PM

I have started using eyelid wipes almost daily to relieve my dry eyes.
"Eyelid wipes are used to thoroughly clean the eyelashes and eyelid margin. There is a build up of biofilm along the eyelid margin and it’s made up of bacteria, mites, accumulated debris and dead skin cells. It’s similar to plaque on the teeth."
https://mydryeye.ca/which-ointments-...-should-i-use/

Systane Eyelid Wipes, 3 x 32 wipes = C$16
https://savemoneyinwinnipeg.com/wp-c...3-600x800.jpeg

............ .............

Just found out two days ago that "Olay Vit C+Peptide24" also comes in a serum bottle.
When applied to the face, it does not have that sharp tinging sensation. Best of all, it does not feel sticky as the creamy version.

"L'Oreal Revitalift 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Serum" seems to be very popular. Every time there was a promotion at our local Costco, they were all gone by the time I got there. I bought one at the drugmart, a bit pricey so I use it sparingly.

Attached Thumbnails
Facial Moisturizers-olay_vit-c_cream-syrum_20221205.jpg  

Old 12-07-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
I have started using eyelid wipes almost daily to relieve my dry eyes.
"Eyelid wipes are used to thoroughly clean the eyelashes and eyelid margin. There is a build up of biofilm along the eyelid margin and it’s made up of bacteria, mites, accumulated debris and dead skin cells. It’s similar to plaque on the teeth."
https://mydryeye.ca/which-ointments-...-should-i-use/

Systane Eyelid Wipes, 3 x 32 wipes = C$16
https://savemoneyinwinnipeg.com/wp-c...3-600x800.jpeg

............ .............

Just found out two days ago that "Olay Vit C+Peptide24" also comes in a serum bottle.
When applied to the face, it does not have that sharp tinging sensation. Best of all, it does not feel sticky as the creamy version.

"L'Oreal Revitalift 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Serum" seems to be very popular. Every time there was a promotion at our local Costco, they were all gone by the time I got there. I bought one at the drugmart, a bit pricey so I use it sparingly.

Yes, that's the one I almost bought this past time, and wish I had. Next on the list! Either brand will do, I suppose.

See if you can get the CVS 40% off coupons. You join CVS Extra Care and the coupons can be used in store or online. The only time I ordered online was when they didn't have what I wanted in the store (had to pay the shipping price, but it was worth it in that instance).

I'm wondering if the eyelid wipes will help my eyes. For the past several months it feels like I have something in my eyes, especially the right one. Really need to see an eye doctor about it, I think. But while waiting for the appointment the wipes might help. I have dust mites in my bedroom (it's an old house). I've never dealt with them before, they are so frustrating. I was diagnosed with dust mites on my scalp a few months ago so it's very possible they are hanging out in my eyelashes as well. Ugh. Barf.

Old 12-07-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Yes, that's the one I almost bought this past time, and wish I had. Next on the list! Either brand will do, I suppose.

See if you can get the CVS 40% off coupons. You join CVS Extra Care and the coupons can be used in store or online. The only time I ordered online was when they didn't have what I wanted in the store (had to pay the shipping price, but it was worth it in that instance).

I'm wondering if the eyelid wipes will help my eyes. For the past several months it feels like I have something in my eyes, especially the right one. Really need to see an eye doctor about it, I think. But while waiting for the appointment the wipes might help. I have dust mites in my bedroom (it's an old house). I've never dealt with them before, they are so frustrating. I was diagnosed with dust mites on my scalp a few months ago so it's very possible they are hanging out in my eyelashes as well. Ugh. Barf.
Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks.
That explains why the eye doctor relies on his assistant in vicariously examining the patients' eyes.

The eye lid wipe does a great job getting rid of that gritty feel in the eyes, and keep my eyes hydrated for hours. After wiping my eye lids, I proceed using the wipe to scrub my forehead, nose and chin before rinsing off my face with tap water. It works out to be 16 cents per sheet, so it is worth it imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty