Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 09:55 AM

6,899 posts, read 4,914,965 times

Advertisements

He just looks like a physically fit guy in his mid to late 40s. Plenty of them at the gym. He doesn't look younger than his years now. Maybe he will still look 48 when he's 58, tho. Only time will tell. It's not hurting anyone else so if it makes him happy, let him have at it. I wonder what the doctors really think of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 09:57 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,888,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What a fun life. I follow Tom Brady and Lebron James both who have very rigorous training schedules and diet regimes. It seems way over the top but at least they are famous athletes making millions a year and they both have extended their careers beyond what others have done in the past. Meaning they both have something to show for all this extra work besides being in shape.

This guy in the story does not. Sounds like a tortured life. And he can still get a disease that shortens his life or get hit by a bus. No guarantees in life. Might as well enjoy it within reason.
Who says he isn't? To you it might sound tortured but to him it must sound eminently reasonable and doable.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:09 AM

7,151 posts, read 12,702,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Jim Fixx, credited with ushering in the fitness revolution of the 1970s and 1980s with his advocacy of running (The Complete Book of Running - a bestseller) died of a heart attack at the age of 52.

While running.

I think that's called irony.
Yep--Fixx ran and popularized jogging. But he never altered his crummy diet which led to his heart condition. He died with a low-body fat body. But his arteries were clogged.

Proves you can't out-fun your fork!

Old 01-29-2023, 08:18 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,480,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Jim Fixx, credited with ushering in the fitness revolution of the 1970s and 1980s with his advocacy of running (The Complete Book of Running - a bestseller) died of a heart attack at the age of 52.

While running.

I think that's called irony.
That isn't a common end for someone with a healthy lifestyle. Many consider Jack LaLanne to be the earliest fitness and nutrition guru. He was born in 1914 and lived a long and healthy life, dying at the age of 96 1/2 years old, after a lifetime of practicing what he preached, much of it here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

"Fellow bodybuilder and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger credited LaLanne with taking exercise out of the gymnasium and into living rooms."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fitness-g...nne-dies-at-96

Old 01-29-2023, 08:42 PM

29,530 posts, read 22,744,755 times
He looks like a freak.

Old 01-30-2023, 08:56 AM

405 posts, read 223,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
He looks like a freak.
He does. That's because he is trying hard to create the illusion that he looks young - by dyeing his hair, facials, etc...Not natural.
I wonder if he is married.
It would be hard to live with him as he will not tolerate a partner who wants to watch a movie, read book, eat meat 8) for God's sake! instead of "running the wheel" at the gym and going to doctor's and Xray, MRI appointments.
Poor children - he is probably pushing down their throats his healthy vegetarian diet...

Old 01-30-2023, 09:03 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,330,739 times
I like the look of his real 45 than the transformed looks. in the real 45 yr old pic, he looked handsome, masculine, mature and like a real man. Nowadays, many males hate this "real man" term because they find it's offensive when they want to be like women. I'm not sexist, not opposing men/guys wanting to be women; but I still believe that real men and women have their own distinguished characters and looks. In the transformed pics, he looks weird, like AI or alien (with smooth face, no wrinkles, but still looks old).

Yeah, he's mart. He invented and contributed a lot to technology. He made good money and has lots of money to burn. He can spend how much he likes and use himself to do the experiments. But no matter what, I see he still looks old, totally does not look like 18 or 20 yr old at all. Just looks weir to me.

I work in a care centre, I saw this man with no wrinkles on he face at all (I was amazed how he did not have wrinkles even he did not use any cream at all), but he still looked like 80+ years old to me.

Many people are so obsessed with looking young and dreaming to be 18, 20 again when they are in the 40, 50... 80, but the fact is their true age and body still show they are old. Only things can help people to be strong and healthy are having good diet, exercises regularly and trying to think about good and positive things.

Last edited by AnOrdinaryCitizen; 01-30-2023 at 09:16 AM..

Old 01-30-2023, 09:08 AM

6,382 posts, read 2,929,459 times
I've got bad news for him: he's still going to get old and die. Might as well have a doughnut buddy!

Old 01-30-2023, 10:29 AM

7,151 posts, read 12,702,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
That isn't a common end for someone with a healthy lifestyle. Many consider Jack LaLanne to be the earliest fitness and nutrition guru. He was born in 1914 and lived a long and healthy life, dying at the age of 96 1/2 years old, after a lifetime of practicing what he preached, much of it here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

"Fellow bodybuilder and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger credited LaLanne with taking exercise out of the gymnasium and into living rooms."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fitness-g...nne-dies-at-96
Jim Fixx didn't have a healthy life style--sure he ran, but read this:

Ken Cooper and Nathan Pritikin Criticized Fixx’s Diet

"I had dinner with Jim Fixx several times when we spoke at running clinics together, and he usually ordered a steak. Dr. Kenneth Cooper, exercise physiologist and aerobics pioneer, reviewed Fixx’s medical records two years after his death and concluded that:

• Fixx had a horrible family history of early heart disease. His father had a heart attack at age 35 and died of one at age 43.
• Fixx had been a heavy smoker and was under stress from a second divorce.
• Even though he had lost 70 pounds, he did not have a healthful diet.

Nathan Pritikin wrote in his book Diet for Runners, “Jim Fixx phoned me and criticized me for writing that many runners on the average American diet have died and will continue to drop dead during or shortly after long-distance events or training sessions. Jim thought the chapter was hysterical in tone and would frighten a lot of runners. I told him that was my intention. I hoped it would frighten them into changing their diets. I explained that I think it is better to be hysterical before someone dies than after. Too many men, I told Jim, had already died because they believed Dr. Bassler when he said that anyone who could run a marathon in under four hours and who was a nonsmoker had immunity from having a heart attack. Six months later, a passing motorcyclist discovered a man lying dead beside a road in northern Vermont. He was clad only in shorts and running shoes. The man was Jim Fixx.”

https://www.drmirkin.com/histories-a...ning-guru.html

Old 01-30-2023, 11:57 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,106,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post

It looks like his extreme self-centered lifestyle is his coping mechanism with depression and suicidal thoughts prior to this new “blueprint” life of his…

He says he wants to show how mankind could improve itself and solve social problems just by eating, sleeping right and exercise - which is another sign of his delusions......
Those were my thoughts too. There isn't a problem with his body, his problems are all in his head. Strange man. Something is very unhappy and wrong in the head with the guy and it seems his self-centeredness would cause him to be lonely. He has the money to cope with his mental problems the only way he can think of to do. But what he's doing isn't going to solve his or anyone else's social problems. I feel a little bit sorry for the guy but he's so fixated on himself and on reversing aging in himself I wouldn't want to associate with him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty