Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:06 PM

16 posts, read 31,922 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone out there (esp. over 50) who has had fat removed from under the chin (on neck)?
I was told by a plastic sureon that I have good muscle tone and would benefit from the lipo (and that a neck lift is not needed at this time).
I would like details on the experience and the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,474,305 times
I'm curious about this also.

Bump.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 6,521 times
I've no idea frot that too

Old 09-16-2010, 05:07 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
Don't do it!

Of course the guy selling you the job is going to talk you into it....

Do you workout, not smoke/drink and watch what you eat? If not, try that first. There are so many things that will go right with that option and so many things that can go wrong with plastic work. Try strivectin neck cream too. That tightens up skin.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:16 PM

8 posts, read 12,055 times
I agree with pitt_transplant. There are so many risks with plastic surgery that it's best to practice a little due diligence and look into other non-surgical options first. I do some work with StriVectin so I encourage you to try the Neck Cream as well as some of the other clinically proven products. I've been using the StriVectin-SD for wrinkles and stretch marks for about 4 weeks now and my skin looks and feels better already! Now is even a great time to try out StriVectin since you can sign up to receive a free sample on their website Meet the Insiders (http://www.strivectin.com/vipsweeps - broken link). Good luck!

Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
There are risks to any surgery but also know this...there is no amount of eating right, exercise or neck creams that are going to change the contours of your neck. None. If there is excess fat there it can only be removed via lipo. If you decide to pursue that path make sure your find a surgeon who is board certified and well experienced in the procedure. Don't jump on the first person who suggests it.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,558,304 times
I know someone who did. She looks great!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,222,276 times
I would do it if I had the money. The lose skin in the chin/neck area is annoying when you look at it.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:40 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If there is excess fat there it can only be removed via lipo.

Exercise,diet will help the elasticity of your skin. I asked a question. Hardly jumping all over anyone. To get the best out of any plastic surgery you should have that as your pre and post life anyway. And here is the rub with lipo. When you do lipo you are sucking out fat cells that you are feeding with extra calories that you don't need. If the neck cells are gone, its going to go somewhere else. That could be your face, butt, arms etc. And then if its done with poor planning you can have an unnatural imbalanced look.

Still waiting to see if the op tried all the other things first.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 PM

16 posts, read 31,922 times
Thanks all for replies. True, I could loose some pounds. I want to loose some weight to see if that helps first. The surgeon that I talked with is Board certified. I have been researching--I definitely will not do anything rash. I am interested in cosmetic info...
I also am interested in the filler--juvederm (for lines near the mouth)...does anybody have experience with this? I know juvederm is something that has to be repeated after a year or so...
So-what is a good cream? LOL
I have read that juvederm is hyaluronic acid-- which is natural...
what is a good cream with hyaluronic acid?
I got a couple of creams at the complimentary doctor visit--
they were expensive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty