Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

/
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
Thanks for showing/sharing your pics. You look very beautiful and *natural.

I did not mean turn uglier through Botox. I meant some other methods that some people used; and they dreamt to be beautiful, but they turned out ugly.

About Botox, I was worrying if I start to use it, and when I stop, don't feel like to use it anymore for some reason such as feeling tired of going to appointments, will my face turn wrinkly and old fast? I disliked to go to see doctors because most of the time I had to wait for a long time even I booked ahead for those appointments. I feel tired of sitting and waiting in the clinics.

Anyway, I may try. If or when I use it, I'll share the result.
Well, in my case, I don't plan to stop.

If my face begins to fall and sag, I will have a mini-lift. My life, my face.

This is my version of "growing older with grace". Others are free to do as they wish. Avoid Botox, grow out the grey, let ten more pounds creep up every year. Enjoy their laugh lines, and sunlines, and the good limes they remind you of.

I get it! For some, getting older is a time to just relax, eat and drink what you want, and spend your money on grandchildren, instead of themselves.

I have self-sufficient adult children who are not married yet. They don't seem like they are about to settle down, much less have kids of their own.

Just do what makes YOU happy.

Last edited by sheena12; 02-18-2023 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2023, 04:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That's also called BRF:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...resting%20face

Mrs. NBP has it. It's a constant struggle now that we're both retired for me to figure out what's going on.
Lol! I would've repped you but I can't.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:29 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Yes. I've been doing Botox all over my face for years. Love it

Old 02-20-2023, 02:43 PM

402 posts, read 276,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You won't turn uglier through Botox, I promise you. The effects go away after a few months if you don't like it. You are talking about facelifts who make you look really weird and it stays like that. Botox will not do that to you.

If you use too much on your forehead it will feel like you have a brick on your forehead, you have to be careful. That feeling will go away after a few weeks.

But for the two wrinkles in the middle you do not need much botox and you can stretch it out to 4-5 months. So this is 2x per year about $200 if you use Groupons, I think. Totally worth it.

Some advertise here with $10/unit as a special deal but you can probably find it even cheaper on Groupon. I think you need about 20-30 units for those two wrinkles if I remember correctly.

Try it once and report back. It is a life changer.

Click on my pictures - does my forehead look unnatural?
From what I "heard" I would not try using coupons for botox. I adore groupon, but not for my face lol. Plus, alot of places water down their botox. I have been getting it for only 1 year. I am 40, but I don't look my age and people still think I am early to mid 30s. I literally have one small slight line on my forhead that annoys the hell out of me, and since I know it's there, I get botox there and a little around my eyes. I do it 2x a year, it's subtle. My husband hates that I am "getting a shot in my head." Well, not his face lol.

Old 02-20-2023, 06:03 PM

13,444 posts, read 372,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I got the 11s from working in offices with over head fluorescent lighting for decades. My blue eyes are light sensitive so I was squinting a lot.
If you can afford botox why not got for it? Save the 11s for your old age. lol
I been going to say mine are always worse after being out in the sun, driving into the sun, and my eyes are sensitive to indoor lights as well, always looking for a dimmer switch lol.
Recently had hospital stay, always asked the nurses to dim the lights!…please.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:40 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post

About Botox, I was worrying if I start to use it, and when I stop, don't feel like to use it anymore for some reason such as feeling tired of going to appointments, will my face turn wrinkly and old fast? I disliked to go to see doctors because most of the time I had to wait for a long time even I booked ahead for those appointments. I feel tired of sitting and waiting in the clinics.

Anyway, I may try. If or when I use it, I'll share the result.
When you stop it will just go back to the way it was before.

You go to a dermatologist for Botox, they usually don't let you wait long and it is not a facility where you hang around sick people. They are bright and happy places - every "patient" is there to enhance their looks in one way or another. I think they call it "Spa."

Old 02-21-2023, 02:30 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
When you stop it will just go back to the way it was before.

You go to a dermatologist for Botox, they usually don't let you wait long and it is not a facility where you hang around sick people. They are bright and happy places - every "patient" is there to enhance their looks in one way or another. I think they call it "Spa."
Exactly! I have fun, make a day of it, have lunch out and a glass of wine. There is nothing dismal about a Med Spa.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:37 AM

5,010 posts, read 592,542 times
Thanks for all the responses.

Botox seems to be the answer for me.

Goodbye bitchy resting face

Old 02-22-2023, 09:31 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Thanks for all the responses.

Botox seems to be the answer for me.

Goodbye bitchy resting face
please come back and tell us how you like it.

Old 02-22-2023, 10:56 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That's also called BRF:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...resting%20face

Mrs. NBP has it. It's a constant struggle now that we're both retired for me to figure out what's going on.
I totally have this. It's good and bad lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty