Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 11:33 AM

5,010 posts, read 591,763 times

Advertisements

I struggle with the 2 vertical lines that form above the nose and between the eyebrows...commonly called
the 11's.

They are evident in my resting facial expression, and I believe they affect the way people perceive me. People think I'm angry, tired, sad, or worried, even when I feel perfectly fine and I'm well-rested.

I've read that it's one of the most common Botox procedures. I feel ready to take that step because even when I smile, my face is communicating something entirely different.

https://facial-injections.com/wp-con...-1-300x297.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 11:45 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
makes sense, is there a question?

Old 02-16-2023, 11:48 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
My daughter uses botox for this same issue. She says it's her "secret weapon" at work since even when she's angry at someone her face doesn't really show it so people think she's always calm and collected.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
makes sense, is there a question?
Yes.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue?

Old 02-16-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Yes.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue?
I do. Well, I did.

I had that frown line since I was a teenager.

Then in my 30's people walked by my office, came in and asked if everything is okay. Uhm, sure ... they said because I look worried or angry. So I put a smiley face on a post it and put it on my computer screen to keep reminding myself to smile more.

Then I had a bf who picked fights with me because he kept thinking I am disapproving of things he is saying. I was not - it just looked that way because of my angry frown line

I started with botox. Best decision ever.
So in short - I had a bitchy resting face. Now I have a neutral resting face.

Old 02-16-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I do. Well, I did.

I had that frown line since I was a teenager.

Then in my 30's people walked by my office, came in and asked if everything is okay. Uhm, sure ... they said because I look worried or angry. So I put a smiley face on a post it and put it on my computer screen to keep reminding myself to smile more.

Then I had a bf who picked fights with me because he kept thinking I am disapproving of things he is saying. I was not - it just looked that way because of my angry frown line

I started with botox. Best decision ever.
So in short - I had a bitchy resting face. Now I have a neutral resting face.
Love that story

Old 02-16-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Love that story
Been botoxing for almost 10 years now. I am very conservative with it, not too much (the whole forehead) and about every 4 months. There are different options, botox, dysport and I think a few more. Some are a little cheaper and don't last as long, you need to figure out which one you prefer. For me, they all work the same.

They say the wrinkles aren't as deep anymore after a few years of botox because you don't use that muscle anymore and it goes back naturally. No idea if that is true.

I go to different places and generally use Groupons.

Old 02-16-2023, 05:28 PM

1,063 posts, read 907,865 times
1. botox works.
2. facial exercise works.
3. 2 is cheaper.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:32 PM

7,522 posts, read 3,236,257 times
I'm Botox curious too.

One tip is to use concealer on both the 11's and the Marionette lines. I learned that from an actress with a youtube channel that does her own makeup a lot.

She uses a couple different concealers depending on the area of the face and sometimes layers 2-3 concealers. She also gets Botox and has done Fraxel.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:26 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,322,407 times
Thanks to OP, oh-eve and everyone for sharing your stories and experiences about the frown lines and Botox.

I have the 11's too. Don't know when they started. LOL. Then I got some comments "are you okay?" in the office, similar to oh-eve had gotten.

I know I'm serious with my work and really focus when I'm working, but I was/am not mad or anything. I used to not to care much about "looks" because I thought I looked nice enough. I always thought “the inner beauty is more important than the outer beauty”. But now, when look into the mirror, I don't like my look with the 11's. I’m thinking I might want to try Botox. I want to look calm, gentle and graceful, not mad (even when I'm not mad, or even when I'm smiling).

I’m still worrying about the side effects in the long term. I’m still skeptical and scared though because I saw cases that some people wanted to look more beautiful and spent so much money, and later they turned out uglier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty