Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 11:19 AM

36,416 posts, read 16,024,816 times

Advertisements

I really like the look. A lot! Tempted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 11:06 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
I just returned from New York, where I visited two of my oldest friends - we have known each other for 44 years. Part of the visit was to attend Joey Ramone's annual Birthday Bash at the Bowery Electric. Sadly, Joey died of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma at only 49. His family formed a foundation to raise money for this and similar types of cancers. In addition, one of my sisters is battling Multiple myeloma right now.

When I first saw my friends, they said I looked "fantastic" and "very refreshed."

After the show, there was a party, and one of my friends whispered, "Did you have a mini-facelift?" This was funny because I only had a minor lip procedure that cost $40. It's still not two weeks, yet I see improvement each day. My friends are visiting me in Ohio in two weeks to have their "lip flips" They are a fraction of the cost in my part of Ohio and want to use my practitioner.

I see no downside to this procedure. My lips look the way they did ten years ago. Like MY lips, not someone else's.

(message to the person who sent a poison rep point - I will be reporting this to a moderator)

Please understand that I don't care if others never want any cosmetic enhancement. I never tell anyone else what to do with their faces. I'm not a "Grow Out the Grey" fan, but some women are delighted with that choice.
Why don't women STOP telling others how to age?

"Growing Old Gracefully" may mean something different to different women. To me, it means slowly, very slowly.

I posted this for others interested in this relatively new procedure geared toward women of a certain age.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:02 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I just returned from New York, where I visited two of my oldest friends - we have known each other for 44 years. Part of the visit was to attend Joey Ramone's annual Birthday Bash at the Bowery Electric. Sadly, Joey died of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma at only 49. His family formed a foundation to raise money for this and similar types of cancers. In addition, one of my sisters is battling Multiple myeloma right now.

When I first saw my friends, they said I looked "fantastic" and "very refreshed."

After the show, there was a party, and one of my friends whispered, "Did you have a mini-facelift?" This was funny because I only had a minor lip procedure that cost $40. It's still not two weeks, yet I see improvement each day. My friends are visiting me in Ohio in two weeks to have their "lip flips" They are a fraction of the cost in my part of Ohio and want to use my practitioner.

I see no downside to this procedure. My lips look the way they did ten years ago. Like MY lips, not someone else's.

(message to the person who sent a poison rep point - I will be reporting this to a moderator)

Please understand that I don't care if others never want any cosmetic enhancement. I never tell anyone else what to do with their faces. I'm not a "Grow Out the Grey" fan, but some women are delighted with that choice.
Why don't women STOP telling others how to age?

"Growing Old Gracefully" may mean something different to different women. To me, it means slowly, very slowly.

I posted this for others interested in this relatively new procedure geared toward women of a certain age.
So this only cost $40? Did I read that correctly? Sounds tempting! I am always a scaredy-cat when it comes to stuff like this but I like the sound of it! And basically, like you, never wanted the weird "full lips" that I never had anyway, would just like a younger version of my own lips.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:53 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
So this only cost $40? Did I read that correctly? Sounds tempting! I am always a scaredy-cat when it comes to stuff like this but I like the sound of it! And basically, like you, never wanted the weird "full lips" that I never had anyway, would just like a younger version of my own lips.
YES! Well at least in Ohio. It tempted me, and if you don't love it (which I think you will) it wears off. No pain like those bulbous lip filler injections.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:59 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,865,758 times
Good for you Sheena! That sounds amazing, and glad it's worked well for you. Thanks for the tip. I would love to have this done because I've been a "straw" person my whole life and would love to get rid of those lines. Hopefully in my area the procedure will be as inexpensive as it is where you are.

Old 05-26-2023, 05:14 PM

1,462 posts, read 659,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have posted that I have no interest at all in lip enlargement. I love the shape of my bow lips. It's delicate and refined. Lip filler is very popular with the 18 to 40 crowd. I understand that very full lips are in style now. I have seen good lip enlargements and freakishly large lip enlargements. In every case, the bow of the lip, if there was one to begin, vanishes, replaced by a thick, oval pair of lips. My 32-year-old niece has lip filler regularly, but when this last treatment wears off, she is switching to a Lip Flip.

My lips have become thinner with time. Lipstick almost makes it worse. So I usually wear a lightly tinted gloss. I miss actual lipstick, and I miss my old lips.

Last night, I read about the lip flip. So many women over 40 are choosing a lip flip over lip filler. It's not painful; you retain your bow lips - they are larger and even more defined. The fine lines frequently referred to as "smoker's lines" are less noticeable and sometimes vanish; it is done with Botox or Dysport. (different brands of the same thing)

My practitioner told me that the results would not be noticeable for at least a week. But, in my case, they are visible this morning! Less than 24 hrs after I had my first lip flip.

Here is what I see so far -

1. A slightly larger upper lip with a defined bow. It was so much easier to apply lipstick afterward.

2. The "Smokers Lines," caused by drinking through a straw to avoid staining my teeth, are going away! I always hated those because I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.

3. Softening of the nasolabial folds! This was not advertised anywhere. A friend and my husband noticed it. Since the literature doesn't promise it, I guess this doesn't happen to everyone. My whole face looks younger in general!

4. Prices for cosmetic enhancements are very inexpensive in my part of Ohio; this fast and painless procedure may cost more where you live. Last night I read that they cost between $50 and $200. Mince cost a mear $40!

I don't post photos of myself on City Data. I have a link I will post with more information about the procedure and lips that look very similar to mine, both before and after.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/beau...otox-lip-flip/
So kind of you to share this lip info Sheena. It really does sound like the perfect choice for tweaking what nature has given you.
Glad you had such great results and at such a bargain price!

Old 05-29-2023, 08:34 AM

1,462 posts, read 659,078 times
BTW, now that I have you all here....

Has anyone found a neutral lipstick dupe for the Kardashian nude lip that doesn't end up making you look like Dracula's Bride? It's really tough for us medium olive skinned woman. The hunt has led to a drawer full of lipsticks. (from Target, Walmart, pharmacies but still it adds up) I see the perfect color on JLo, jessica alba etc.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:18 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,680,587 times
I just checked out the website. I like this much better than the fish-lip fad.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:56 AM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
$44-66 in Texas. But it's advertised as an illusion that needs to be repeated every 3-4 months.
One of the cons listed is that a lip flip can negatively impact your lip functions and change the way you speak in some instances.
The muscles around your lip may relax too much. You may drool, have difficulty drinking and struggle to speak if Botox injections are too close to your mouth. This may last until the Botox wears off.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...22362-lip-flip

Old 05-31-2023, 11:54 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,417,031 times
Good for you!! I'll stick to injections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty