Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 10:07 AM

522 posts, read 343,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
We are not our grandfather's generation. Take a chance and have fun. I'm in my 30s and still into current trends. The 90s grunge look is the move now and I shop at places like Abercrombie, Tommy Hilfiger, Asos, Hollister, etc. As long as you're in shape, you can rock anything and look good.
Are ripped jeans part of the grunge look? I have thought about buying a pair of those. Thought they would mesh well with an updated hairstyle and earrings.

I have an outlet mall nearby with some of those stores. I should check them out.

Quote:
And yes, get those earrings. Studs and small hoops add a sexiness and grit to your look when you're fit. Girls love it.
I recently lost some weight over the past 6 months and am in better shape as I have been working out consistently. Thought I would celebrate with getting my ears pierced. I've gone back and forth on this for years, but think I'm ready to finally take the plunge. I was a bit concerned about how they would affect dating prospects but I don't think my current bland look is doing me any favors in that department anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
It's a great idea, all at once, but don't overdo it. Wait on the earrings. Go for the pedicure, H/C and clothes. Have someone, like a friend or the sales person to help you, to figure out what looks good for your build, shape, hair color etc.

The pedicure will give you a great boost in confidence.
That sounds like a good idea to wait on the earrings, at least until I'm 100% sure. If I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.

There is a locally owned men's clothing store in town. Perhaps I can go there and get some advice. I definitely need some outside feedback because my fashion intuition is not all that great.

I am looking forward to trying the pedicure and that's good to know it will be a confident boost. Should I go with a clear coat if asked? I would not do colored polish but might be open to that.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:23 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
Are ripped jeans part of the grunge look? I have thought about buying a pair of those. Thought they would mesh well with an updated hairstyle and earrings.
Always. Ripped jeans are timeless and go great with most looks.

Quote:
I recently lost some weight over the past 6 months and am in better shape as I have been working out consistently. Thought I would celebrate with getting my ears pierced. I've gone back and forth on this for years, but think I'm ready to finally take the plunge. I was a bit concerned about how they would affect dating prospects but I don't think my current bland look is doing me any favors in that department anyway.

You should absolutely get them. You can always take them out if you don't like it. Another thing I suggest is youtubing "fashion look book for guys 2023". You can get inspiration from younger guys about what's in scene now and slowly piece together your wardrobe. They do a great job.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:25 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Quote:
That sounds like a good idea to wait on the earrings, at least until I'm 100% sure. If I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.

There is a locally owned men's clothing store in town. Perhaps I can go there and get some advice. I definitely need some outside feedback because my fashion intuition is not all that great.

I am looking forward to trying the pedicure and that's good to know it will be a confident boost. Should I go with a clear coat if asked? I would not do colored polish but might be open to that.
No polish just nice and cut and buffed!

Old 05-23-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Those sandals ain't it anymore. This is what's current.
Are those Birkenstocks? Trying to figure out which ones are in the first pic.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Always. Ripped jeans are timeless and go great with most looks.
Awesome. Call me crazy but I would honestly feel more comfortable in those than dress pants tbh.

Quote:
You should absolutely get them. You can always take them out if you don't like it.
It's worth a try. Any suggestions as far as studs go? I was thinking 3 or 4mm, either silver or black or maybe even diamond. Would like to try hoops eventually but studs to start with.

Quote:
Another thing I suggest is youtubing "fashion look book for guys 2023". You can get inspiration from younger guys about what's in scene now and slowly piece together your wardrobe. They do a great job.
I will take a look. Thanks for the idea.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
No polish just nice and cut and buffed!
That works for me!

Old 05-23-2023, 11:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Do the earring thing.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:21 AM

2,037 posts, read 992,671 times
Quote:
Are those Birkenstocks? Trying to figure out which ones are in the first pic.
They are, and the idea that they are au courant is laughable. They are popular with the boho crowd and there's nothing wrong with that but the sandals go back to 1966 in the US.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:44 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
This looks interesting for a 10 minute change. The doctor is located in both NYC and Beverly Hills. Not that you would need it, but for a polishing touch and a vacation where you come back really refreshed, you might consider this. We had a guy in our tech department that now works in NYC and came to visit and looked like himself but absolutely astonishingly polished. I suspected this procedure. He had the buzz going on in our organization when he showed up.

https://maleplasticsurgerynewyork.co...keover-in-nyc/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty