Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 10:42 AM

36,417 posts, read 16,024,816 times

Advertisements

I have progressive lenses. They are expensive. Yes glasses need to be fitted to find the right frame. I'm not a candidate for Lasix, not a candidate for contacts. Bummer, I need a new exam but my fav optometrist retired. I'd love to try Warby Parker, but need an I phone for the virtual try on and getting 5 frames to try on at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2023, 01:57 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I have progressive lenses. They are expensive. Yes glasses need to be fitted to find the right frame. I'm not a candidate for Lasix, not a candidate for contacts. Bummer, I need a new exam but my fav optometrist retired. I'd love to try Warby Parker, but need an I phone for the virtual try on and getting 5 frames to try on at home.
tasmtairy, do you find yourself taking your glasses off a lot, for computer stuff, reading, and other close-up stuff? Even in spite of the fact, you have progressive lenses? If so, maybe consider getting single vision glasses.

With the glasses, I can see to drive, but for the most part, I don't need the glasses as much as I used to.

Old 07-18-2023, 02:46 PM

2,028 posts, read 3,347,933 times
I love Zenni, and always have fun picking out different frames. So many to choose from. I get funkier ones the older i get.

Old 07-18-2023, 03:24 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,722 times
I’ve been blind as a bat since grade school and have always depended on prescription lenses and eventually wound up with trifocals lenses. I could never buy from Zenni’s because I rely too heavily on fit and adjustment only a professional could give. I once purchase glasses from BJs on a whim and it wasn’t the same.

Fast forward to my 70s.

I needed cataract surgery so I opted for the additional lasix procedure. The upside is I can now wear cool sunglasses. The downside is that my small deep set eyes and dark circles underneath show in full force without glasses to hide them….

Old 07-18-2023, 03:40 PM

43,075 posts, read 18,246,291 times
I just prefer one neutral frame that I wear all the time.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:30 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
I need glasses to read and to drive, but not for anything else.

The readers are from the dollar store. I have a couple dozen pairs scattered around the house.

I got three pairs each of clear and tinted driving glasses--a pair for each car and one for my purse. Thank you, Zenni, six pairs of prescription glasses for less than $10 each.

I keep my old Rx shades for wearing in the yard and other non driving uses.

Old 07-19-2023, 06:10 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I need glasses to read and to drive, but not for anything else.

The readers are from the dollar store. I have a couple dozen pairs scattered around the house.

I got three pairs each of clear and tinted driving glasses--a pair for each car and one for my purse. Thank you, Zenni, six pairs of prescription glasses for less than $10 each.

I keep my old Rx shades for wearing in the yard and other non driving uses.
Yeah, Zenni is great. My eyes are bad, so costs are usually $60 minimum, but even the progressives were only $110- can’t beat that if you want more than one pair. Yes, I have a lot and I’ve always worn them as a fashion statement.

For people asking if you even need your glasses that much to require progressives- my vision literally goes to like 6” in front of my face before I can’t see anything- so progressives are needed regardless.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:05 AM

61,673 posts, read 87,060,489 times
I like my Miu Miu readers

Old 08-08-2023, 07:30 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
I've had to wear eye correction since I was 9 years old. Most of the time I wear contact lenses, but I always have a back-up pair of glasses for when I'm not leaving the house. Since I've always hated wearing glasses, I don't want to make a statement with them; I just want them to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:38 AM

36,417 posts, read 16,024,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
tasmtairy, do you find yourself taking your glasses off a lot, for computer stuff, reading, and other close-up stuff? Even in spite of the fact, you have progressive lenses? If so, maybe consider getting single vision glasses.

With the glasses, I can see to drive, but for the most part, I don't need the glasses as much as I used to.
No, I'm sorry they are no line bi-focals, Duh...Need them all the time. Maybe I don't get the difference. Progressive and no line bi-focals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty