Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 01:50 PM

17,411 posts, read 16,566,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's very possible to develop a reaction to products that you've been using for years, especially if you're peri- or post-menopausal. So you may want to try changing out some of yours, but I would change one product at a time, and wait 2-3 weeks between each change. If it were me, I would start with the moisturizer. Try something like La Roche Posay. Very highly respected in the dermatology world.
I suppose it is possible that I've developed some sort of reaction to the products themselves. I tend to think it is the concealer I'm using because, now that I think about it, the breakouts started to happen not long after I got a new container of it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not opposed to trying a new moisturizer. La Roce Pasay sounds like a good possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Sadly, like everything these days, across the board, cheaper alternative ingredients for products are being used, so ingredients in old favorites may have changed.

Another good way to remove residue is to steam the face putting the face over a pan of hot water, and covering one's head with towel, using care of course, and not having it on the stove. Yeah, I know people know this, but if they have to label a "lemon" dish soap as nothing to "consume", well, I just figure it doesn't hurt to try to "cover all the bases".

I sometimes use a sea salt scrub, just a little in one hand, wet my fingers and apply a little at a time. One can also use white sugar, which is more gentle. After using it put on moisture cream, and my skin feels so clean. Best to start with the white sugar, as the salt could be too harsh for one's skin type.
That is a very good point. Maybe they tweaked the formula and are using ingredients that my skin doesn't like. It's weird because I've never had particularly sensitive skin even though most of the products that I use are good for sensitive skin - or at least should be.

I'll try a sugar scrub to exfoliate. My skin feels better after the detox face mask that I applied yesterday. I'm looking forward to trying the skin brightening mask that I have, too.

Old 10-29-2023, 04:23 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Another thing that might help would be the "hair, skin and nail" vitamin. Looking back, we moved to a city that is more dry than the previous, so my skin starts burning from dryness, thus my search for products, but I also added the vitamins, and now I realize a couple of years later, that I don't have that issue anymore. Might be worth a try, and my hair and nails both look healthier.

I have used both "Nature's Bounty" and "Spring Valley" (available at Wal-Mart). Here, one needs a backup, as they are always running out of stuff. Both seem equally good to me.

Old 10-29-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Another thing that might help would be the "hair, skin and nail" vitamin. Looking back, we moved to a city that is more dry than the previous, so my skin starts burning from dryness, thus my search for products, but I also added the vitamins, and now I realize a couple of years later, that I don't have that issue anymore. Might be worth a try, and my hair and nails both look healthier.

I have used both "Nature's Bounty" and "Spring Valley" (available at Wal-Mart). Here, one needs a backup, as they are always running out of stuff. Both seem equally good to me.
You've got to be careful taking Biotin, from what I've read it can mess up lab results and throw off readings for thyroid, parathyroid, electrolytes, etc. I guess it's best to mention it to your doctor if you do take those supplements.

Old 10-29-2023, 05:32 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
You've got to be careful taking Biotin, from what I've read it can mess up lab results and throw off readings for thyroid, parathyroid, electrolytes, etc. I guess it's best to mention it to your doctor if you do take those supplements.
Thank you for that thought. Gee, I haven't had a lab test since 2012, as we practice natural medicine, thus all of my more home remedy solutions for nearly everything.

I do make careful choices when choosing supplements, and again thank you for mentioning this, as maybe eventually it will come into play for me.

Old 10-29-2023, 05:38 PM

5,010 posts, read 594,810 times
This one may be a good option, OP

https://www.amazon.ca/Cleansing-Mois...89&sr=8-8&th=1

Old 10-29-2023, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you for that thought. Gee, I haven't had a lab test since 2012, as we practice natural medicine, thus all of my more home remedy solutions for nearly everything.

I do make careful choices when choosing supplements, and again thank you for mentioning this, as maybe eventually it will come into play for me.
Yes, I was surprised to find out that it could impact lab results like that. It's just good to keep in the back of your mind in case it ever comes up.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
That one does look like it has potential. I've only tried the paper masks, never the jarred ones. Usually, I just get the ones from Target but I hadn't done it in a while. I do think they make a difference.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:53 PM

7,643 posts, read 3,278,075 times
This is the last one that I tried and I liked it, but, I haven't used a mask in three years since I use scrubs and I use Retin A.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 10-29-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
This is the last one that I tried and I liked it, but, I haven't used a mask in three years since I use scrubs and I use Retin A.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Oh, that looks like a good one! I have had good luck with other Cetaphil products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty