Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 06:07 AM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Acne. I use Ponds facial moisturizer, Revlon Colorstay concealer and Clinique age defense BB cream. Blush and powder compact.

I just picked up a Facetory Detox mask which I'm trying today. I also have a Facetory brightener mask which I'll try in a couple of days.

I have some lotion that is vitamin E enriched that I have on hand that I might test out, too.
Ingredients in your usual stuff may have changed.
They are doing it with food items so why not beauty items as well.

One way to find out:

Use nothing but soap and water and see if it clears up.
If it does go back to your products one by one and see if you have any reactions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 06:29 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,579,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Ingredients in your usual stuff may have changed.
They are doing it with food items so why not beauty items as well.

One way to find out:

Use nothing but soap and water and see if it clears up.
If it does go back to your products one by one and see if you have any reactions.
I went the whole weekend without makeup. All I used is the detox mask, Pond's dry skin facial moisturizer and I put vitamin E lotion on the areas of my skin that were irritated with breakouts and redness.

I woke up this morning and my skin looks a lot better. So I do suspect the concealer although that product has never given me problems before, maybe something has changed in the formula. I'm going to pick up a bar of Aveeno just to have on hand and I'll be looking at getting some of the other products mentioned on this thread.

Today, I'm going to focus on drinking plenty of water and I might do the skin brightening mask.

Old 10-30-2023, 11:26 AM

18,150 posts, read 15,725,963 times
For over 50 acne, which I'm experiencing now as well, a retinoid is best, assuming it's not a specific product you're currently using that you're allergic to, which is causing your acne.

The only retinoid that is sold OTC (over the counter) is "Adapaline." There are several brands with Adapaline (aka 'Differin'), from high-end to wallet-friendly. The FDA approved Adapalene 0.1% gel as an over-the-counter acne treatment in 2016. Higher strength than 0.1% Adapaline requires an Rx.

I'm using a different product, something stronger, which requires a prescription, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try Adapaline, since you're looking at solutions like doing a skin mask.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:50 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,579,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
For over 50 acne, which I'm experiencing now as well, a retinoid is best, assuming it's not a specific product you're currently using that you're allergic to, which is causing your acne.

The only retinoid that is sold OTC (over the counter) is "Adapaline." There are several brands with Adapaline (aka 'Differin'), from high-end to wallet-friendly. The FDA approved Adapalene 0.1% gel as an over-the-counter acne treatment in 2016. Higher strength than 0.1% Adapaline requires an Rx.

I'm using a different product, something stronger, which requires a prescription, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try Adapaline, since you're looking at solutions like doing a skin mask.
Thanks, I'll look into Adapaline.

I'm happy to say that after a few days of TLC, my skin is looking so much better. I did another mask this morning, this one a Facetory Sooth Me Tea Tree and my face feels and looks so much better.

I applied some light makeup and I'll see how that goes. I also did a root touch up on my hair and got rid of the gray around my temples. I feel so refreshed!

Last edited by springfieldva; 10-31-2023 at 10:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty