Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 11:37 PM

14 posts, read 18,135 times

Advertisements

Hi. Belt of mine broke and had it for a few years. I believe it was a docker's or kenneth cole belt that I bought at a department store years ago and paid around $20 for it. Other belts I had before this was similar to that and other brands like gap. I don't think I ever paid more than $30 for a belt before.

The belts I bought were either black or brown and one belt I believe I bought was reversible, where it's black and brown but that was a while back. I am not someone that is going to spend a lot on a belt.

All the belts I had were leather belts but I am not even sure if they were 100% leather or not. The thing that I just realized is I believe I bought the wrong belt size the entire time. My jeans and shorts that I wear is typically 31 or 32. The belts that I bought till now is always 32. Apparently, I been buying the wrong size and you suppose to buy it 2 inches more than your jeans or shorts size? So that means I should be wearing 34' the entire time? Every single bet I bought and worn and thrown out throughout the years was 32 because I thought you suppose to match your jeans or shorts or pants size. Got to assume very few people made this mistake? I didn't even know about this until I read about it.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a basic leather belt that is black or reversible as with black and brown? I see there are some options on amazon like dockers, kenneth cole and some other brands that I never heard of. Reviews seem good for some but very bad for others. I took a look at gap and a belt at gap is over 40 dollars. Is that normal? Gap to me was always a not cheap and not expensive brand but how are they charging over 40 dollars for a belt? Btu the belt from gap is good?

I don't want to really spend more than 30 dollars on a belt but don't mind it. But is every belt that is like $20 or so going to be bad quality? Any physical stores have belts that are good to check out or best get it online? I notice macy's has lot of belts but they are not only more expensive but how come they have sizing like 32 and 34 and then like small 30-32 or medium 34-36? What kind of sizing is that? I mean if I were to get it, I would get a medium 34-36? That would seem way too big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2023, 09:10 AM

3,249 posts, read 1,739,106 times
If price is your main concern, there's Wal-Mart or Amazon. just read the description to see if it's real or "PU" (Read: fake) leather.
Size varies by manufacturer, I generally look for two extra holes when the belt is buckled.

Old 12-10-2023, 09:20 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldjoe View Post
Hi. Belt of mine broke and had it for a few years. I believe it was a docker's or kenneth cole belt that I bought at a department store years ago and paid around $20 for it. Other belts I had before this was similar to that and other brands like gap. I don't think I ever paid more than $30 for a belt before.

The belts I bought were either black or brown and one belt I believe I bought was reversible, where it's black and brown but that was a while back. I am not someone that is going to spend a lot on a belt.

All the belts I had were leather belts but I am not even sure if they were 100% leather or not. The thing that I just realized is I believe I bought the wrong belt size the entire time. My jeans and shorts that I wear is typically 31 or 32. The belts that I bought till now is always 32. Apparently, I been buying the wrong size and you suppose to buy it 2 inches more than your jeans or shorts size? So that means I should be wearing 34' the entire time? Every single bet I bought and worn and thrown out throughout the years was 32 because I thought you suppose to match your jeans or shorts or pants size. Got to assume very few people made this mistake? I didn't even know about this until I read about it.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a basic leather belt that is black or reversible as with black and brown? I see there are some options on amazon like dockers, kenneth cole and some other brands that I never heard of. Reviews seem good for some but very bad for others. I took a look at gap and a belt at gap is over 40 dollars. Is that normal? Gap to me was always a not cheap and not expensive brand but how are they charging over 40 dollars for a belt? Btu the belt from gap is good?

I don't want to really spend more than 30 dollars on a belt but don't mind it. But is every belt that is like $20 or so going to be bad quality? Any physical stores have belts that are good to check out or best get it online? I notice macy's has lot of belts but they are not only more expensive but how come they have sizing like 32 and 34 and then like small 30-32 or medium 34-36? What kind of sizing is that? I mean if I were to get it, I would get a medium 34-36? That would seem way too big.
My husband has gone through the same thing, and finally found the perfect belt it's from Hanks Belt's. They aren't cheap but he said "unless you want a second belt, you will never need another belt for the rest of your life" He said he has a casual belt and a 'carry belt' They are having a 15% off sale right now, he said the last one he bought was because he had lost a ton of weight was $60. They have sizing info on their website and if you make a mistake and get the wrong size they will replace it free of charge.

Old 12-10-2023, 11:03 AM

I check online at amazon and there are several options. However, the reviews are very mixed, many say very good but others say very bad. Also have people saying it's not 100% leather. I'm not even sure if previous belts I had were 100% leather or not though but I didn't care. I did believe a gap one I had many years ago probably was but not sure if my kenneth cole or dockers one from last time was or not.

Are you wear a 31' waist, you are suppose to buy 34' for belt? I typically wear 31' or 32' for jeans or shorts and always worn a belt of 32' because I thought it was suppose to be the same size but that is wrong? I been doing this for a long time but definitely notice now it probably was a bit too tight? I'm not even sure.

For online, it's amazon or what other site is best for this? Does it matter if it's not 100% leather belt? How much do people pay for belts these days? And anyone that buys those designer belts that cost $100 etc well that isn't for me. I wouldn't even want to wear it if it was $20. So what are good options for belts $30 and under?

Old 12-10-2023, 06:01 PM

Is amazon the best option for this? Should have ordered one on gap when there were sales as I recall gap is pretty basic and good.

It's always better to buy one that is reversible with 2 colors right? I use to have one of those but the last ones I used was just the regular color.

Also, there are belts that are only meant for casual? If you wear jeans and khaki shorts, there is no issue wearing a regular black belt right? But if wear pants, you have to wear dress belts? I typically just wore whatever belt I had for whatever pants but I always wear jeans or khaki shorts.

Old 12-10-2023, 07:05 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Is amazon the best option for this? Should have ordered one on gap when there were sales as I recall gap is pretty basic and good.

It's always better to buy one that is reversible with 2 colors right? I use to have one of those but the last ones I used was just the regular color.

Also, there are belts that are only meant for casual? If you wear jeans and khaki shorts, there is no issue wearing a regular black belt right? But if wear pants, you have to wear dress belts? I typically just wore whatever belt I had for whatever pants but I always wear jeans or khaki shorts.
Most Amazon belts are junk according to my husband, the belts from Hanks have a 100 year warranty and they provide you with instructions on measuring.

Old 12-10-2023, 07:34 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Most Amazon belts are junk according to my husband, the belts from Hanks have a 100 year warranty and they provide you with instructions on measuring.
Wow! A 100 year warranty should cover the rest of my life and then I could include it in my will.

Old 12-10-2023, 07:56 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:

I purchased a man's belt from Old Navy, as the style with low slung jeans was to wear a plain black belt. $12. Not leather.

Go to a store and try on different sizes, then buy at Amazon or Target.

Old 12-10-2023, 10:57 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
OP~ Macy's is garbage.

Does this new belt need to do anything else, other than hold up ur drawers?

You carry IWB weapons for instance?

Does this belt need to have accessories clipped to it?

Does it need to "hide $$$$$?"

Old 12-11-2023, 12:56 AM

Okay so what stores are good to check out then for a belt. Macy's would be garbage? The last belt I bought was at a department store but it no longer exist anymore. I do remember having a gap leather belt but this was so many years ago and remember it was decent.

I just want a regular black belt or reversible black/brown belt that I wear with jeans or khaki shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty