Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:44 PM

288 posts, read 656,102 times

Advertisements

So today, I had my eyebrows shaped up and the lady was telling me about eyelash extensions. She probably noticed my puny eyelashes and felt the need to mention this..lol.

If you want the full set it's like $175. They glue separate lashes onto each of your own lashes. I guess you get bi-weekly refills, that cost anywhere from $1.75 to $3.00. Sounds like alot of maintenance, right? Well, she did mention another alternative. RevitaLash.

Has anyone ever used this? Does it work? It's expensive, but if it works, is it worth the price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 AM

119 posts, read 865,312 times
Hello, thanks again for your reply about the grouphome job. I was just looking at the threads, and don't usually going into fashion and beauty, but I think that a woman need not concern herself with fake eye lashes. If they are something you want for yourself and will make you feel better, than go for it, but I don't think that they are necessary. Thanks, again.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:32 AM

443 posts, read 2,135,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
So today, I had my eyebrows shaped up and the lady was telling me about eyelash extensions. She probably noticed my puny eyelashes and felt the need to mention this..lol.

If you want the full set it's like $175. They glue separate lashes onto each of your own lashes. I guess you get bi-weekly refills, that cost anywhere from $1.75 to $3.00. Sounds like alot of maintenance, right? Well, she did mention another alternative. RevitaLash.

Has anyone ever used this? Does it work? It's expensive, but if it works, is it worth the price?
My mom uses this and it works for her. I thought she was actually wearing fake lashes until I said something and she's was like no they are not fake pull on them...sure enough they were real and revitalash made them grow longer, and I'm talking REALLY long so where I thought they were fake.. It's expensive though, arond 100-150 bucks for a small tube but it lasts a long time, my mom has had the same tube about a year. I guess you just apply revitalash on your eyelids like eyeliner and they grow..

Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,950 times
I love fake lashes. I wouldnt bother w/ the expensive stuff you're talking about. You can get some individual false eyelashes in a natural length and do it yourself. Askmemakeup on youtube has a great tutorial for how to apply them. If you do want to try reviatalash, make sure you research for possible allergic reactions or negative reviews.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1979 View Post
My mom uses this and it works for her. I thought she was actually wearing fake lashes until I said something and she's was like no they are not fake pull on them...sure enough they were real and revitalash made them grow longer, and I'm talking REALLY long so where I thought they were fake.. It's expensive though, arond 100-150 bucks for a small tube but it lasts a long time, my mom has had the same tube about a year. I guess you just apply revitalash on your eyelids like eyeliner and they grow..
Hey a real testimonial! thanks for your post!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I love fake lashes. I wouldnt bother w/ the expensive stuff you're talking about. You can get some individual false eyelashes in a natural length and do it yourself. Askmemakeup on youtube has a great tutorial for how to apply them. If you do want to try reviatalash, make sure you research for possible allergic reactions or negative reviews.
I've actually tried the fake eyelashes. Funny story...a few years ago, I was at a party and we got into the hot tub, and the steam made my fake eyelashes fall off, and my eyelids were white from the glue. Yeah, i didnt know it til I went to the bathroom....lol...good times.

Thanks for your post!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,950 times
LOL. Yeah, steam and eyelash glue doesnt mix. Note to self:

Old 09-18-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
LOL. Yeah, steam and eyelash glue doesnt mix. Note to self:
You might actually have friends who aren't too drunk that they will tell you! lol.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,866 times
I love everything about RevitaLash. I use it, RevitaBrow, and their mascara and I love all of them. I've already been able to tell a huge difference and I have yet to experience any side effects. I would definitely recommend these products.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:26 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,796 times
I'd be careful about those if you have light-coloured eyes. I've heard that it can actually stain your iris, or something strange along those lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty