Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I'm of the belief that you should only wear clothing that flatters your figure
Couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Personally, I dont think tight clothes look good on anyone....unless youre a ballerina. Tight clothes really are unhealthy.
But whats scarier, is seeing a guy in tight jeans, yikes!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Personally, I dont think tight clothes look good on anyone....unless youre a ballerina. Tight clothes really are unhealthy.
But whats scarier, is seeing a guy in tight jeans, yikes!!!
Aaw c'mon!! I LOVED Bon Scott in his tight pants!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times
IMO. The current styles just arent flattering to a lot of people. Just because its in style doesnt mean YOU should wear it. When youre really thin you can wear just about anything but once you put on some weight your true body shape appears.

Different body shapes look best in different styles. There are four basic body types and each needs to be dressed differently. I have an hourglass shape. I was curvy when I wore a size 10 and Im still curvy now that I wear a size 16. If I try to wear a stlye made for straight up and down peeps its not gonna look good. I need stuff that shows I have a waist.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,832 times
i think that there are some larger woman that do look nice in tight clothing.im not saying it looks as good as a thin woman in tight clothing but it doesnt look bad. it depends on how tight they wear it.tight dresses dont look bad on a thicker woman also who cares what anyone else thinks about her because shes wearing tight clothing its about how she feels about herself and if she feels good about her self good, the way she dresses or looks in tight clothing wont affect your life if you dont like it look away or close your eyes

Old 06-30-2012, 01:17 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
There is this woman that lives in our condo complex and I see her a couple three times a day walking her dog.

She must no posses mirrors, have no friends, or gets dressed in the dark.

The things she wears... the horror of it all....

I don't even mind a woman with a few extra pounds, but man oh man....

Old 06-30-2012, 01:24 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
A woman who is obese and wears tight shirts that say "sexy and desiring" aren't that at all. Delusional is what they are!

Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Do these girls not have a mirror or a friend to tell them they look awful? I see women from the ages of teen and up wearing clothing, usually tops, that are just too tight on their gut.

This look makes them seem either as big as they are or even bigger.

As a 28 year old woman, I would think that most other women would rather wear something that is the proper size AND flattering.

Last night, at a movie and then for drinks afterwards, I saw gals wearing tops that did not fit. People were able to see the indent of a belly button, the back straps of a bra and the skin that was trying to escape. I just dont get it. Not to mention the muffin top that is peeking out over a gal's hips.

Perhaps it is because I am in San Antonio...

I do know that the young and educated and well employed girls that I know would never dress that way.

Could it be socio-economic?
So what! I like women who are comfortable with their bodies and show them off. I want to see MORE more often than not...

Old 06-30-2012, 04:41 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Do these girls not have a mirror or a friend to tell them they look awful? I see women from the ages of teen and up wearing clothing, usually tops, that are just too tight on their gut.

This look makes them seem either as big as they are or even bigger.

As a 28 year old woman, I would think that most other women would rather wear something that is the proper size AND flattering.

Last night, at a movie and then for drinks afterwards, I saw gals wearing tops that did not fit. People were able to see the indent of a belly button, the back straps of a bra and the skin that was trying to escape. I just dont get it. Not to mention the muffin top that is peeking out over a gal's hips.

Perhaps it is because I am in San Antonio...

I do know that the young and educated and well employed girls that I know would never dress that way.

Could it be socio-economic?

I seen girls younger then teenage who are obeese and wearing tight hoooker clothes and there parents buy it and allow it.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
some men like those young girls even if their fat is hanging out
yup i notice the latin men and black men get WILD when they see that and start making sounds to them showing their tounge as if they want to lick them its really gross when you see these guys do this. No I am not being bias but its all I ever see doing this to BIG women in tight hoo chee mama clothes. maybe its in there culture to like this type of women .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty