Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:24 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,525,981 times

Advertisements

what color eyeshadow do you use and what type of do you use on your eyebrows. Gell or pencil?

I use bobbie brown blonde gell on my eyebrows amd bone all over lids. A light brown on my lower lid and a brown eye liner on my eyes on the top and hallf of the bottom. I would love to try other colors but I am afraid. Some times I do use a light gary on my lower lid. I have blone hair and blue eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 03:53 PM

22,641 posts, read 47,805,311 times
I never wear eyeshadow anymore.
I don't put anything on my eyebrows.

Just some gray eyeliner and black mascara and I am good to go!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I never wear eyeshadow anymore.
I don't put anything on my eyebrows.

Just some gray eyeliner and black mascara and I am good to go!

You are so lucky. I think I need it. I will try tommorow that tomorroow.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,289,171 times
I also don't use eye shadow. It just doesn't look right on my eyes. Sometimes I fill in the sparser areas of my eyebrows with a verrrrrrry light touch of Avon brown pencil in dark brown. Most times I don't mess with it though.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM

543 posts, read 2,313,278 times
I use an ivory color all over the eyelid, anything to brighten up my eyes. Aging ain't no fun for those of us that love makeup! Leaving the fun colors to the younger set. DD is always telling me about her new colors she has bought. I want to use them, but yet want to look my age too.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:55 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,282,742 times
Hey Lorrie! I use eyeshadow very sparingly..usually an all over from brow to lash line ivory kind of something, then on the lid I like gray-blues, greens, purple, even gray...under my lashes I always use a little shadow there, usually a darker color, put it on with a thin brush, I don't do eyeliner pencil very well. You and I are probably similar in color.

I use blonde pencil sparingly on my eyebrows, I have to fill them in, they have gotten so thin and sparse.

email me or dm, I can send you some samples to try!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,292,076 times
Get a duo brown with a highlighter on top to lift the arches in your brows. It will make you look more awake. There are also eye brightener pencils that you can use:
Sephora: Benefit Cosmetics Eye Bright: Concealer/Shadow Base

Depending on your face a pop of color on the outside corner very light and blended looks very nice.

If you get a strong color you can mute it by blending over it in a taupe,white or champagne color.
Use the eyeshadow color over the liner and it sticks making it a blend of the two. Apply the liner then the shadow right after before it dries (pencils dry too) Tap it on and blend it smooth.

I like to get pallet sets for value of color selection.
Just looking around on sephora there are some with the tried and true browns that always work plus fun colors:

Sephora: Sephora Brand Deluxe Palette - Collector's Edition ($200 Value): Combination Sets

^thats only 30 bucks...not over 100...

Sephora: Sephora Brand Luxe Noir Eyeshadow Palette - Silver: Eyeshadow

Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM

[quote=dogmom;6865252]Hey Lorrie! I use eyeshadow very sparingly..usually an all over from brow to lash line ivory kind of something, then on the lid I like gray-blues, greens, purple, even gray...under my lashes I always use a little shadow there, usually a darker color, put it on with a thin brush, I don't do eyeliner pencil very well. You and I are probably similar in color.

I use blonde pencil sparingly on my eyebrows, I have to fill them in, they have gotten so thin and sparse.

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...-new-post.html

I like the Bobbie blonde eye brow gel on the brows and use a light eyeshadow all over the lids then do brown/black pencil on my lids and then cover it with some shadow so the liner stays on. I then use a taupe or sometimes light grey to the lid crease plus brown black mascara.. I think we are alike in coloring.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,289,082 times
I've never tried using a an eye brow gel....does that work better than a pencil?
My makeup depends on whether I'm going to work or going out. Once I cover the shadows under my eyes and make sure I have lipstick on...... I'm good to go.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I've never tried using a an eye brow gel....does that work better than a pencil?
My makeup depends on whether I'm going to work or going out. Once I cover the shadows under my eyes and make sure I have lipstick on...... I'm good to go.

I think so. If I have more time I use blonde eye shadow with an eyebrow brush and then put the eye brow gel over that. I hate eyebrow pencils. I always use to use them and on me they look like to much brow the gell does not but that is only on me and my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty