Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:35 AM

318 posts, read 820,583 times

Advertisements

Ladies, how long does it usually take for you to get ready? Men may answer too. For morning and evening. Weekdays and weekends. And what do your daily rituals consist of? Also, do people think you're high maintenance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Getting ready for work in the morning? Hmmm...if I didn't have to get my son off to school I'd probably be able to get ready much faster! Let's see....if I have to wash my hair (every other day) then it's about 40 min...otherwise, probably 15 or 20, at the most.

Going out at night? Really no different...I might take a bit longer in front of the mirror.

Daily ritual:
Drag my butt out of bed (I'm a night owl so that's really the hardest part!)
Wake up son (unless by some miracle he is already up)
Use the *ahem* facilities
Weigh myself (every morning, without fail)
Shower and dress
Make my son's school lunch (can't help it - he'd rather eat my food than
the schools ) and push him out the door
Make MY lunch (usually a salad - I never eat lunch out)
Dry/style hair and "do" face - I don't wear much makeup - the hair takes
most of the time!
Pack my gym bag
Off to work!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,480 times
I cannot be out the door in 15 mins if my life depended on it! It takes me about 45 mins at the best. I try to pack my gym bag the night before and iron anything that needs it as well.

At my best I'm up during the 5am hour. It's harder around this time of year, when it's cold and dark, but I feel that it's worth it in the long run. There's a certain peacefulness about the early morning that's not there any other time.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:17 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,495 times
I don't take too long, IMO! But I have a system: First, I set out the outfit I'm going to wear. Second, I shower, next, curl my hair, while my hair is cooling off, I do my makeup (which takes less than 10 mins), then I get dressed, then I style my hair and out the door.
I'd say my process is about 45 mins, incl. shower! not too bad, right?? But I'm not one of those who does a million last minute touches to my hair or makeup, you know?
plus, I hate to wait!! when I'm ready, I'm ready!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
Ladies, how long does it usually take for you to get ready? Men may answer too. For morning and evening. Weekdays and weekends. And what do your daily rituals consist of? Also, do people think you're high maintenance?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
It depends on where I'm going.

I take my son to school in my pj's so that doesn't take any time to get ready.
It takes me about 20 minutes to get ready for work because I don't go to work until 2:30 and I've already showered earlier in the day. But, if I'm getting ready to go out at night or to church on the weekend it takes me forever. I can never decide what to wear, have to shave my legs, wash and style my hair, makeup, etc. I always think I will lay out my clothes the night before, but I procrastinate and never do it.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:28 PM

440 posts, read 1,682,121 times
It depends... in the mornings if I'm going to go ride, or go to the gym.

Say I go to the gym:

Drag my ass out of bed, wash face/brush teeth, change into gym clothes, throw hair in a pony tail and put some lip balm/gloss on, eat a quick breakfast, go to the gym.

Going out/Look for the day:

Shower, takes approx 10-20 minutes
Moisturizer/Lotion, Brush teeth 5-7 minutes
Change into clothes
Make-up on, usually just a tiny bit of powder, blush, lipgloss, and basic eye shadow and mascara, 10 minutes, MAYBE 15 if I really want to play up my eyes
Blow dry and style hair..

In total, about 45minutes - 1 hour.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
It depends... in the mornings if I'm going to go ride, or go to the gym.

Say I go to the gym:

Drag my ass out of bed, wash face/brush teeth, change into gym clothes, throw hair in a pony tail and put some lip balm/gloss on, eat a quick breakfast, go to the gym.

Going out/Look for the day:

Shower, takes approx 10-20 minutes
Moisturizer/Lotion, Brush teeth 5-7 minutes
Change into clothes
Make-up on, usually just a tiny bit of powder, blush, lipgloss, and basic eye shadow and mascara, 10 minutes, MAYBE 15 if I really want to play up my eyes
Blow dry and style hair..

In total, about 45minutes - 1 hour.
Awesome post, lovin the 45 to 1 hour.

I had an old girlfriend and she was just like in another time zone mentally when it came to getting ready to go somewhere, she would probably spend 30 minutes just putting on the make up.

Last edited by Chowhound; 01-25-2009 at 12:58 PM..

Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 PM

378 posts, read 1,063,233 times
Quote:
It take me 15 to 20 minutes. I take a shower/wash hair. Brush teeth. Towel dry and put another towel around hair. Put lotion on body and face and put on deodorant. Take towel off hair and comb it out. Put on clothes. Ready to go. My hair will dry in approx 15-20 minutes, I put a ponytail button around my wrist in case I want to put it up once it is dry. Sometimes I'm ready to go before my husband. I am very low maintenance.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,090 times
The shortest: 20 minutes if I'm in a rush and going nowhere special. This involves basics like skin care & teeth brushing, minimal makeup, putting my hair in a pony, and throwing some clothes on.

For work, I take 40 min to an hour, so I guess that is my usual routine. I am not a morning person and tend to nod off & daydream while getting ready . Also, if I plan what I am going to wear and lay it out, then that shaves off like 10 minutes. I never do that though, and am always scrambling to find some item in my closet. I also don't eat breakfast usually and I get my coffee at work. It's basically wake up, get myself ready & go.

In the evenings, I can freshen up fast (5-10 minutes); but if I'm starting from scratch for something really special, then it can be like 2 hours, because of my hair....

I usually shower out at night because I have long medium-thick hair that takes forever to blowdry (like 25 minutes ). If I don't blowdry it, it can take hours to dry. If I let it dry overnight, it is sometime still a bit damp in the morning.

Some men think I am semi-high maintenance. It depends what they are used to in women. If they are used to women who don't really fix their hair or wear makeup or wear cute clothes, then yeah, I seem to do a lot.
Other guys think I am pretty normal or even impressed that I can throw myself together pretty fast sometimes. I would say I am normal mainteance for a person who looks put-together. Not high or low.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:56 PM

733 posts, read 1,927,804 times
Quote:
around 30 minutes...with interruptions....an hour....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty