Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about breast augmentation?
For it 9 16.36%
Against it 21 38.18%
Don't really care 22 40.00%
Other 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 AM

809 posts, read 2,885,073 times

Advertisements

Are you for it or against it? Do you have it? Do you know someone who's had it done? What are your thoughts on it?

Personally I've been wanting to get one for yearsssss I just find that it is INCREDIBLY expensive (if you want a good surgeon that is) ....... I don't think I'll be paying any less then $6000 if I want a good surgeon.... I don't want to look like I have two balloons popping out of the front of me, I just want them to be natural and full (So I will be having cohesive gel silicone ones if I DO ever get them done)..........

Discuss........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,020 times
I do not find $6,000 for breat augmentation to be expensive - considering supplies, anesthesia and the surgery itself not to mention the outcome

Anyway, used to work at Hooters, know plenty of girls who have 'em.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I think augmented breasts are really obvious and not particularly attractive, but people should do with their bodies whatever they want.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:03 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
Not something I would every consider doing to my body... unless there is a gross deformity I would not mess with nature. Beauty is much more than "perfect parts" and comes from the inside. JMHO.

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Not something I would every consider doing to my body... unless there is a gross deformity I would not mess with nature. Beauty is much more than "perfect parts" and comes from the inside. JMHO.

I agree....... but I feel VERY "boyish" because I'm so flat....... I'd like to have some womanly curves.....

Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Are you for it or against it? Do you have it? Do you know someone who's had it done? What are your thoughts on it?

Personally I've been wanting to get one for yearsssss I just find that it is INCREDIBLY expensive (if you want a good surgeon that is) ....... I don't think I'll be paying any less then $6000 if I want a good surgeon.... I don't want to look like I have two balloons popping out of the front of me, I just want them to be natural and full (So I will be having cohesive gel silicone ones if I DO ever get them done)..........

Discuss........
Ok, I am a semi expert, on BA's.

How the end result will turn out is up to you more than the actual Surgeon. Not only due to your after care, but mostly just due to your own anatomy, and genes.

Also, have you had a consult yet? If this is your 1st surgery, you might not be able to get co-gels, unless you qualify for them.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
I don't care either way but I am really glad they are there for cancer survivors if they want that to feel restored post treatment.

When I was younger I thought about them & went for consult but decided against it after really going over the details and watching videos. I thought I would wait for a couple years before doing anything.
They came in on their own so I'm glad I waited. I have had roommates and friends have them. Even if they look real they don't feel right. One of my roommates you could feel the seam on the implant on the side and when they squished together you could sometimes see a double bubble. That totally turned me off of ever doing that. If that happened to mine AFTER i threw down 10 grand....Or if my nipple fell off?

They filled out themselves and in summation I have to say...fake/big **** are not worth the hassle. Buy a padded push up bra and save 10 grand towards a house or your child's education etc. I only considered it in the first place because of my job at that time was based on appearance and I needed upper and lower body symmetry. (modeling)

Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I agree....... but I feel VERY "boyish" because I'm so flat....... I'd like to have some womanly curves.....
Not sure how old you are, but mine kept getting bigger until my late 20's.... a plus for smaller breasts is less back pain and they stay perky longer...

I was only a B cup in my late teens /early twenties and turned into a D! I tell you, I wish I was a B again. Especially when I have PMS

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with them.

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
I have saline implants and have had no problems with them. I've had them for about 12 years or so. They look natural. This is a much better look for me than the look I was sporting after breastfeeding two kids and having boobs that were flat as pancakes and dragging on the floor behind me!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Not sure how old you are, but mine kept getting bigger until my late 20's.... a plus for smaller breasts is less back pain and they stay perky longer...

I was only a B cup in my late teens /early twenties and turned into a D! I tell you, I wish I was a B again. Especially when I have PMS

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with them.

I'm 25 now and they have been the same since I was like 16-17. Haven't gotten ANY bigger at all. In fact I believe they actually have gotten smaller because I work out so much to keep myself in peak physical shape. I have a "ghetto" booty which makes me look even MORE odd and asymetrical because I have the curves THERE, but not up top. I'd like to feel even. (The pear shape runs in my family. fat storage occurs FIRST in my butt, thighs and hips... by the time I start to feel ANY filling out in my bra I'm so self-conscious of the weight I've gained in the lower region that I can't stand it.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty