Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,887 times

Advertisements

I came across an article from a plus sized writer and decided to post it on my blog.

Tell me what you think about it.

My style means an emotional as well as a physical fit. | RuchingDiva's Xanga Site - Weblog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Hee hee! I really like it because she is HONEST.

I love it how she says like it or lump it. When people cry about how they are whatever size and trapped there it just annoys the crap out of me. Not the people who are trying to figure out how to change. But the ones who just complain about who they are. Change it or MOVE ON. If looks don't need to be tailored to the job...so what. If you don't have health problems...so what.

Ya know!

And people acting like being fat is the worse thing in the world starts fight between people who are just trying to talk about it as a subject because they have been segregated in life due to size at some point.

Its just all such a load of empty hostility that cycles.

And then like in the health if you tell someone they need to lose for that reason they FREAKOUT like its a personal attack rather than thats just the way it is.

The whole fat vs. thin hate spell makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Its not really a question of what other people think. The key is being positive and confident and accepting about the way you look. If your size promotes general healthiness, party on! It is your self-confidence and the way you carry yourself which attracts others.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM

You know when I read it I was like . I definitely love her honesty and her "kiss my (beep), if you don't like it" attitude.

She's such a beauty. I hate that she can't see that just because she's fat doesn't mean she isn't beautiful, no matter what she wears.

But in the end it is about her and what makes her comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Hee hee! I really like it because she is HONEST.

I love it how she says like it or lump it. When people cry about how they are whatever size and trapped there it just annoys the crap out of me. Not the people who are trying to figure out how to change. But the ones who just complain about who they are. Change it or MOVE ON. If looks don't need to be tailored to the job...so what. If you don't have health problems...so what.

Ya know!

And people acting like being fat is the worse thing in the world starts fight between people who are just trying to talk about it as a subject because they have been segregated in life due to size at some point.

Its just all such a load of empty hostility that cycles.

And then like in the health if you tell someone they need to lose for that reason they FREAKOUT like its a personal attack rather than thats just the way it is.

The whole fat vs. thin hate spell makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
You know when I read it I was like . I definitely love her honesty and her "kiss my (beep), if you don't like it" attitude.

I hate the fact that even in things that fit her physically, she feels emotionally disturbed.
Yeh..I have been on both sides of the spectrum. I think its just like living in a "fat day" or whatever you want to call it. I used to do the same things with picking non-flattering pieces. And then I just got sick of tent life and starting looking at pictures of people my size and well... we had the shoe discussion.

Tent life is a lot easier. I will say that!
Both body types (fat or thin)

I think its all about exchanges in areas to be the true you and reflect a diverse selection for nature to play with. I think there are comfort dressers and fashion dressers. And its funny to see them always trying to tell each other what to do. I do it too...lol

Do you really think she seems disturbed? How so?

Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Bad choice of words, I had to revise my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh..I have been on both sides of the spectrum. I think its just like living in a "fat day" or whatever you want to call it. I used to do the same things with picking non-flattering pieces. And then I just got sick of tent life and starting looking at pictures of people my size and well... we had the shoe discussion.

Tent life is a lot easier. I will say that!
Both body types (fat or thin)

I think its all about exchanges in areas to be the true you and reflect a diverse selection for nature to play with. I think there are comfort dressers and fashion dressers. And its funny to see them always trying to tell each other what to do. I do it too...lol

Do you really think she seems disturbed? How so?

Old 03-10-2009, 12:06 PM

OK..lol...yes that way seems more clear and less dire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty