Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 03:51 PM

5 posts, read 15,266 times

Advertisements

Here's the deal - my BF gave me a diamond ring from Jared's. He told me I could shop around for a different center diamond if I wanted a different one.

I found a better (clarity) diamond for the same price online (bluenile.com). It's also GIA certified whereas the Jared's one is certified by a private company.

I can take this diamond to Jared’s to have them put it in the setting. But, Jared's extended warranty will not cover me if the diamond ever chips, breaks, or falls out since I didn’t buy it from them

What should I do? Keep the Jared's diamond so I have better coverage if something ever happens to the diamond? Or buy the better diamond online and not be covered by a warranty on the diamond?

Both diamonds are princess cut, 1 carat.

Jared's diamond is
Clarity: SI2
Polish/Symmetry: Very Good / Good
Color: H
Length/width radio: 1.02

Bluenile diamond is

Clarity: VS2
Polish/Symmetry: Excellent / Very Good
Color: H
Length/width radio: 1.00

They are very close in price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 04:10 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
I have heard BlueNile had real good quality, could you get there diamond, and then decide when you have them both. You also can have an insurance rider to cover the diamond.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 AM

617 posts, read 2,073,118 times
Keep what you have. Own a diamond for the beauty of it, not for the cash value. No matter what you pay for a diamond ring, it will never be worth that much if you resell. The value of a diamond is all hype and terrific marketing, created by the De Beers cartel.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I'd keep the one you have as well. There's not that much difference, and after all, the one you have was chosen especially for you by someone that loves you. That alone make it worth so much more than mere cash value.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:50 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Which one will give the most joy when you look at it? You can always get insurance on the other ring so if the stone falls out it can be replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty