Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 AM

543 posts, read 1,826,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
Dont know what you are trying to portray here, but your post sounds pretty prejudiced to me...
I was in probably not so simple terms stating that creating a sterotype of people with tattoos is very difficult as there is a wide demographic of people with them and they do not all fit into the Springer/Meth user group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM

295 posts, read 1,298,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
I was in probably not so simple terms stating that creating a sterotype of people with tattoos is very difficult as there is a wide demographic of people with them and they do not all fit into the Springer/Meth user group.
I wasn't trying to portray tattoo users that way at all. In fact, I went out of my way to include a diverse category of demographics that no person in their right mind would say "yes" to them all. Clearly there could be someone with a tattoo that hits all the positives and avoids all the negatives - but you're living in a dream world if you think that the overall stereotype is all roses. I've admitted as much in referencing myself as a motorcyclist. I don't get in bar fights or travel in gangs. I don't weave in and out of traffic at 100-mph while popping a wheelie and I don't avoid paying my bills so I can support my Harley payments. Still, the overall perception and overall demographics for motorcyclists are much different for regular society.

Since I'm not a moderator of a web forum and I'm not required to be on my computer all day ... I'm very familiar with the world outside my home.

As I said before, if a person is gung ho on getting a tattoo ... that's their decision. Go nuts. On the other hand, I feel like there are too many examples of people doing it on hopes of being cool or proving something to someone and who will be embarrased and regretful when their future grandchild sees a faded, stretched tribal back tattoo peaking out from beneath their shirt and wonders why their WASP-y "Nana" has an ancient African symbol morphed by back fat and the 45 years its been since that night in Cancun when she was in college. .

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 01:13 AM..

Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,407,908 times
no no no!!! A WOMAN'S BODY IS A NATURAL WORK OF ART,the curves, the softness, the....sorry I disgress..

its like having a wonderful painting of beauty and painting over it.

ankles or something ok.But arms,back, boobs no no no!!!

hey its your choice though,everybody has personal tastes it just isn't something I dig.

Im sure you are beautiful no matter what.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
I wasn't trying to portray tattoo users that way at all. In fact, I went out of my way to include a diverse category of demographics that no person in their right mind would say "yes" to them all. Clearly there could be someone with a tattoo that hits all the positives and avoids all the negatives - but you're living in a dream world if you think that the overall stereotype is all roses. I've admitted as much in referencing myself as a motorcyclist. I don't get in bar fights or travel in gangs. I don't weave in and out of traffic at 100-mph while popping a wheelie and I don't avoid paying my bills so I can support my Harley payments. Still, the overall perception and overall demographics for motorcyclists are much different for regular society.

Since I'm not a moderator of a web forum and I'm not required to be on my computer all day ... I'm very familiar with the world outside my home.

As I said before, if a person is gung ho on getting a tattoo ... that's their decision. Go nuts. On the other hand, I feel like there are too many examples of people doing it on hopes of being cool or proving something to someone and who will be embarrased and regretful when their future grandchild sees a faded, stretched tribal back tattoo peaking out from beneath their shirt and wonders why their WASP-y "Nana" has an ancient African symbol morphed by back fat and the 45 years its been since that night in Cancun when she was in college. .

Moderator cut: image removed
that just kills me,specially ugh....when doing a certain position with a nice...it just takes away and distracts.Sorry just a personal peeve.

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 05:03 AM..

Old 05-07-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
Tattoo's are a part of a generation. I am sure the next generation will have something else, and the next, and so forth. I would not expect everyone to be "ok" with the tattoo's on a woman, etc, but today's society finds most women have one somewhere on their body. Either that or a piercing other than the ears.

Some people are just more conservative than others, but I do believe that just because someone has a tattoo I would not think any different of them. I am not insinuating this is how you feel, rather just saying that this is how I feel...

I have no tattoos, my wife has one (hidden so no one but lil ole me can see). I dont think I will ever have one, but I certainly am not opposed to the idea if it came down to it. If my wife decided to cover her whole body in ink, I would still love her like before, just with more color now!
and it could be the difference of me dumping her or not.Im a longhaired dude,not conservative looking at all.Its sexual turnoff for plain and simple which funny enuff being who I am I attract the tattooed type often ...it kills me.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:04 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,366,463 times
I love my tattoo. Very personal and very me. Just got the second part of my back piece done.

Each to their own. If you don't like them, don't get them or date someone with them.

I don't go into that stereotyping thing either. Plenty of people I know with piercings and tattoos who like me, lead good law abiding lives.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I love my tattoo. Very personal and very me. Just got the second part of my back piece done.

Each to their own. If you don't like them, don't get them or date someone with them.

I don't go into that stereotyping thing either. Plenty of people I know with piercings and tattoos who like me, lead good law abiding lives.
as much as I dislike them dont get me wrong,I have had a couple girlfriends with them and I accepted it.Its how many,how big and most importantly where that makes the difference to me.To be quite frank I,being a boob and a** man those areas are no-no tattoo areas for me that just destroys me and possibly the relationship.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:55 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,366,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
as much as I dislike them dont get me wrong,I have had a couple girlfriends with them and I accepted it.Its how many,how big and most importantly where that makes the difference to me.To be quite frank I,being a boob and a** man those areas are no-no tattoo areas for me that just destroys me and possibly the relationship.
Soooo ... before you start dating a girl, do you ask to see her boobs and a$$ before going any further?

BTW: I understand about the name thing. Not keen on that, but hey, that's why we have cover-ups!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,550,328 times
This is going in a place far beyond the intent of the OP. Please stay on topic.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:00 PM

786 posts, read 4,734,961 times
The best place to get a tattoo is ones neck or face. It should not be hidden because if it was anything to be ashamed of then it should not exist. I do not understand why anyone would be so high on tattoos but then do their best to hide them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty