Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 PM

441 posts, read 2,108,518 times

Advertisements

I can't seem to find a good bra to lift my heavy breasts. I am a 34F and it is hard to find sizes that lift without minimizing (which hurts). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
My daughter, who doesn't find underwires comfortable, has found comfort and enough "hoist" for the girls at Lane Bryant. I'm not sure they go down to 34 though.

Today's Oprah had a segment on bras, and suggested going to Nordstrom's to get professionally measured for fit.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Panache & Fantasie make some great plunge bras that lift! I order them from BareNecessities.com.

Freya makes some nice ones as well, but they tend to have more coverage.

I'm a 36G and those are the brands that I primarily wear.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
I can't seem to find a good bra to lift my heavy breasts. I am a 34F and it is hard to find sizes that lift without minimizing (which hurts). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
As a former big-chested girl myself, have you considered reduction surgery? I know you were asking about bras, but just thought I'd ask. I had the surgery about 6 years ago, and it changed my life. I went from a 38J to a 38D. Most insurances cover the cost, especially if you're in pain. Something you may want to check into. As for bras, I always had luck with the bra finder at JMS.com:

Plus Size Apparel from JMS !!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM

Thank you so much for the tips. I have wasted so much money looking for the perfect bra to lift my girls. I have found good bras like Wacoal but find that after a few washings they stretch and don't hoist quiet the same. I don't want to have breast reduction surgery; I think the right bra will take the pressure off my back. I don't care what they say... large breasts are painful.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for the tips. I have wasted so much money looking for the perfect bra to lift my girls. I have found good bras like Wacoal but find that after a few washings they stretch and don't hoist quiet the same. I don't want to have breast reduction surgery; I think the right bra will take the pressure off my back. I don't care what they say... large breasts are painful.
For just basic everyday bras, I like the Goddess 3910. It's not a pretty or sexy bra, but it's good for basic wear.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM

lovemaine, I have thought about it but worried about scaring. Also, to get the breasts to lift, I understand they put an implant in after the lift. Is that correct?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
Quote:
lovemaine, I have thought about it but worried about scaring. Also, to get the breasts to lift, I understand they put an implant in after the lift. Is that correct?
No, there are no implants. I can only speak for my own surgery though. My doctor did a great job lifting my breasts after the excess skin was removed. I haven't been this perky since before my kids were born! As for scarring, it's minimal. The scars are underneath my breasts, where they're not noticeable. There are different kinds of reduction surgery though. Again, I only speak for myself, but going through surgery was so worth it to me. Before the reduction, I had almost constant back pain and would develop rashes under my breasts. Plus there were so many tops I couldn't even wear. All that resolved itself after the surgery. The only negative for me was the recovery time. It took a solid 6 weeks for me to feel normal again.

I took this procedure very seriously, did a lot of research and talked to several doctors. Personally, I would never have surgery for vanity's sake, but this surgery was necessary since it was causing health problems for me. In the end it was well worth it....

Old 11-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
No, there are no implants. I can only speak for my own surgery though. My doctor did a great job lifting my breasts after the excess skin was removed. I haven't been this perky since before my kids were born! As for scarring, it's minimal. The scars are underneath my breasts, where they're not noticeable. There are different kinds of reduction surgery though. Again, I only speak for myself, but going through surgery was so worth it to me. Before the reduction, I had almost constant back pain and would develop rashes under my breasts. Plus there were so many tops I couldn't even wear. All that resolved itself after the surgery. The only negative for me was the recovery time. It took a solid 6 weeks for me to feel normal again. In the end it was well worth it though....
Yes, the recovery time. I have often wondered about that too and how painful it is. Thanks for your insight into your experience. Honestly, one day I feel that I will need the surgery because as I'm sure there will be more and more sag as I get older.

Another question. I am so used to my breasts, does it feel weird for them not to be there as big anymore? Does it feel like you are missing something?

Oh... an finally... did the male oogling stop after your surgery? Just asking.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:02 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,928,096 times
I guess I shouldn't mind my measly 32B self when I hear about bra straps digging into shoulders. Ouch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty