Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 AM

522 posts, read 1,405,787 times

Advertisements

https://secure.lushusa.com/shop/

Has anyone tried any of their products? What do you think? What's your favorite? What would you recommend?

I've seen it around when I was living in Houston but I now live in a place that doesn't have a Lush store anywhere near by. I'm thinking about ordering a few things to try out but since I can't be there in person to test it out myself I'd like to know what others thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 02:03 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
I have!! I love the bath bombs! They make your tub all fizzy and most smell wonderful. Unfortunately there's no longer a store near where I live...bummer.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:54 AM

125 posts, read 496,911 times
I've visited several of their stores (DC, SoHo, Atlanta, Boston) and, while I love their products, their hard-sell sales staff really put me off.

Having said that, I love Curly Wurly and their body butters. I like the texture of their dusting powders, but the scents are just a tad 'off'. In short, it's okay, and I'll buy some if I'm passing by, but I don't get some of the more worshipping reviews that I read. I've picked up equivalent items (and for less money) at the local farmer's market.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreekgotapaddle View Post
I've visited several of their stores (DC, SoHo, Atlanta, Boston) and, while I love their products, their hard-sell sales staff really put me off.
^^ I totally agree.

I actually once told a chick at Lush to "please just let me look around myself, and that I'll let you know if I have a question." The girl was following me around and making a comment at everything I even glanced at. Drove me nuts. I've only been to one location, when I used to live in Orlando--so I sort of thought it may have been unique to that store, funny that it seems to be universal technique.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:36 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,365,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreekgotapaddle View Post
their hard-sell sales staff really put me off.
Most definitely! Glad (well, not :P) that it's not only the store I go to like that. They actually shooed me away from a purchase the last time I was there, because the store was crowded, and there were so many sales representatives (a good thing, but I like to BREATHE while shopping). My mom left about 5 minutes before I did, too (her first time in Lush. Unfortunately they made it an unpleasant experience for her. She does love the smell of their products).

I currently have the Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar (even my mom has fallen in love with)...smells AMAZING.

Also have the Buffy. It smells...okay. But makes your skin super soft (however, if you have sensitive skin, you'll want to be more gentle when using it, as it's an abrasive [I learned the hard way]).

As well as Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel. I prefer it as a shampoo to a body wash, most days. Personally, I think it smells great. It's a "you'll love it, or hate it" smell, though.

Add onto my list the Sugar Scrub Sugar Scrub (yes, that's typed correctly ). I have yet to use mine, but my best friend has used hers, and liked it, IIRC.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,787 times
Thanks for the feedbacks.

I'm very tempted to try their 'Sunny Side' bubble bar.
I'm wondering if it'll give me skin a nice golden look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty