Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 AM

831 posts, read 1,965,052 times

Advertisements

IPL can help repair topical sun damage and even out overall skin tone. When I had it, it burned off little surface freckles...they literally turned into scabs and fell off as did milia on my cheeks. It was great!

It will not work if you have melasma, which much deeper and harder to treat. Apparently on some (like my mother) it goes away by itself when the hormones level off -- after menopause -- I'm not that patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,151 times
Just had my yearly check-up with the Dermatologist last week. I'm 38 and have a significant amount of sun spots on my face. He started me on Renova cream which is Retin-A.

He stated to wash with a gentle soap at night, use a good moisturizer (like Neutrogena) then top my nightly regimen with the Renova cream. It's also good for preventing new ones from coming up too.

For something a little more aggressive I believe the IPL and/or a chemical peel would be where it's at.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 AM

497 posts, read 507,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecovringKrspyKremeAddict View Post
I guess the hydroquonone is still the best. Just been hearing about other stuff and wondered if there'd been any new developments out there in this area! I can't put it off any longer........have to start some sort of treatment now before I start lookin' like a monster!

Still listening for any other ideas out there................
I'm not sure your nationality but Cocoa Butter is terrific or Ambie as well!!! I'm a young male age 34 and people always think i'm like 25 or younger.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:59 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I use Clinique Advanced Stop Signs on my face. Two months later, I can't tell whether it looks any different. I saw my younger sister last week, and she remarked (unsolicited) that I looked younger than she and the youngest one looks. I have a few spots in between my eyes and cheeks. They are still there, but perhaps have faded?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 690 times
I have found that the products containing hydroquinone do work the best but with the recent cancer developments its scary to use them just to get my skin clearer. I've been using Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Remover For Skin. It has been working great at least better than most of the products I have tried. I actually found great information at http://darkspotremover.org and I'm now trying out the natural remedies they have recommended because I don't want to risk getting cancer from my hydroquinone product. Also they cost a fortune where the home remedies don't. I will let you know how the home remedies work out but so far I am noticing some lightening of spot from using them alone without any over the counter products. Good luck and I will update on how the home remedies work out.

Last edited by louisefrankston; 07-15-2013 at 11:34 AM..

Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times
I use ROC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. I have been using HOPE in a Jar (Philosophy) during the day. I am 46 with significant sun damage (thanks to living in S. Florida for 17 years). My age spots are fading and the skin discoloration is breaking up. So far so good...

Old 07-15-2013, 03:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I like Boots Protect and Renew Serum.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 PM

259 posts, read 670,494 times
Castor oil. It's cheap and has no nasty side effects.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 PM

6 posts, read 5,632 times
My mother is 50 years old and she was facing the problem of wrinkles skin. Due to this she wanted some product that will take care of her wrinkles. So she had used Dermastrip of Angellift and the changes were seen in 30 days.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:30 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Kiel's has a good serum that faded mine after four weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty