Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,983,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Then why do you seemingly keep defending their views? Anyway, if your friends are so snide, why are they your friends? You speak of snideness as though it bothers you but if your "friends" are the very people it's coming from...
Understanding their views is not defending them and I can be friends with whoever I want regardless of if we share the same views or not. Any other concerns you may have feel free to PM me as this is off topic.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM

10,218 posts, read 17,929,470 times
Well, I'm just saying, you are the one who seemed to have a problem with snideness yet you choose to be friends with those who are... bottom line is, it's none of their business how much make up other women wear - I still don't understand why they care so much.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,983,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Well, I'm just saying, you are the one who seemed to have a problem with snideness yet you choose to be friends with those who are... bottom line is, it's none of their business how much make up other women wear - I still don't understand why they care so much.
I'm going to PM you.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:42 PM

362 posts, read 775,882 times
no make up, less Acne on your face

Old 05-22-2010, 02:02 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,700,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Full face of makeup everytime I go outside is an absolute must!

I live in a wealthy community where women are expected to maintain themselves, if you will. I have a very high social standing in my community, thus my need to look presentable (hair combed, radiant color, pearls, and a dress or blouse).

At the very least I will wear concealer, foundation (cream and powder), cream contour, blush, mascara, lip stick or lip stain or lip tar, lip gloss (when necessary), lip liner, cream eye shadow, and a skin pigment. I also use a toner every now and then. On most days when I'm at work or at a social event, I will wear my mink eyelashes too. It really stands out and makes my eyes look less sunken in.

I truly can't believe that there are women who allow themselves to be seen in public without makeup. I live in an environment where women enjoy being feminine and not so dull.
I truly can't believe that some women feel so insecure about their looks that they have to put on an artificial face to be comfortable when out.

Wearing makeup for years ages a woman's skin. My sister has worn makeup since middle school. I have never been one to put all those chemicals on my face. She has always looked 10 years older than I, and she's younger. She started showing wrinkles very early on.

A woman can be feminine and not so dull without makeup. I think it's all in the haircut. Take care of your hair and your face always looks nice. Without makeup.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:33 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,840,081 times
I can't believe people there are women who live in environments where they have to look like peacocks and clowns, in order to believe they aren't dull.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,251,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Full face of makeup everytime I go outside is an absolute must!

I live in a wealthy community where women are expected to maintain themselves, if you will. I have a very high social standing in my community, thus my need to look presentable (hair combed, radiant color, pearls, and a dress or blouse).

At the very least I will wear concealer, foundation (cream and powder), cream contour, blush, mascara, lip stick or lip stain or lip tar, lip gloss (when necessary), lip liner, cream eye shadow, and a skin pigment. I also use a toner every now and then. On most days when I'm at work or at a social event, I will wear my mink eyelashes too. It really stands out and makes my eyes look less sunken in.

I truly can't believe that there are women who allow themselves to be seen in public without makeup. I live in an environment where women enjoy being feminine and not so dull.
I had to respond to this.

I live in a wealthy community as well. I mean people are LOADED!! (Not me, mind you LOL!) A Porsche or a BMW is nothing here. (The nannys drive the BMWs.) We're talking Lambos and Maseraits as the take-to-go-slumming-at-Target cars. (The WalMart has a lobster tank.)

If a woman here dressed in the manner you describe she would be talked about. For one thing it's way too hot. When it's 100 plus degrees for four months straight the last thing you think about is foundation because it's going to melt right off your face.

Most women dress very nicely. But casual. Hair clean and combed nicely. Lipstick. Maybe some mascara. They watch what they eat and are thin. Maybe to the extreme.

Most have rocks on their fingers the size of dinner plates. Maybe that's in lieu of the pearls.

Interesting how things are different.

Oh, we all moisturize religiously and sun block is a must.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-22-2010 at 03:01 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 03:11 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,173,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
no make up, less Acne on your face

AMEN.

What kills me is many dip the brushes and sponges in the same bacterial laced makeup and then wonder why their skin won't clear up?

It's like not throwing out mascara after a bout of pink eye. Or using the same toothbrush after strep throat.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:26 PM

253 posts, read 795,748 times
No makeup at all. I look perfectly fine without it.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 PM

677 posts, read 1,622,665 times
I think that it depends on the situation. There are some occasions where having a full face of makeup is almost expected, most formal events, for instance. You would expect to see a woman in a nice dress and shoes, of course she'll probably be wearing a full face of makeup as well. If someone works in a position that requires a lot of contact with clients/media/etc I would expect her to wear a full face of makeup, because that is what our society associates with care and formality.

I personally don't wear make up on a daily basis because I have sensitive skin and eyes. I also don't like the idea of putting forth an artificial face for the world to see. However, I do know that our society is one that is artificial in most aspects, so when I have important events to go to, I'll throw on some makeup so as not to be harshly judged. It's a terrible philosophy, but that's just the way it is.

If makeup is applied with care, it can look really great. My manager is a fantastic example of this. I only know that she wears makeup because she talks about Avon frequently, but the way that she applies it looks so natural and beautiful. However, there are also people who go way overboard and apply so much that they look like clowns or prostitutes I'm not sure how that can be seen as attractive, but to each her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.