Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 PM

677 posts, read 1,620,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
What is a beautiful person to you? What attracts one to you?
To me, beauty transcends physical appearance. I think that a beautiful person is one who is selfless, kind and caring. Physical appearances don't matter to me, because any guys that I've gone on a date with with on the basis of looks alone have been complete a$$holes. I suppose that I shouldn't judge a whole group by a few bad incidences, but after a while it's hard not to. If there is enough of an emotional connection, I don't care much about how a person looks.

That being said, my ideal is a man who is taller than me, has a great smile, and strong hands/arms.

I am attracted to people who smile and make eye contact and who have something interesting and/or funny to say.

Lucky for me, I've found just that in my wonderful s/o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
All very good but different answers so far. Have you ever seen someone you thought was beautiful (outer beauty) and as soon as they opened their mouth (inner beauty) they became ugly? What does that tell you?
You know, in all honesty, I dont think Ive met anyone in real life like that. At least, not that I can recall right now. But I have definitely met some physically unnatractive people who when they opened their mouths and shown their true colors and jaded negative mean personalities became doubly super ultra unnattractive and ugly.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Beauty to me is someone who can understand a joke and laugh with me.

Nothing more unattractive then a person that just doesn't get it.

As for physical. I would have to say nice slim body. I don't mind small chests as long as there is a little buttocks to go with that small frame. She can't be short though. I like someone over 5'5.

As for beauty. The dung beetle is a beautiful creature.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:33 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I'm not a guy, but I think she's kind of boring and overrated. I think she's on the same level of hotness with most no name girls that have been in/on FHM, Stuff, and Maxim magazine. (I know "Stuff" doesn't exist anymore, but I really loved it so I'm including it!). And I promise I'm not one of those people who just hates everyone who is popularly considered sexy.

I admit when famous "perfect" women are beautiful: Gwen Stefani, Scarlet Johannson, Rihanna, etc -- even too-skinny coke princess Kate Moss. I just don't think all of them are simply becasue a lot of people think it. imo, Carmen Electra, Jessica Beil, and Christina Aguilera are overrated.
and I think Eva Mendez is straight up ugly. *shrug*
Well you're a girl so your opinion on these matters don't count

I'm not a man myself, but Megan Fox is hot. So is Scarlet Johannson (in a different way) and Jessica Biel, in my opinion - which doesn't count either.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:40 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Well you're a girl so your opinion on these matters don't count

I'm not a man myself, but Megan Fox is hot. So is Scarlet Johannson (in a different way) and Jessica Biel, in my opinion - which doesn't count either.
I know we can't totally understand a male perspective, but we can still determine (our opinion of) general attractiveness. It's not like we can't understand that a girl has big boobs. I DO use a lot of the same qualities that (average) men do when judging female attractiveness.

I'm surprised how a lot of people are specifically avoiding talking about physical attrtaction and only discussing personality attractiveness..

Last edited by thatsong64; 05-23-2010 at 02:52 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 02:47 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
All very good but different answers so far. Have you ever seen someone you thought was beautiful (outer beauty) and as soon as they opened their mouth (inner beauty) they became ugly? What does that tell you? That personality has a whole lot to do with outer beauty? Hmmmmmmmm......
Yes to all of the above. That's where Kim Kardashian and Megan Fox come in...beautiful, until they open their mouths. Well, they are still physically beautiful regardless of how much they may repulse me as human beings, but I am instantly unattracted to them if that makes sense. I do believe a pleasant personality compliments physical appearance...win/win!

Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
What I think I find attractive and what I am actually attracted to are two very different things.

I'm for equal opportunity. I've dated some ugly guys, but they had the best personalities and won me over. I've also dated some beautiful men - some had good personalities, some not so much.

It's a mixed bag for me.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:59 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I'm not a guy, but I think she's kind of boring and overrated. I think she's on the same level of hotness with most no name girls that have been in/on FHM, Stuff, and Maxim magazine. (I know "Stuff" doesn't exist anymore, but I really loved it so I'm including it!). And I promise I'm not one of those people who just hates everyone who is popularly considered sexy.

I admit when famous "perfect" women are beautiful: Gwen Stefani, Scarlet Johannson, Rihanna, etc -- even too-skinny coke princess Kate Moss. I just don't think all of them are simply becasue a lot of people think it. imo, Carmen Electra, Jessica Beil, and Christina Aguilera are overrated.
and I think Eva Mendez is straight up ugly. *shrug*
It's funny how attraction works. So tell us, which female celebrities do you find physically attractive?

There are male celebs who for the life of me I can't see what women are going ga-ga over. In most cases I think it's their bodies or celebrity status that women are drawn to, because guys like Vin Diesel, Brad Pitt, or Lil Wayne, don't seem to possess handsome mugs or magnetic personalities. But I'm not a hater type and I've never felt any resentment towards guys who are either legitimately handsome or the ones whose popularity just puzzles me...to each.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
saucywench wrote:
Quote:
can a person have truly "black eyes?"
Maybe somebody punched him in the face a couple of times and gave him black eyes?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:58 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yes to all of the above. That's where Kim Kardashian and Megan Fox come in...beautiful, until they open their mouths. Well, they are still physically beautiful regardless of how much they may repulse me as human beings, but I am instantly unattracted to them if that makes sense. I do believe a pleasant personality compliments physical appearance...win/win!
I agree with a lot of what you say. The only thing, for me, I'll correct is: I just have ZERO respect for actresses. To me they barely look human. Outside of Maggie Lawson and maybe Kayley Cuoco (sp??) I just honestly don't find them pretty. Even Megan Fox. She looks like an alien species.

Now I will say, about 90% of Female Tennis players I see on the TVs have some sexiness going on. But then again I am a TOTAL sucker for athletic legs like that. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty