Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,776 times

Advertisements

Ok, my wife and I have a tradition of getting manicures, pedicures, and brow waxes done together. I usually get his done once a month, her more. We look at this as a kind of "bonding experience" for us. My question is to other married people out there, is this pretty normal or are we "abnormal". We both love the time spent together, but I sometimes wonder(especially when I am the only dude in the place) how other men deal with this(I'm assumming I'm not the only one....thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
If you're willing to spend the money for it, and it doesn't impinge on other needed items, it's your business.

Personally, I'd never pay for those for myself--I think it would be a waste of money. Waste of money for her too.

But you can do as you wish.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times
When recovery work was being done at the World Trade Center site after 9/11, lots of local businesses offered free goods and services to rescue workers. Nail salons joined too, offering, well, manicures and pedicures. Since then, the idea of men getting those things became much more acceptable in NYC, and it's now a common sight to see even blue-collar men get them.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:55 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,495,633 times
my DH and i have had pedi's together. well he has had maybe 3? those times were before going on beach vacations and he is a bit uncomfy about his feet, so we have done it together. but the places i have been to have men working there as well, so he didnt feel weird about it--but he did have a woman doing his toes.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,687,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Ok, my wife and I have a tradition of getting manicures, pedicures, and brow waxes done together. I usually get his done once a month, her more. We look at this as a kind of "bonding experience" for us. My question is to other married people out there, is this pretty normal or are we "abnormal". We both love the time spent together, but I sometimes wonder(especially when I am the only dude in the place) how other men deal with this(I'm assumming I'm not the only one....thanks!
I wouldn't sweat this small stuff , mate. If you are a guy comfortable with yourself as you are do as you wish the world be damned.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,350 times
I sometimes dream of getting those done in an upscale salon and spa .. wearing a bathrobe right after the sauna, smoking expensive cuban cigar doing business deals on the satellite phone the size of a mammoths err excuse me .. surrounded by beautiful women and well armed female body guards twice my size lol .. well its a dream after all and i realise that when i see the tap run out of water in my bathroom halhway through lol .. and thats when i say to myself what the heck !! get back to your senses Norm !

Old 06-07-2010, 02:46 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
I think it's pretty fruity. There are tons of other things you guys can do together.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Years ago, I got a large gift certificate to a spa as a gift from my boss as a thank-you for some work I did on a project. I took my husband as a surprise, and although he protested at first, he ended up loving it. The men's package included a mani-pedi, and he has gotten one or two since then. A few years later, I worked for a different boss, and he got a manicure every week. His hands did look nice, not girly at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, although I get that some people don't agree.

The eyebrows, though ... it depends. Overly groomed eyebrows on a man don't look good to me. If it's just a little to clean up a unibrow, that's one thing (heck, I attack my husband with tweezers from time to time), but some guys REALLY overdo it.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:27 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,776 times
hmmm..., interesting comments, thanks!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,954,783 times
I never had any desire for a manicure or a pedicure. I can't believe you can't a more fun way to 'bond' with your wife...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty