Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,013,742 times

Advertisements

Well for those who might be wondering what it is like and haven't gotten there yet, you need to see it to believe it.

The only drawback, much of the landscaping is not in so the whole inpact of the beauty can not be appreciated, but other than that it is everything it was cracked up to be. The artwork is absolutely spectacular, the volunteer staff members are friendly and very knowledgable and the layout easy to follow. You can spend as little as an hour or so or you can spend an entire day and probably not see everything. We were there for just about 2 hours.

Oh, one other drawback, the prices in the gift shop are out of sight. I expected them to be on the pricey side, but OMG.

Anyway, if you are living in NWA or heading up this way, please allow enough time to visit Crystal Bridges. There is a reason Bentonville is the only place in American to make the list of the 12 top tourist areas in the world as viewed by Travel and Leisure a week ago.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,352,619 times
I need to go again and not opening week!! Also with little ones. I didn't get to see the gift shop because I wasn't about to take the little ones. I was impressed with what I saw and will be going again in a few months. Is it still free to get in?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,784,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I need to go again and not opening week!! Also with little ones. I didn't get to see the gift shop because I wasn't about to take the little ones. I was impressed with what I saw and will be going again in a few months. Is it still free to get in?
It's suppose to always be free, courtesy of Walmart.

I love museum gift shops, and this one is really nice. Prices were outrageous though. Definitely not Walmart !

Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
AT this time the plans are: to keep it free for the next 5 years and starting Monday, tickets will no longer be required.

Nita

Old 12-29-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
It's suppose to always be free, courtesy of Walmart.

I love museum gift shops, and this one is really nice. Prices were outrageous though. Definitely not Walmart !
Outrageous, let's hope they come down a bit in the next year or so. The T shirts were $22. That isn't all that much more than any other really touristy T shirt place. We didn't get any, but I could live with the price. The salt shaker and pepper mill we use daily is leaking pretty badly and we always have salt and pepper all over so I thought about getting new ones there. Well, I picked a set up, they were very nice, of course wood, but not really that large even: the price $68.00. I have never heard my salt and pepper asking to live in a castle...

Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM

25 posts, read 77,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
AT this time the plans are: to keep it free for the next 5 years and starting Monday, tickets will no longer be required.

Nita

If it's only free for the next 5 years, then it will be out of business in 6 years.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,352,619 times
Maybe but I doubt it. I would pay and actually shocked it was free. I spent a week in Santa Fe in September and was paying 10dollars a person to get into some of those museums and they were full. Quite true Bentonville doesn't have the artist attractions Santa Fe but still if it wasn't too steep I think one would pay.

Otherwise, after Walmart pulls their funding, who will pay for the upkeep of Crystal Bridge? I doubt if all the residents of Bentonville want their taxes to increase. Though, I wonder if the Museum will bring business to the area.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedloser View Post
If it's only free for the next 5 years, then it will be out of business in 6 years.
I am assuming you have not seen it yet. You do realize the attention it is getting nationally don't you? With all the changing art work, the beautiful grounds and the entire setting what would make you say it will be out of business?

Wait a minute, didn't you say not too long ago, you applied for a job there, did you get it? If so, I am amazed you think it has to remain free to draw visitors.

Nita

Old 12-29-2011, 01:19 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,784,926 times
I would definitely pay if it wasn't free. It's a truly amazing place.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I would definitely pay if it wasn't free. It's a truly amazing place.
And lets see how it turns out when it is really and truely finished...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers