Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:04 PM

731 posts, read 1,369,362 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't mind living in a beach house on Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba when I retire, or living in the mountains around Mendoza, Argentina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Even though I am nowhere near retirement age, I would like to end up in North Dakota by then. Not a big fan of Bella Vista myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 11:00 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,316,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
I wouldn't mind living in a beach house on Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba when I retire, or living in the mountains around Mendoza, Argentina.
The prairie provinces of Canada are beautiful and I especially enjoy the Prince Albert Saskatchewan area and the Flin Flon Manitoba area and Thompson Manitoba too.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Even though I am nowhere near retirement age, I would like to end up in North Dakota by then. Not a big fan of Bella Vista myself.
I don't think Bella Vista is attractive to many young singles. It is certainly a place for families (more so all the time) and retired people, but not the really young set, not even the 30 something set probably.

Nita

Old 10-09-2010, 07:25 PM

77 posts, read 239,026 times
Heavens waiting room by anyone's estimation.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallbaro View Post
Heavens waiting room by anyone's estimation.
But that is becoming a mis-conception. Only about 35% of the people living in Bella Vista are retired, compared to more like 75% 10 years ago. Tht is why the elementary school, which is only 3 years in almost over-flowing and a second one is due to break ground very soon. It will be on be side of town, west of the Catholic church. The signs are already posted.

Nita

Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,643,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But that is becoming a mis-conception. Only about 35% of the people living in Bella Vista are retired, compared to more like 75% 10 years ago. Tht is why the elementary school, which is only 3 years in almost over-flowing and a second one is due to break ground very soon. It will be on be side of town, west of the Catholic church. The signs are already posted.

Nita
Huge population growth is always a bad thing. I don't know why people think it is good to have out of control growth.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Huge population growth is always a bad thing. I don't know why people think it is good to have out of control growth.
and I agree, I don't think we will ever see a huge growth here, or I hope not, but seeing the village (now a city) become more attractive to families is a good thing.

NIta

Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,207,193 times
Since the title is about retirement relocation , .........I may not want to move to a gated retirement community, but would like to move to a place where other re-located retirees like to live.

If one re-locates to a community that has few re-located retirees, who you gonna ask to go fishing with you?

Who you gonna ask to meet for morning coffee?

The people who aren't retired have jobs to go to and have their own family activities to attend to in their free time.

The long time residents who are retired have their kids and grandkids.

I am not big on lots of social activities, but am not a true hermit either.
Living in a city /town that has attracted other re-located retirees sounds like a plus. ( IMHO )

I also think a town/city that is not recommended for young singles, is a plus when someone is searching for re-location retirement.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM

26,432 posts, read 46,643,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Since the title is about retirement relocation , .........I may not want to move to a gated retirement community, but would like to move to a place where other re-located retirees like to live.

If one re-locates to a community that has few re-located retirees, who you gonna ask to go fishing with you?

The people who aren't retired have jobs to go to and have their own family activities to attend to in their free time.

Living in a city /town that has attracted other re-located retirees sounds like a plus. ( IMHO )

I also think a town/city that is not recommended for young singles, is a plus when someone is searching for re-location retirement.
The only way you increasing the percentage of retirees in a city/town/village is to increase the inherent desirability of the amenities the place offers through creative marketing and visibility tactics. Retiree populations can't naturally increase without the inherent steady in-migration of newcomers unless a higher percentage of the population in the area is aging in place. This is not the case in NWA as economic growth streaming out from Fayetville/Bentonville etc has led to a greater percentage increase of younger working age people from all over.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

good points, I agree about the singles and not much for them. Most of us choose living in someplace like BV so we would be around people like us. I still do want to see young families moving in (within reason) as for gated community. We had no desire to live in one either, that is why we ruled out a couple of possible locations for retirement.

BV fits so many needs that many of us have.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers