Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,310 times

Advertisements

I know it can get pretty dang hot in arkansas, but what are the average summer temps for northwest ar, especially around bentanville and fayetville? And also is it extremely humid there? I live in michigan now and couldn't handle ant more humidity than we have here. I also don't like the temp to get above about 85 degrees. And for my unrelated next question, is it difficult to find large acreage at a reasonable price? I have horses, goats, chickens, and rabbits so I need a lot of space!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:37 PM

165 posts, read 524,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey11d6 View Post
I also don't like the temp to get above about 85 degrees.
We get well over 85 degrees. For example, the highs forecasted for the next 7 days in NWA is ...

Wednesday 88
Thursday 87
Friday 86
Saturday 88
Sunday 89
Monday 93
Tuesday 94

And it's still only June.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,310 times
So does it regularly get into the 90's the rest of the summer? And how humid?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 AM

165 posts, read 548,599 times
It's the south. It's hot. Much hotter than Michigan, and extremely humid. It's not as bad as some parts of the region, but it's humid for sure. MUCH more humid than Wisconsin, where I was last weekend; just for comparison, it was about 85 in Wisconsin, but about 2 hours east of Fayetteville, in my hometown, it was 98 with a heat index of 104.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 AM

602 posts, read 1,516,329 times
The weather we've been having here in Fayetteville is typically what we see in late July-August. Who knows if this will be the new normal.

Here's a graph from The Weather Channel.

RE: land--Expand your search to include Washington, Benton, Carroll, even Madison counties. I have no idea what the going rate is for an acre of land nor do I know what is "reasonable"

Old 06-22-2011, 07:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey11d6 View Post
I know it can get pretty dang hot in arkansas, but what are the average summer temps for northwest ar, especially around bentanville and fayetville? And also is it extremely humid there? I live in michigan now and couldn't handle ant more humidity than we have here. I also don't like the temp to get above about 85 degrees. And for my unrelated next question, is it difficult to find large acreage at a reasonable price? I have horses, goats, chickens, and rabbits so I need a lot of space!
The temps will range in the 90s most of the summer, so yes, it is warmer than Mich but I don't think the humidity will be all that much different. From what I have been told, from relatives raised in Mi it too can be very humid. Anyplace from the mid-west to the east and into the south will be humid. The nights do not cool off as much here as futhre north, but they are nothing compared to the deep south.

As for acerage, you can't expect an answer to your question without a little more information: What do you consider agreage and what price range are you thinking? If you want a few acres or more you will not be looking in Fayetteville and Bentonville, but further out east or west.

Nita

Nita

Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
[quote=nmnita;19698592]The temps will range in the 90s most of the summer, so yes, it is warmer than Mich but I don't think the humidity will be all that much different. From what I have been told, from relatives raised in Mi it too can be very humid. Anyplace from the mid-west to the east and into the south will be humid. The nights do not cool off as much here as futhre north, but they are nothing compared to the deep south.

As for acerage, you can't expect an answer to your question without a little more information: What do you consider agreage and what price range are you thinking? If you want a few acres or more you will not be looking in Fayetteville and Bentonville, but further out east or west.

Nita [quote]

I can't speak for Michigan, but I lived in Minnesota for several years, and I think the humidity was worse in Minnesota than it is in Northwest Arkansas. And the mosquitoes are definitely bigger in Minnesota. Huge! and yet still able to get in through screens.

One of the things that's different is that EVERYWHERE in the South is air conditioned. You go from your air-conditioned house to your air-conditioned car to the air-conditioned office, store, restaurant, theater. Frankly, sometimes some places are so cold, I carry a sweater in the car just in case. So, when you do venture outside, the heat is like a slap in the face. Really, there are times when the heat is so intense, it's like you're being mugged by the thermometer. It takes some getting used to.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:51 PM

127 posts, read 216,888 times
You might as well be in Michigan during the winter just like if you are here during the summer. As soon as it hits 90 around here people hole up indoors like there is 20 inches of snow outside. You will too because it feels not only hot but like you have a wool blanket over your head the whole time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers