Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunteray View Post
Any organization which represents private citizens has no business meeting in secret for any reason. This may be Arkansas, but it is not a communist country; yet. I do not play golf or have a boat for Bella Vista lakes either and cannot understand why the board wants to increase our POA dues when the City has taken over most of their past duties. I have lived in several POA type communities, and even been the President of two, and never held secret meetings, but we did enforce the bylaws and covenants, something I have yet to see the Bella Vista POA do. This is one of the reasons we are selling our property and moving. I do think Bella Vista has lost its late 20th century luster. Hmmm, maybe the transplanted Yankees have something to do with this!
I have to wonder why you are bothering to post this information and what purpose it will serve. Yes, some of the executive board meetings are private, but they are few and far between. I hope wherever you end up you are happy, but may I add, why would you even begin to blame the problems you see (most do not) on Yankees or anyone else? Could you explain that and what by-laws are not being enforced?

I do not happen to think we need both the POA and the city government. Unfortunately we all know we will probably be stuck with both for the foreseeable future, but that doesn't explain your comments. As for being charged higher fees, you and I know this will have to be voted on. Have you bothered to check the cost of HOAs in other communities at this time? Obviously you have not. If you have lived here very many years, you know the rates have not gone up. Years ago we lived in NOVA. We had at town home, the HOA did nothing but mow the common property and I mean that was all and we paid $15 a month HOA. We had no tennis courts, no golf, no club house. This was in the 1980s. I have no problem with the amount we are paying here. Don't you think your $24 is worth it when you look at the beauty and condition of our lakes, tennis courts and golf courses. Don't you think these things attract people to Bella Vista? Raising our monthly dues can only be done by a vote, so far it hasn't even been decided how the fees will be assessed and how much?

No, I don't like what POA is charging to some businesses, that is why we are having trouble keeping a decent CC restaurant open. No I don't like everything they do. I don't like paying our dues and then having to pay another $35 a year to have a picture ID so I can play bridge at Riondon Hall for instance, but I know I can't always have my way and I am willing to give a little, for the pleasure of living in a community like Bella Vista. Enjoy you new home, wherever it may be and stay away from POAs. They are obviously not for you. I will add just one more thing, my husband has been Pres. of 3 HOAs but HOAs and POAs are very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 04:41 AM

73 posts, read 126,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunteray View Post
Any organization which represents private citizens has no business meeting in secret for any reason. This may be Arkansas, but it is not a communist country; yet. I do not play golf or have a boat for Bella Vista lakes either and cannot understand why the board wants to increase our POA dues when the City has taken over most of their past duties. I have lived in several POA type communities, and even been the President of two, and never held secret meetings, but we did enforce the bylaws and covenants, something I have yet to see the Bella Vista POA do. This is one of the reasons we are selling our property and moving. I do think Bella Vista has lost its late 20th century luster. Hmmm, maybe the transplanted Yankees have something to do with this!
According to the Bella Vista POA website, all meetings are open to the public -- do you attend? What secret meetings are you referring to?

This yankee transplant is confused by your last comment. I would hate to be responsible for beautiful Bella Vista losing its luster -- please enlighten me.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 929 times
Yes there are problems. I live here and have for several years.....I work on homes and docks and lately I have had an interaction with a certain building inspector, as well as several home owners and contractors have. He was aggressive and belligerant(sp) he has also lied several times. this to me is not proper for a rep of the city officials or over all for the right impression for new arrivals,or prospective new people!!!

Old 11-23-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmer85 View Post
Yes there are problems. I live here and have for several years.....I work on homes and docks and lately I have had an interaction with a certain building inspector, as well as several home owners and contractors have. He was aggressive and belligerant(sp) he has also lied several times. this to me is not proper for a rep of the city officials or over all for the right impression for new arrivals,or prospective new people!!!
love first time posters who drag up a 5 year plus old post that makes no sense. One jerk does not make up an entire town nor mean the city or the POA has problems. I don't think this is the type of problems people who are moving here really care about. The concerns are more related to the activities of the POA. Right now, POA seems to be running pretty smoothly and if you really want to get involved how about attending the POA meetings. They are open to the public.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:50 PM

134 posts, read 190,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I love living in Bella Vista. mod cut
As in any association (can we say governmental body, since although they are not officially us government, they do act just like a governmental body in that they help to govern all the amenities in Bella Vista, including the 7 golf courses, 8 lakes, Club houses, parks and swimming pools, tennis facilities, and more) there's going to be some strife. And it is true that one man has been on a campaign for a number of years against the POA (Property Owner's Association). He likes to stir things up and thinks that the POA should follow all the rules of the government (although they are a private organization). Aside from that, there are those that will always complain about the government, and those that think things are mostly wonderful in Bella Vista.

Believe me, those that think Bella Vista is a wonderful place to live far outweigh the complainers. And I'll bet if you ask the complainers, they have no plans to move from Bella Vista soon.

Hope this answered your question... I know it's an older question, but answered it in case anyone else came across it.

mod cut
This place is probably best for bible banging religious fanatics. When I visited, there were billboards about BV churches. Guess what, not everyone is Christian or Catholic. Some of us think these man made religions are ridiculous. I also thought the community was as dead as a morgue, filled with ultra-conservative backwoods types.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
This place is probably best for bible banging religious fanatics. When I visited, there were billboards about BV churches. Guess what, not everyone is Christian or Catholic. Some of us think these man made religions are ridiculous. I also thought the community was as dead as a morgue, filled with ultra-conservative backwoods types.
wow, so you are going to judge an entire town of almost 30,000 people based on one visit which I am assuming was either a drive through or a 1 nighter? That is the type of reviews that most of us toss out with the trash.

Let me fill you in: 1-yes, there is a sign as you come into town that does say, Bella Vista churches welcome you. There is no reference to Christian, Jewish or any other religion. 2-maybe you should learn the meaning of Christian before you mention "not everyone is Christian or Catholic" Catholics are Christian that is why the one of the creeds refers to one Catholic and Christian church. 3-You have every right to think man made religion is ridiculous, but make sure you do not flaunt your views. Most people do not like anyone who flaunts their views regardless of what they are. 4-I doubt many would agree with you on people in Bella Vista as being backwoods; most of the residence are very well educated and a large majority come from many states as well as large cities. Backwards is one thing the city is not. Even the ultra conservative might be a stretch, but yes, the city does lean to the right. 5-As for being as dead as a morgue, it is a bedroom community, would you expect to see bars on every corner is a bedroom community? For those who like a little excitement just head for Cunningham Corner right on the main drag you must have been on; there are 2 sports bars right there: they are packed late afternoon to closing and busy on weekends.

Now can you explain how much time you actually spent in Bella Vista, where did you stay and how many years ago were you here?

Of course from reading a few of your other posts I see you have a less than positive attitude toward a lot of things. Happy Days to you!!!!!! A smile is more rewarding than all the frowns in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers