Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,414 times

Advertisements

I have twins that turn 5 next month and so will start kindergarten next academic year (August 2013). We live near Reagan Elementary, it would be walking distance, which would be nice. But the new Classical Academy charter school planned for somewhere in Bentonville sounds good too. Would love to talk to other parents planning on sending their kindergarteners to either place, or those who have young kids at Reagan and have experience of what it is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM

602 posts, read 1,516,329 times
Thank goodness I no longer have a kindergartener

I suggest you call Reagan and ask for a tour. Ask if they have any upcoming school events that you and your children could attend.

From my experience, the closer my children's schools were to our home, the more time I spent volunteering there. We were within walking distance to our elementary. I loved walking. It gaves us time to clear our minds and get prepared for the day. And get some exercise and fresh air.

On a side note- do you want your twins to be in the same class or would you prefer they separate? I'd definitely ask each school how accommodating they can be.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,414 times
Well, what I didn't mention is that my twin boy has ASD and even though the Classical Academy has stated they will accomodate differently abled students, his needs are such that we do not feel they can do so (almost non verbal, not potty trained etc). For now, we have decided to apply for the Classical Academy for our girl (they will have their lottery before Rogers district even has open enrollment), and wait where the district suggests our boy is placed. We really like the Classical Academy, but because it is out on airport road, if the boy is placed in a self-contained room far away, say in Lowell, we may need to move her due to transport issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers