Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM

15 posts, read 15,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguymn View Post
Hi Misstifyd
I just moved back to NW AR after spending 22 years in Kasson MN right outside of Rochester.
The terrain here is very similar to where you are in the Rolling Stone, Winonna area.
I used to fish on the Mississippi river a lot and have had breakfast at Bonnie Rae's café in Rolling Stone many times.
The terrain around Gravette, Centerton area here is probably closer to the Plainview, Millville area than where I am here closer to Beaver Lake.
There is 4 seasons here but none as extreme as MN winters. This last winter here was cold for here but the coldest I saw was -3 instead of close to -30 it was up there sometimes.
The heat and humidity here is a little more than there and lasts longer, but it does get that way from time to time up there
with all the humidity from the corn fields in the dead of summer.
Hope this gives you some perspective from someone who has lived both places.
Good luck where ever you go
Dave

Dave:

Is there good fishing there? I so LOVE fishing and would dislike having to give that up! We have a Pontoon an V-Bottom right now but are selling the V-bottom. Keeping the pontoon until we move, will be selling almost everything when we move and buying "new" but where we move will be our forever home.

It is nice hearing from a neighbor who actually knows where Rollingstone is and Bonnie Raes!

You have given me some hope that this area may work for us or even the Bella Vista area but I need to check the size BV because as you know we are small town folk.

Thank you again and time for me to do more research on Hospitals for me and Jobs for Chris and and good fishing.

Thank you again for your insight!

Linda and Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 08:40 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misstifyd View Post
Dave:

Is there good fishing there? I so LOVE fishing and would dislike having to give that up! We have a Pontoon an V-Bottom right now but are selling the V-bottom. Keeping the pontoon until we move, will be selling almost everything when we move and buying "new" but where we move will be our forever home.

It is nice hearing from a neighbor who actually knows where Rollingstone is and Bonnie Raes!

You have given me some hope that this area may work for us or even the Bella Vista area but I need to check the size BV because as you know we are small town folk.

Thank you again and time for me to do more research on Hospitals for me and Jobs for Chris and and good fishing.

Linda and Chris
You're joking, right?

I googled this for you: "Striped Bass Beaver Lake" and went to images. BOOM!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Stri...w=1280&bih=913

World-class.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 PM

176 posts, read 419,916 times
Quote:
Dave:

Linda and Chris
Yes there is a lot of good fishing here, Beaver Lake has much cleaner water than the Mississippi too.
I personally like the Garfield, Lost Bridge area here best my self for the smaller population.
Bella Vista has a lot of good small lakes too.
There is Table Rock lake up in Missouri which is not far away also.
The White River is nice too.
The whole area here is great for outdoor living ,and most all has a small town feel compared to a lot of places.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Dave:

Linda and Chris
I think anywhere you would decide to live in the region would work for you. There is great fishing on Beaver lake, yes, here in BV as well and several other locations. As for size, BV has 26,000 peole so it isn't really small, but it is so spread out, without a really designed city center, so it appears to be much smaller.

Good luck with your plans.

Nita

Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
You're joking, right?

I googled this for you: "Striped Bass Beaver Lake" and went to images. BOOM!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Stri...w=1280&bih=913

World-class.

OK I am in love! Those are nothing like here in MN! My tired eyes woke up for sure! I also saw a Marina with Pontoons at Beaver Lake

Thank you!

Chris is looking now! Yes! But I think I need to build some arm muscles to pull a big one in! Starting now!

Have a wonderful day to all!

Linda

Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,693 times
Quote:
I must say that I had visited Kentucky and Louisiana and WOW the humidity in Louisiana nearly blew me away ! I could not imagine how people could live in that much humidity but as a friend told me they get used to it. Not sure if I believe that. Forgot who posted their pictures but great ones! Thank you!

It gets humid here in MN too since I live 3 miles from the Mississippi.

Decisions, decisions! Hate making decisions and really dislike moving BUT cannot tolerate this tundra much longer.

Oh and in MN when it is in the 30's we are out in our shorts and happy it is warm!

Thank you!

Linda
Northern Arkansas would be somewhat similar to Kentucky in terms of weather.
Born and raised in the deep south, most places I've lived have had hot humid summers. Never been able to get used to that. Actually it seems worse the older I get. Summer has usually my hibernation season, except for that all-too-brief time we lived up kinda near your neck of the woods.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
OK I am in love! Those are nothing like here in MN! My tired eyes woke up for sure! I also saw a Marina with Pontoons at Beaver Lake

Thank you!

Chris is looking now! Yes! But I think I need to build some arm muscles to pull a big one in! Starting now!

Have a wonderful day to all!

Linda
I was driving around the Lost Village area where my property is and was flat-out AMAZED at the views on that area of Beaver Lake. It looked like that Jurrasic Park island, just no sandy beaches. Complete with airstrip. Kid you not. It's an amazing area, Beaver Lake.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:34 PM

OK we will just have to come and see it for ourselves and see how the humidity is. To some it seems bad and others not so bad as it is a matter of opinion. So when we get there we will definitely look at Beaver Lake! I will see how the humidity affects me, if it is as bad as Louisiana not sure I can handle that, I felt like I could not breathe and that was years ago before the rods and screws and younger and more tolerable at a young age lol.

I do thank you all for your opinions and answering my questions, very kind of you!

I do have one more question and it may sound dumb, are there gators and crocs there?

HUGE mosquitoes here but I will squash them but not a gator

Thanks again!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
OK we will just have to come and see it for ourselves and see how the humidity is. To some it seems bad and others not so bad as it is a matter of opinion. So when we get there we will definitely look at Beaver Lake! I will see how the humidity affects me, if it is as bad as Louisiana not sure I can handle that, I felt like I could not breathe and that was years ago before the rods and screws and younger and more tolerable at a young age lol.

I do thank you all for your opinions and answering my questions, very kind of you!

I do have one more question and it may sound dumb, are there gators and crocs there?

HUGE mosquitoes here but I will squash them but not a gator

Thanks again!
I am sure alligators exist, but I grew up boating on Caddo Lake, which has a TON of them, and they never once caused me issue swimming, skiing, boating, etc. I really think it's a non-issue unless you roll around in bacon grease and lay out by the water's edge or something. It's not like Florida where you hear of them in yards, and I am not 100% sure I have heard of them at all, but I am sure they exist, maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers