Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM

32 posts, read 194,556 times

Advertisements

I need to know a little about the Rogers, or Springdale areas regarding substitute teachers.

My wife was a Special Ed teacher here in MS and retired last year with 22 years teaching as well as 10 years additional with the state for a total of 32 years.

However being only 57 she needs to continue to work at something in order to keep her Social Security benefits from being much less as she still has 10 years before full retirement under it. Her not working is not really a problem at the moment for us, but in the event I die then she almost certainly will have to go back to work until she reaches Social Security.

A little over three years ago we discovered she had breast cancer. Thank God today or at last check up she was cancer free as far as they could tell. However the medications she has to take has made it harder for her to work full time and is the reason she choose to retire here two years ago. Now after my heart attack in Sept she is beginning to realize that she needs to be able to work some where in the event something happens to me. I am 69 and retired.

She was looking at the school situation in and around Rogers Ark and we are both curious about what the rate is for Substitute teaching in the event she did not feel up to going back full time or no full time positions were available.

She has been a special ed teacher during most of her career.

Anyone that has any information that could help would be appreciated.

Thanks

billr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM

44 posts, read 173,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billr View Post
I need to know a little about the Rogers, or Springdale areas regarding substitute teachers.

My wife was a Special Ed teacher here in MS and retired last year with 22 years teaching as well as 10 years additional with the state for a total of 32 years.

However being only 57 she needs to continue to work at something in order to keep her Social Security benefits from being much less as she still has 10 years before full retirement under it. Her not working is not really a problem at the moment for us, but in the event I die then she almost certainly will have to go back to work until she reaches Social Security.

A little over three years ago we discovered she had breast cancer. Thank God today or at last check up she was cancer free as far as they could tell. However the medications she has to take has made it harder for her to work full time and is the reason she choose to retire here two years ago. Now after my heart attack in Sept she is beginning to realize that she needs to be able to work some where in the event something happens to me. I am 69 and retired.

She was looking at the school situation in and around Rogers Ark and we are both curious about what the rate is for Substitute teaching in the event she did not feel up to going back full time or no full time positions were available.

She has been a special ed teacher during most of her career.

Anyone that has any information that could help would be appreciated.

Thanks

billr
Sorry to hear about your health issues. My wife and I are both retired teachers who have relocated to Bella Vista. I also thought about getting back into teaching, but found a second career instead. I discovered that the skills that teachers have are highly valued in the business world.

I would suggest that you check out the Rogers, Springdale, Bentoville, Gravette, Pea Ridge websites for info on sub pay etc.

art
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers