Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:08 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daterxies View Post
I just came across something that stated expected growth in next 15 years is 68% which will bring the area to over a million. Think there's truth to this? I understand the area has been growing but over a million people is the reason why we are moving away from where we live now.

Thoughts?
That's not in any projections I have seen about Northwest Arkansas. Please provide a source.

I have heard numbers of 750,000 by 2030. I find that easier to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,901 times
Manufacturing is slowly coming back to the US/Arkansas.

(sniped by me)

HanesBrands--The company’s hosiery products are available at several mass retailers, including Walmart

Expanded Clarksville Manufacturing Facility To Add 120 New Jobs | 5NEWSOnline.com

“As companies continue to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S., we are committed to making Arkansas a leader in job creation and manufacturing,” said Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson. “Thanks to HanesBrands for its decision to make this significant expansion in Arkansas. The fact the company chose to expand this specific facility demonstrates the quality of our workforce in Clarksville.”

HanesBrands to Expand Clarksville, Ark., Hosiery Plant, Adding 120 Jobs and Investing More Than $1.5 Million for Improvements | Business Wire

Old 02-05-2015, 08:44 AM

Ok, I'll revise my thinking on this topic, since I found a link with some projections.

The Urban Institute says NWA will be at 800,000 people in 2030, given their "average" scenario of growth. Be advised that this projection includes Delaware County in the metro numbers, which currently isn't included in our 500k number. Delaware County makes sense being included into the metro, and if it were added today, it would add another 40k residents overnight.

A liberal estimate of growth over that time period would put NWA close to 1 million.

Interestingly, the demographics of the region aren't expected to change much ethnically, but the percentage of Millennials seems destined to continue to climb. I heard on NPR that Northwest Arkansas is in the top 10 for U.S. metropolitan areas as far as percentage of workforce comprised of Millennials. That means more young people able to make a living here, which is positive for future growth.

Peruse this map. You can change criteria to show state totals, you can revise the growth trend from slower growth up to faster growth. The default setting shows their average projections. Interesting stuff. The takeaway is that NWA will experience healthy growth and is at a minimum a good investment.

Mapping America?s Futures

Old 02-15-2015, 04:48 PM

4 posts, read 6,773 times
I believe it will continue to grow, I have lived here 45 years and cant believe how fast things are moving now. It was booming 7 or 8 years ago but its growing even faster now. Alice Walton has opened the door and revealed the secret that was NWA and with the jobs here I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Kind of sad really I wish it could just stay like it is right now.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odumbo View Post
I believe it will continue to grow, I have lived here 45 years and cant believe how fast things are moving now. It was booming 7 or 8 years ago but its growing even faster now. Alice Walton has opened the door and revealed the secret that was NWA and with the jobs here I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Kind of sad really I wish it could just stay like it is right now.
We have lived here 7 years and can't believe the growth and that is bella Vista. When our last traffic light went in (Forest Hills and Lancashire) everyone said we didn't need it. Now people are asking for another light further down on Lancashire so we don't get stuck at one particular intersection.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:45 AM

Bella Vista will be a place to watch when the bypass is completed. That should improve the quality of life there, at least for the folks owning property nearest the highway.

Does the city have any plans for that stretch of four-lane once the freeway bypass is completed? It would be really nice to see it transformed into a parkway.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Bella Vista will be a place to watch when the bypass is completed. That should improve the quality of life there, at least for the folks owning property nearest the highway.

Does the city have any plans for that stretch of four-lane once the freeway bypass is completed? It would be really nice to see it transformed into a parkway.
So far, there are no plans, but I can guarantee you the property values will increase and we will see more business.Of cruse we are seeing more business every month here, but compared to other parts of NWA there still isn't much. So many of the people are retired (that is rapidly changing) and don't want a lot of changes. They just turned down a mil vote for a new school. Of course the residence on Gravette were involved in the vote as well and didn't happen. Some people can't see past thier noses. But that is a different story for a different time.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:11 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,044,875 times
Count me in on a person who will (wants) to move to NWA within the next 10 yrs. But as everyone knows, plans change and life throws curve balls at anytime.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:27 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,044,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odumbo View Post
I can understand your misgivings about your area changing so rapidly. I went to the UA in the late 70's. I don't expect to find the same place.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Count me in on a person who will (wants) to move to NWA within the next 10 yrs. But as everyone knows, plans change and life throws curve balls at anytime.
Remember, some of those curve balls curve the right way and are hittable. It was one of those that got us to NWA and thank God, when we had the curve ball affecting hubby's health, we were lucky to have so much family around. Had we still been in NM we wouldn't have anyone family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers