Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,451 times

Advertisements

We are new transplants to the area and are looking for good restaurants. Any recommendations for brunch? Authentic Chinese (any place that serves Dim Sum)? Indian? Ethiopian? Happy to drive a few hours for something amazing. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 10:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA Newbies View Post
We are new transplants to the area and are looking for good restaurants. Any recommendations for brunch? Authentic Chinese (any place that serves Dim Sum)? Indian? Ethiopian? Happy to drive a few hours for something amazing. Thanks!
Golly, I don't know about some of these ethnic places, but there is a pretty popular Indian restaurant on Walnut; on the right hand side of the street heading east. I don't know the name of it. I do know of a coupld of good Italian eateries, also in Rogers. As for Chinese, the best place I can think of and I have to be honest, I haven't eaten there but most of our family has is: Lin Gardens, but it is a buffet. Not you typical Chinese buffet but still a buffet. I don't know if you can order from the menu and get Dim Sum? I would love some good Dim Sum. I don't think driving a few hours would really help you much unless you want to head to Tulsa. The best choices in dining with in a 100 miles are going to be right here in NWA.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:04 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,104 times
I've been looking for DimSum for a while and that option doesn't exist in NWA. So far the best Chinese food I've found has been "China Cafe" in springdale on rt 412. They don't do buffet or other types of asian cuisine and this is a plus because every other asian restaurant is really just a vietnamese/thai restaurant.

Thai Basil is fantastic but service can be slow.

The closest dimsum for us would be in Kansas City (roughly 3 hrs, be sure to visit the nelson-atkins museum when you visit).

For Indian we go to India Orchard for their buffet lunch. it's on Walton across from credit cars/performance used cars.

I'm not aware of any ethiopian restaurants anywhere close except maybe in St Louis, MO.

the rail and dam good pies has decent pizza but a new place opened across from the elm springs walmart that's pretty good (pricey) and one in bentonville square but I've yet to try them.

Yelp is your friend.

side note: I tried ethiopian in a DC restaurant and vowed never to try it again. My friend's father-in-law is a foodie and feels the same way.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I've been looking for DimSum for a while and that option doesn't exist in NWA. So far the best Chinese food I've found has been "China Cafe" in springdale on rt 412. They don't do buffet or other types of asian cuisine and this is a plus because every other asian restaurant is really just a vietnamese/thai restaurant.

Thai Basil is fantastic but service can be slow.

The closest dimsum for us would be in Kansas City (roughly 3 hrs, be sure to visit the nelson-atkins museum when you visit).

For Indian we go to India Orchard for their buffet lunch. it's on Walton across from credit cars/performance used cars.

I'm not aware of any ethiopian restaurants anywhere close except maybe in St Louis, MO.

the rail and dam good pies has decent pizza but a new place opened across from the elm springs walmart that's pretty good (pricey) and one in bentonville square but I've yet to try them.

Yelp is your friend.

side note: I tried ethiopian in a DC restaurant and vowed never to try it again. My friend's father-in-law is a foodie and feels the same way.
Thanks for the info on the Springdale Chinese restaurants. We drive to Springdale every so often to shop at our favorite Asian grocery store and would love to stop somewhere for Chinese food. The best I have had in years is what I fix at home. I know that sounds conceited, but it is true.

I do have one comment about Yelp: I have seen some pretty unfair reviews on Yelp, so I take them with a grain of salt. There was one guy who checked Yelp, just to find his own restaurant had gotten a bad review: that would have been fine, but his restaurant wasn't even open at the time. It was due to open 2 weeks later and our local grocery store got a really crappy review with all sorts of untrue comments. I do agree it is a start.

BTW, we bought Swordfish from Blu yesterday. OMG, it was so, so, so good.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:27 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
BTW, we bought Swordfish from Blu yesterday. OMG, it was so, so, so good.
time to start saving for the next visit to Blu

Old 08-23-2015, 12:16 PM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
Haha I really wanna try the new seafood market, but I am a poor student :P. To the OP, I am new to the area myself just having moved to Springdale, but one place I found that is fantastic is Napoli in Rogers. It is off Walnut street on the east side of the interstate. Fantastic authentic Italian. As for other cuisines, we haven't had a chance to try much. There seems to be a huge amount of Hispanic food in Springdale, but I am not sure what is good.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Haha I really wanna try the new seafood market, but I am a poor student :P. To the OP, I am new to the area myself just having moved to Springdale, but one place I found that is fantastic is Napoli in Rogers. It is off Walnut street on the east side of the interstate. Fantastic authentic Italian. As for other cuisines, we haven't had a chance to try much. There seems to be a huge amount of Hispanic food in Springdale, but I am not sure what is good.
That is exactly the Italian restaurant I was thinking of. The prices are moderate and yes, it is great, both food and service. The best Mexican food we have found and very inexpensive is right here in Bella Vista believe it or not. Most people, unless they have lived in a border state do not really know Mexican food. I was raised in S. Calif, lived in NM and Texas. Let me add one thing, authentic or not, if you like it, that is all that counts.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:29 PM

72 posts, read 106,977 times
Havana Tropical Grill in Rogers was fantastic when I went there. Somewhat of a hole in the wall, but the best Cuban food I have tried.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadpoet1 View Post
Havana Tropical Grill in Rogers was fantastic when I went there. Somewhat of a hole in the wall, but the best Cuban food I have tried.
have to remember that. Most really awesome dining are holes in the wall, unless you are looking top of the line, atmoshere and pricey. we have a favorite breakfast place in Gravette, it is really the typical hole i the wall, but the people are great, the food awesome and the price is right.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 3,451 times
Thank for all the suggestions. We went to Monte Ne Inn for their chicken and it was outstanding. We also were at Table Mesa Bistro for their Sunday brunch which was great. Their coffee was incredible too.. We love hole in the walls - so let us know anything that has great food! @Befriend - what is the name of the breakfast place in Gravette? Is it Hard Luck Cafe? That was the only breakfast place I could find on the internet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers