Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:42 PM

8 posts, read 18,264 times

Advertisements

to get anyone to notice my post. We still go there at least two, three times a year. They sell beer at Wild Bills outfitters now. The river got almost up to the bridge at the Hwy.14 crossing on the Buffalo River, thats around 60- 75 ft of roaring water. If you ride your scoot down 14 stop at Harriett (Crocketts) and tell Creed Timbo from Oklahoma says hey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 02:57 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,210,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie timbo View Post
to get anyone to notice my post.
When Bail pulled that one out, I thought it was a dead post.

Welcome back, *Lazarus*!

I'm thinkin'...at least around these here parts...it's getting a little chilly for nekkid armadillo popping.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM

171 posts, read 327,048 times
Default I Can! (If I want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
You can't shoot off guns and run around naked in Oklahoma?
Yep, it's possible where I live. Bought the 20 acres, put the house in the middle, surrounded by woods. Then loaded the 22 rifle. We don't call 911 out here......takes too long!

Most wildlife is protected in our area.

There's something to be said about looking at the deer, squirrel, cyotes, rabbits, wild turkeys, roadrunners and occassional "dropped-off" mutts, all from the front porch!

When I first moved here, I was scared of the coyote's barks at night. Now, I can't seem to go to sleep until I hear them!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:38 PM

171 posts, read 327,048 times
Default Sounds like here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
That's pretty much Casa del RogMar, too.

That's a lot of places in these southern states.

I built on the end of a 1/2 mile dead-end road. Vehicle comes down here, I can hear it as soon as it leaves the county road, and have time to scramble.

Heavily wooded all around, You can forget there's anybody else in this state until you hear the gunfire coming from another farm in the distance.

Constant source of food, entertainment, and tranquility.

Now, if I could eliminate all the armadillos that like to pock-mark the yard area, I'd be close to a serious waking of the kundalini.

Hillbilly kundalini..............heh.
Yep, my place sounds like yours! Love the woods and all. If someone comes down my long drive, they should have a good reason! I've learned to "scramble" quickly!

But, this still ain't Arkansas!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 AM

10 posts, read 30,121 times
I want to go to Northwest Arkansas so bad. I've been out of state everywhere on vacation but never to the North of the state. I want to visit Rogers, and Mountain Home and all of those areas.

Especially considering the architecture and stuff.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:23 AM

763 posts, read 2,661,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOUTLoud View Post
I want to go to Northwest Arkansas so bad. I've been out of state everywhere on vacation but never to the North of the state. I want to visit Rogers, and Mountain Home and all of those areas.

Especially considering the architecture and stuff.
While your that close, visit the Mountian View and Calico Rock area as well. Go to the Ozark Folk Center and Blanchard Springs Caverns. Both are a must see in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers