Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 10:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Aren't there a few poultry plants in Springdale, leading people to think that maybe there is a noxious odor if you live near one? And I read that Tyson wanted to build another one there, giving 1000 people jobs. Maybe part of the bad rap for Springdale.
yes, you are right. Many people, when the think Springdale they think Poultry plants and gang members. But it is a very large city and has more to offer than just a few negatives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 12:06 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Aren't there a few poultry plants in Springdale, leading people to think that maybe there is a noxious odor if you live near one? And I read that Tyson wanted to build another one there, giving 1000 people jobs. Maybe part of the bad rap for Springdale.
Fayetteville is high dollar, this place was pretty cheap when I bought it. I've lived in Rogers, Lowell, and Springdale. Springdale is very mild and yes, there are poultry plants but it depends on the measures of land in Springdale a person is looking at. I live close to a lake ( 4 miles) Fayetteville is close to my personality but not really. I'm an entrepreneur, point blank. Even if I wanted to do something else, I would totally suck at it. Selling real estate would be a nice change and I'd be very good at it. ( Totally burned out on houses, just for today though- interior design, yada, yada)

I have to laugh at the gang member situation here. The Springdale police are very good-- make no bones about that. Our sales taxes are pretty high ( forewarning) all over the state
( I was going to write something else and someone asked me a question, got side tracked, so I may add to this later)

My area is pretty nice. People care about their neighborhood and there are some pretty great professionals in the City of Springdale. I don't live in a gated community.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 10-24-2016 at 12:27 PM..

Old 10-25-2016, 09:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
The noxious odor used to be true when you drove into Springdale, but Tyson's has done a lot to contain the odors in its plants. Some of those plants are in Fayetteville and Rogers as well.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Good to know, DC ! Thanks!

Old 10-26-2016, 03:27 PM

139 posts, read 137,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, you are right. Many people, when the think Springdale they think Poultry plants and gang members. But it is a very large city and has more to offer than just a few negatives
I kind of disagree I think its a very tiny town based on comparing it to Fort Smith which is a tiny town.
I've worked in Springdale and currently go to school there, I haven't seen anything too bad, one of my coworkers got her car broken into once and that was probably about the worst.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas_Tgirl View Post
I kind of disagree I think its a very tiny town based on comparing it to Fort Smith which is a tiny town.
I've worked in Springdale and currently go to school there, I haven't seen anything too bad, one of my coworkers got her car broken into once and that was probably about the worst.
I am considering it large compared to most towns in NWA: yes, compared to large cities in the USA it is just a small town. As for safety, and the overall impression people have of Springdale, as I said, it gets a bad rap, but some of it is deserved. Just read the remarks on citydata about some of the apt. complexes or pick up the daily paper. I am glad you haven't seen anything bad. Neither have I. Of course we don't spend much time in Springdale because of where we live.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:15 AM

139 posts, read 137,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am considering it large compared to most towns in NWA: yes, compared to large cities in the USA it is just a small town. As for safety, and the overall impression people have of Springdale, as I said, it gets a bad rap, but some of it is deserved. Just read the remarks on citydata about some of the apt. complexes or pick up the daily paper. I am glad you haven't seen anything bad. Neither have I. Of course we don't spend much time in Springdale because of where we live.
I live in north Fayetteville, I'm in Springdale almost every day.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:10 PM

573 posts, read 586,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas_Tgirl View Post
Have to disagree with you there. I live in Springdale and traffic can be pretty bad. Looking at census data it is the largest city in NWA, the reason it may not "seem" that way is the blending of the cities Similar to the way Oklahoma City/Moore/Norman all bleed into each other. As far as crime, there have been shootings near where I live, but you are likely fine as long as you don't make eye contact with suspect people. Just keep your head down and try to save up your money and get the hell out.

Edit: There was a man beat into a coma shortly before I moved here, and another dead man found in the community pond. The worst things I have witnessed were fights broken up by cops and one man who beat his woman in the courtyard but was arrested shortly after by a responding officer. I think he was deported because I didn't see him again.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:48 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
OK, now that we got that outta the way... does anyone else have opinions on where a retiree should look for a house??? Am trying to narrow down an area and any REAL advice is welcome !

Old 12-14-2016, 09:45 PM

7,045 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Barb, I am planning on checking out Bella Vista in NWA, outskirts Tampa (St Pete, Holiday) in FL & Cookeville, TN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers