Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 10:44 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,131,585 times

Advertisements

Down from #3 on the list last year, but still high praise.

100 Best Places to Live in the USA 2017 | US News Best Places to Live

1. Austin, TX
2. Denver, CO
3. San Jose, CA
4. Washington, DC
5. Fayetteville, AR
6. Seattle, WA
7. Raleigh & Durham, NC
8. Boston, MA
9. Des Moines, IA
10. Salt Lake City, UT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 11:37 AM

573 posts, read 586,206 times
List was invalidated to me with DC being so high. Why would you want to live somewhere with such bad crime and traffic? Also Boston is very cramped with narrow streets and extremely high traffic as well. Kind of an odd list because it appears we are the smallest city by far on the list.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,632 times
Better to be included in the list, than never being included at all.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:40 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,131,585 times
DC has seen a lot of job growth (LOL) and a whole bunch of gentrification over the past 5-7 years.

Boston has also seen a lot of good redevelopment over the same time-frame.

The metrics used for the ranking capture a lot of variables related to economy and quality of life.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,334,327 times
I've heard really good things about Fayetteville, so this doesn't surprise me. The DC area at large is an amazing place to work and live. I happen to both live and work in Northern Virginia, but we love living here due to the amount of activities and mostly favorable weather with four distinct seasons.

Funny thing is that the agency I currently work for interviewed me for two positions. One here in N/VA and the other was in Fayetteville, AR. I would have been thrilled with either one.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
List was invalidated to me with DC being so high. Why would you want to live somewhere with such bad crime and traffic? Also Boston is very cramped with narrow streets and extremely high traffic as well. Kind of an odd list because it appears we are the smallest city by far on the list.
I love the bragging rights we have with the area being listed so high, but when I saw this list on the news last night, I had to think about the same thing you do: DC is an awesome place to visit, they have great sites to see and places to eat, but the traffic alone is a nightmare as is the price of homes. This could be said about Austin as well. As I have always said; these studies are good for bragging rights, nothing else. The next study will show ABQ as a great place or maybe San Antonio, who knows?

Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I've heard really good things about Fayetteville, so this doesn't surprise me. The DC area at large is an amazing place to work and live. I happen to both live and work in Northern Virginia, but we love living here due to the amount of activities and mostly favorable weather with four distinct seasons.

Funny thing is that the agency I currently work for interviewed me for two positions. One here in N/VA and the other was in Fayetteville, AR. I would have been thrilled with either one.
We also lived in NO VA for many years: yes, it has what you say, but it has a lot of problems as well and a very high COL. I would take NWA over the DC area anytime. If for no other reason we found people in NO VA/DC area only out for themselves. Loved the experience of living there but it wasn't home and never would have felt like home. Most people we knew felt the same way.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:34 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Crime in DC is mostly in one section of the city. And the list is for the metro region as a whole, not just the city itself. Northern Virginia and suburban Maryland are very safe places to live. The area also has a great economy and a very educated population. The suburbs have some of the highest-ranked public schools in the nation. The cultural amenities are first-rate, with dozens of museums and historical sites. Traffic sucks and the cost of living is very high, though.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:05 PM
pek

15 posts, read 13,746 times
any list with San Jose, Wash DC, and Boston on it could be re-named "The Most Expensive Places to Live in the US"

Old 02-09-2017, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek View Post
any list with San Jose, Wash DC, and Boston on it could be re-named "The Most Expensive Places to Live in the US"
love your positive attitude. WOW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers