Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:47 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,751,401 times

Advertisements

I've seen at least a couple of parks recently where people live in RV's full time. They'll often have insulation and skirting around the bottom of their trailers, motor homes, and even converted school buses. Surely they're hooked up to water and sewer. Sometimes there'll be a porch built onto it.
I'd do it in a different season in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 04:53 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,044,875 times
OP, the idea of living isolated deep in the woods might initially sound like a fun lifestyle, but I almost guarantee you that you'd eventually feel very lonely and unsatisfied. Humans are social creatures.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM

12 posts, read 32,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
OP, the idea of living isolated deep in the woods might initially sound like a fun lifestyle, but I almost guarantee you that you'd eventually feel very lonely and unsatisfied. Humans are social creatures.
Well, I've pretty much been doing that for years in my campervan and so far I love it. I grew up in rural Arkansas too so it's something I have always done. I wanna be able to keep travelling but also have a permanent spot to play around with. I could build a super cheap tiny home and just run the solar power from my van into the house. It would be nice to grow vegetables as well.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:40 PM

12 posts, read 32,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I've seen at least a couple of parks recently where people live in RV's full time. They'll often have insulation and skirting around the bottom of their trailers, motor homes, and even converted school buses. Surely they're hooked up to water and sewer. Sometimes there'll be a porch built onto it.
Yeah I know of a few of those type of parks too. I definitely wouldn't like that though, too close quarters with neighbors and they usually charge too much. Some of them are pretentious and don't even accept older RVs, let alone campervans. I want something I own and have total control over.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Might sound like a great idea for some, but I don't think the OP has any intentions of living that way.What yo are talking about it seems is more like a very small mobile home park without the amenities. He seems to want to live literally in the forest and continue traveling when he wants, more like a hermit or something, but an adventuresome one. This is sorta like you see on some TV channels.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM

10 posts, read 4,364 times
Quote:
So how would a person living in their camper van dispose of human waste? Are outhouses still allowed for a residential lot? If I were you, I'd splurge and build an insulated, heated bathroom building complete with a shower, toilet and sink. It would prob require a small septic system and permit and hauled water or a small well (and permit.) Good luck.
What a great idea! Thanks for suggesting that--maybe not for the original poster, but we may make use of that if we are RV living and want to travel. Having a home base with a full size shower and toilet room would be great.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:11 PM

643 posts, read 329,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
Currently, I'm living in my campervan and working online. It's been a wonderful way to live, but I would like a cheap home base so that I don't have to pack up and move every 14 days if I don't want to. I just want a small piece of land that I can park my campervan on and live. Just pay my annual taxes and nothing more. Is that a thing anywhere? Eventually, I would possibly want to build a tiny home but I wouldn't want any utilities. I am from Arkansas originally and I noticed that there are some very affordable lots for sale, like this one: Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Does anyone know what the laws are like in Arkansas for camping on your land/composting your waste? I've never owned land, do you have to go through permits and surveying, etc just to live there even in really rural counties? Some of these 0.3 acre lots are around $500. There are a lot for sale in Sharp, Boone, and Izard county but I can't find any information about them online. If I could buy a piece of land for $500 and just park there like I do in national forests without having to answer to anyone that would be fantastic.

Thanks.
You mentioned Sharp County.

Yes, 0.3 acre lots galore, but the vast majority are within the boundaries of Cherokee Village.

#1.....buying a lot in Cherokee Village ( even far out in the undeveloped parts) gives you membership to use the facilities of CV , BUT that is all you can do with that lot.

No camping
No parking trailers on it

There is a campground in CV, quite nice, that charges $12 a night for RV/campers

There is a designated area for manufactured homes ( trailer houses )

BE SUREto check any lot for sale in Sharp County because it's a good bet they are within the boundaries of CV and thus subject to CV rules/regulations.

CV is huge and the undeveloped part is quite large also.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,354,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan&Diana View Post
What a great idea! Thanks for suggesting that--maybe not for the original poster, but we may make use of that if we are RV living and want to travel. Having a home base with a full size shower and toilet room would be great.
Sent you a PM about RV living....I did not want to hijack the thread.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:29 AM

827 posts, read 659,345 times
Quote:
I have my wife

Old 07-27-2018, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I seem to recall there was a motorhome park in belavista where one of my son's teachers lived year round. I wonder if that's still a thing
there is one street that does have all trailers and motor homes, but they are permanent and can not be moved. It is a horrible street, I doubt your son lived on that particular street. The other one is near the park where they have the summer concerts. We have friends that lived there while they were having a new home built. I don't think you can purchase the land, but you can put you Rv on a small plot. I doubt that is what the OP is looking for. BTW, it is a nice setting and would be a fun place to live, at least in the summer months. I bet that is the one you are thinking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers