Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 08:39 PM

5 posts, read 3,937 times

Advertisements

Hi all. We'll be moving from Salisbury NC (Greater Charlotte area) next week.

Wife has CEO job in Health Care and my company is giving me a market there. Bringing 3 kids, (11, 14, & 16) and a dog. Driving moving truck myself for 14 hour drive.

Likes so far: LOVE Razorback Greenway as I'm an avid cyclist, food selection, people are generally friendly, Dickson Street, the University Area, Cork and Keg (we live right close), general openness of the area... can't put my finger on it exactly but lots of open space.

Anyway, look forward to it and hope to stay here awhile. If you have any tips, food recommendations, or "secrets" I'm all ears.

Last edited by wcs&amc; 06-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 08:49 PM

5 posts, read 3,937 times
Oh, the architecture/design of all those bridges on I-49 from Fort Smith is amazing. I have never seen that many bridges that high up in such a short distance. It's really something.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:25 PM

231 posts, read 380,966 times
Welcome to the area. Tips.... Watch out for random children (or in my case, me) running around on the dirt trails. The main downtown areas have many little eateries to choose from: Petra Cafe, Little Bread Company, Hugos, Emma Ave. Bar & Tap, The Rail, Brick Street Brews, Tusk & Trotter American Brasserie, Pedaler's Pub... Just to name a tiny handful.

Secrets... Take your shoes off and visit Bentonville splash park and the many creeks going by the trails. Park at the Crystal Bridges Museum top parking lot near the ball, walk the natural trails to museum, visit the museum and maybe eat inside, walk the natural trails up to downtown Bentonville and visit Spark cafe and/or an eatery, then walk back to your vehicle. Lots of walking but calming. Just be careful with the heat and humidity if you are not use to it.

Mosquito spray is always recommended for any outdoor activity if they like you like they like me.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
You probably will not find a lot of difference from NC except, of course much smaller. Make Crystal Bridges one of your first spots to visit if you haven't already. Don't miss the farmers market on the square. I am sure NC has a great one as well, but there is must something so special about Fayetteville's. Mermaids is a great place to have a nice lunch or dinner. Probably the biggest downer we hear about is Bikes, Blues and bar b cues which is every fall. There are 3 or 4 days of bikers everywhere and it is very noisy and crowded. The good thing, it brings in a lot of money for both charity and the city. We are about 30 miles north and we still get a lot of bikers.

Do remember,you are in Razorback territory so don't tell the region if you are a No Carolina fan.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:19 AM

97 posts, read 141,917 times
We did the opposite three years ago- Bentonville to Huntersville. The pay was very low for Engineers, so we needed to move on. We miss Bentonville Schools, Crystal Bridges and the hiking. However; there was not much local to do. We had to drive a few hours to get to Silver Dollar City, the Tulsa Aquairum and Zoo, all of which are much closer in Huntersville. We hope you have fabulous adventures!

Old 06-19-2019, 05:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs&amc View Post

Wife has CEO job in Health Care and my company is giving me a market there. Bringing 3 kids, (11, 14, & 16) and a dog. Driving moving truck myself for 14 hour drive.

Likes so far: LOVE Razorback Greenway as I'm an avid cyclist, food selection, people are generally friendly, Dickson Street, the University Area, Cork and Keg (we live right close), general openness of the area... can't put my finger on it exactly but lots of open space.

Anyway, look forward to it and hope to stay here awhile. If you have any tips, food recommendations, or "secrets" I'm all ears.
So how is the move going so far?!!!! Hope you are getting somewhat settled in and don't think these rains will last forever: 40 days and 40 nights are about the max.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:55 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:

Tusk and Trotter would suite you, likely.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:40 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,165,546 times
Quote:

As a cyclist I'd highly suggest taking up mountain biking. Some great trails here and more are being built on a monthly basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers